How long until UPS has my tracking info?

Allnatural

CAGiversary!
Had a package shipped to me yesterday (about 4:00) and as of now UPS has no information on it whatsoever. I know the system is a little slow with the updates sometimes, but I'd like to at least see an estimated delivery date. Right now it's like it doesn't exist.

it is not really a tracking number, it is a deliver confirmation number. Meaning it might not get an update till it is deliver

[quote name='62t']it is not really a tracking number, it is a deliver confirmation number. Meaning it might not get an update till it is deliver[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? Your Tracking number will be in they system when it is generated and billing is confirmed, the arrival scan will occur when it hits the first UPS hub. So you should have tracking on it within the day it is shipped.

Unless of course someone decided to not scan the package anywhere...

[quote name='62t']it is not really a tracking number, it is a deliver confirmation number. Meaning it might not get an update till it is deliver[/quote]

That's USPS, and sometimes it does get updated along the way, other times it doesn't.

False alarm. Turns out the tracking number was changed for some reason. Package is en route (new home theater speakers, if anyone is wondering).

[quote name='Allnatural']False alarm. Turns out the tracking number was changed for some reason. Package is en route (new home theater speakers, if anyone is wondering).[/quote]

No one was wondering.

[quote name='Allnatural']Had a package shipped to me yesterday (about 4:00) and as of now UPS has no information on it whatsoever. I know the system is a little slow with the updates sometimes, but I'd like to at least see an estimated delivery date. Right now it's like it doesn't exist.[/quote]

It's impatience like this that has stopped me from listing stuff on Amazon and Half.com for sale, since people want the stuff yesterday and want to know it's en route within the first five minutes after ordering.

I hate how lazy the damn USPS has become(or if it's due to a rule change it truly sucks), since I used to get updates at every step along the route packages took even with media mail, but lately if it's scanned at the beginning and the end of it's trek it's a miracle.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's impatience like this that has stopped me from listing stuff on Amazon and Half.com for sale, since people want the stuff yesterday and want to know it's en route within the first five minutes after ordering.[/quote]
Impatience? I'm accustomed to seeing a package in the system within moments of receiving a shipping email. It stands to reason I'd be a little curious when it's not there after 20 hours.

[quote name='Allnatural']Impatience? I'm accustomed to seeing a package in the system within moments of receiving a shipping email. It stands to reason I'd be a little curious when it's not there after 20 hours.[/quote]

Sometimes the system doesn't update immediately and if it's the USPS then you're lucky if it EVER updates.

bread's done
Back