How long until Xbox360 Platinum Hits?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Hopefully before the end of the year and hopefully at $20 although I have a feeling it will be after the next holiday season and they will be $30 each... what do you think?

I think it all depends on how many games will be out by the end of the year but I'm thinking Fall 2006 or Spring 2007.

MS Software will probobly $20 since their games are $49.99 just like the original xbox. This might push the 3rd party platinum games to be $20 as well...hopefully.

Yo dude that bakery has got all the BOMB frostings, I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Goslings goslings goslings. 2 no 6 no 12 BAKERS DOZEN, I TOLD YOU THAT I"M CRAZY FOR THOSE CUPCAKES COUZEN!

i hope so also.

[quote name='Maynard']Yo dude that bakery has got all the BOMB frostings, I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Goslings goslings goslings. 2 no 6 no 12 BAKERS DOZEN, I TOLD YOU THAT I"M CRAZY FOR THOSE CUPCAKES COUZEN!

i hope so also.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

lol, man i was listening to the SNL song i can't help that the song rules though.

[quote name='Maynard']lol, man i was listening to the SNL song i can't help that the song rules though.[/QUOTE]
kewl

They can take til 2007 for all I care, so long as they ditch that horrible platinum hits cover scheme. In all honesty though I certainly think we'll see prices drops to about $20-30 in fall probably, but I dunno if they'll pe part of an official MS program like platinum hits.

[quote name='Maynard']Yo dude that bakery has got all the BOMB frostings, I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Goslings goslings goslings. 2 no 6 no 12 BAKERS DOZEN, I TOLD YOU THAT I"M CRAZY FOR THOSE CUPCAKES COUZEN!

i hope so also.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is I have been thinking about this song all day too. Because Mr. Pibb and Red Vines equals "Crazy Delicious".

Hope the price will be 20 but I wouldn't be mad to get the titles at 30 to get them at least at half off of what they are now.

Summer of 2007 at the earliest. MS didn't start the Xbox Platinum Hits until just over 2 years into the Xbox life, so it won't be done within a year of the launch.

A Platinum Hits category won't probably be out until '07 like Frisky said. Poor selling games will get marked down to PH prices a lot sooner though.

I bet the first batch of 360 Platinum Hits will show up around the same time as Halo3 and the PS3. It would be a good marketing strategy. Have a price drop on the console and on top of that have 360 Platinum Hits. It would make alot of people pick the Xbox360 over the PS3.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']They can take til 2007 for all I care, so long as they ditch that horrible platinum hits cover scheme. In all honesty though I certainly think we'll see prices drops to about $20-30 in fall probably, but I dunno if they'll pe part of an official MS program like platinum hits.[/QUOTE]

I don't worry too much about that because when games do go Platinum Hits or Greatest Hits you can always find places that have copies of the original ones for the same price :) did that with the first Star Wars KOTOR

It'd be cool if they also had some sort of Live Arcade greatest hits with reduced prices. Or if they had price drops at least on some of the Live Arcade games.

How about this time around leave the game cases be and just drop the price. I have hated greatest hits since Sony started with their DAMN green lable.

[quote name='asianxcore']I don't worry too much about that because when games do go Platinum Hits or Greatest Hits you can always find places that have copies of the original ones for the same price :) did that with the first Star Wars KOTOR[/QUOTE]

I guess it was more of a consideration for the future. Try finding Fable: The Lost Chapters without the ugly platinum hits cover...

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']They can take til 2007 for all I care, so long as they ditch that horrible platinum hits cover scheme. In all honesty though I certainly think we'll see prices drops to about $20-30 in fall probably, but I dunno if they'll pe part of an official MS program like platinum hits.[/QUOTE]
I dont really like the platinum hits, for the cover, and the fact that if it never existed, most games would be cheaper, around $10 due to time out and quality of game, it just keeps msrp at 20.

I don't think it'll be before 2007. Took much longer than a year for the original Xbox to get platinum games, if I remember correctly.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I wonder if the price will go up 10 bucks on new PH games...[/QUOTE]
I'd guess probably $5, although $25 seems like a strange number. Who knows

bread's done
Back