How long is your game backlog (in hours)?

Anemos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Although I never have more than 5 Xbox 360 games in my backlog, they are almost always long games (mostly RPGs). I have 5 games that add up to 450 hours worth of playtime.

I determined the total hours by finding out how long it took the average player to get all achievements in that game.

How many hours worth of gameplay, do you personally (since not everybody cares about achievements) think your backlog has?

Hmm..well my backlog is about 270 games right now. If we say 10 hours per game, that puts me at 2700 hours. However mixed in there are at least 70 RPGs with several 100hr+ ones.

So I guess I could easily say 4000 hours or so.

Mine is infinite, since I'll never actually play through all the games I own, especially all those games I've picked up from Steam.

There isn't enough time left in my life to play everything I want to play and new games just keep coming out. I got rid of my backlog for the most part - too depressing to just dream about playing them. Now I'll only buy a game if I know I can play (and finish) it within a month.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Only game in my backlog currently is Dragon Age Ultimate Edition. So however long that is.....[/QUOTE]

That's easily 70 hours right there.

As for mine, I think I have about 10 games. I also have 7 that are partially complete... So if I had to guess I'd say I've easily got around 200 hours worth of backlog. Yikes. This was supposed to be my week to catch up, too, since I was off of work. Not making much progress since AC:B took up most of my time over the weekend and Dead Nation kept me busy yesterday.

[quote name='javeryh']There isn't enough time left in my life to play everything I want to play and new games just keep coming out. I got rid of my backlog for the most part - too depressing to just dream about playing them. Now I'll only buy a game if I know I can play (and finish) it within a month.[/QUOTE]

I do pretty much the same--beyond worrying about finishing it in a month.

I generally won't buy a game if I have even 1 unplayed game sitting on the shelf.

I'll make a rare exception for something like Mass Effect 2 or Gears of War sequel that's a "must play right now" game for me. But I try my best to clear any unplayed games out before those type of release dates.

I enjoy gaming more this gen without having a backlog weighing on me as I can just take time and enjoy games and spend more time on them rather than feeling a need to beat it and move on to the next.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I do pretty much the same--beyond worrying about finishing it in a month.

I generally won't buy a game if I have even 1 unplayed game sitting on the shelf.

I'll make a rare exception for something like Mass Effect 2 or Gears of War sequel that's a "must play right now" game for me. But I try my best to clear any unplayed games out before those type of release dates.

I enjoy gaming more this gen without having a backlog weighing on me as I can just take time and enjoy games and spend more time on them rather than feeling a need to beat it and move on to the next.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The reason I limit myself to the one month thing is because if I won't play it for longer I might as well wait to buy it - the price always goes down! I do make exceptions for the "must play now games" like Gears of War or a new Zelda or something.

[quote name='javeryh']Exactly. The reason I limit myself to the one month thing is because if I won't play it for longer I might as well wait to buy it - the price always goes down! I do make exceptions for the "must play now games" like Gears of War or a new Zelda or something.[/QUOTE]

Oh, to be clear I don't buy games if I won't play them with in a month.

I just meant I don't worry about beating them within a month as I get busy and it often times takes me a couple months to beat a game. I just generally won't buy another game while working on beating that one.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Oh, to be clear I don't buy games if I won't play them with in a month.

I just meant I don't worry about beating them within a month as I get busy and it often times takes me a couple months to beat a game. I just generally won't buy another game while working on beating that one.[/QUOTE]

I also get distracted - it never goes according to plan.

Right now my backlog consists of Dead Space, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, Fable III, and Lost Odyssey. I figure that's somewhere between 175-225 hours.

[quote name='aheineken']Right now my backlog consists of Dead Space, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, Fable III, and Lost Odyssey. I figure that's somewhere between 175-225 hours.[/QUOTE]

Play Lost Odyssey now! Seriously!

I only buy games I know I'll play but usually I end up getting a bunch of schoolwork right after I buy them...

Can't wait for my 1 month winter break after finals week!

1276, according to this thread, and is realistically probably over 1300 considering I take more time on my playthroughs than most. I plan on knocking out a few of the 6-10 hour shorties just to be able to say that I've made some progress.:roll:

Blue Dragon
Breath of Fire III
Chrono Trigger (almost finished, doing sidequests before end, going to replay)
Contact
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Drakengard 2
Dynasty Warriors 5
Eternal Sonata
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X-2 (in chapter 3)
Final Fantasy XIII
Half-Minute Hero
Infinite Space
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts
Lost Odyssey
Magical Starsign (about 20 hours in)
Maken Shao: Demon Sword
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
The Mark of Kri
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Mystery Dungeon Shiren The Wanderer
Nier
Psychonauts
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
Resonance of Fate
Rogue Galaxy
Sega Mega Drive Collection (for Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium)
Shadow Hearts: From The New World
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
Soul Nomad and the World Eaters
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Suikoden IV
Tales of Eternia
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tales of Vesperia
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse

That's all the RPGs I own plus a few other games. I don't see how I'm ever going to beat them all! There's aren't enough hours in my lifetime.

My backlog is to big to quantify in hours. It is around 30-40 games. Many are long games too (Fallout 3, Mass Effect... etc).

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']Over 9000 hours.[/QUOTE]

Not enough time in my life I do not think and EarthBound does not suck! lol :applause:

I'm have about 150-200 hours (as I'm sure a few I will play and just put down and never want to finish)

I am starting tomorrow to try and reduce that down significantly. I'm going to be mostly stuck at home till the New Year, so I'm going to make a big push to clear out the backlog of retail games

I only have Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 to finish at the current time. I am close to completing ME, which includes all assignments and missions.

There is about a good 40 hours I believe, maybe more. I plan to finish everything in each game.

bread's done
Back