How long til' new titles at gamestop be also available used?

as50193

CAGiversary!
I want to get BF:BC, so I tried to get it used with the 25% off coupon, but couldn't find it used anywhere, which was funny because I saw alone in the dark used there. Is there a set time until they release it used, and do you think I can get it before the coupon expires?

talk to the manager. usually managers get free copies of games before release and they trade it in as soon as the computer lets them. i saw 3 copies of halo3 after launch night haha, only 2 gta

[quote name='devildr1ver']makes me sad to see a copy of mgs4 used at gamestop. Makes me wonder what kind of idiot would do that....[/QUOTE]
Idoits who thought it would be a fast paced shooter since the game was advertised to hell and the only thing they showed was Snake shooting the shit out of everything

[quote name='as50193']Is there a set time until they release it used[/quote]

You realize that used games are whatever people trade in, right? It just depends on your area.

[quote name='devildr1ver']makes me sad to see a copy of mgs4 used at gamestop. Makes me wonder what kind of idiot would do that....[/quote]

The kind of person who got bored with it or blew through it and doesn't believe in replaying games. I know there's some people like that around here, but I'm definitely NOT one of them. I like to keep my shit forever.

[quote name='devildr1ver']makes me sad to see a copy of mgs4 used at gamestop. Makes me wonder what kind of idiot would do that....[/quote]

considering some gs will give you 48$ for it, i think you are the ...

[quote name='monkeydeew']considering some gs will give you 48$ for it, i think you are the ...[/quote]
Considering the game costs $60 new, that's basically a $12 rental.

[quote name='Scorch']You realize that used games are whatever people trade in, right? It just depends on your area.[/quote]
Yeah, obviously, but I was thinking maybe GS has a system to hold relatively new games that were traded in from putting it on the store to sell new copies of that game, not used ones, to make mroe money.

I am still looking for The World ends with you used, beacuse iam a cheap ass and i dont want to shovel over the extra $5.

Depends on the game, how good it is, whether it has multiplayer, and--of course--the stores in your area. Strip stores, on average, will get stuff faster than mall stores; I saw a used copy of BF: BC the other day in one near me, same with MGS 4. Games without multiplayer tend to get traded back in fairly quickly, and the crappy games even quicker than that.

[quote name='as50193']Yeah, obviously, but I was thinking maybe GS has a system to hold relatively new games that were traded in from putting it on the store to sell new copies of that game, not used ones, to make mroe money.[/quote]

I was always under the assumption that they only make maybe $10 on a new,sealed game versus 100% of the price(less any trade value they paid on it) for a used game. So, I thought that they'd wanna get those used copies out there QUICK.

[quote name='as50193']Yeah, obviously, but I was thinking maybe GS has a system to hold relatively new games that were traded in from putting it on the store to sell new copies of that game, not used ones, to make mroe money.[/quote]

Uh stores make more money on used games not new. And depending on some states, they have to hold trade ins for 30 days.

bread's done
Back