How many bits does the XBOX360 have?

JSK414

CAGiversary!
Hi. I was wondering how many bits does the xbox360 have? Like the NES had 8bit, the SNES had 16bit, PSone had 32 bit, N64 had 64 bit, current gen has 128bit.... What does the xbox360 have? Going by this pattern does it have 256bit? I dunno I am just curious any info would be appreciated. THanks

lots of little bits and pieces, im not voiding my waranty to count em for you. :D

i think it is still 64bit, they dont always have to keep going up

"Kibbles n' bits."

Thanks for that response... GO back to smoking you were a more informative person than...

J/K kick that filthy habit man.

I miss bits. The Dreamcast was the last official "bit" system, clocking in at 128. I don't think the PS2 ever posistioned itself as a "bit" system, and none of the consoles after that did either. The systems nowadays are much more complex, so the term doesn't really even make sense anymore.

Although, looking at the TG16 and the Jaguar, I suppose it was never an accurate term to begin with.

Bits don't mean the same that they once did. That's the reason the companies don't advertise the systems that way anymore.

If it really is gone than I miss it too. It gave a consumer a way to compare the graphics of a new console to a system of the past.

thats cause it went down

dreamcast had 128bit core

ps2 had 2 64bit cores (called 128)

gc - 64 bit

xbox - 32 bit

and i think the 360 is 64bit

i could be way off on that too, and that just goes to show how dificult it is to compare.

Yeah, bits are really not the same anymore. That being said, every damn person and their mother is moving to 64 bit. AMD64, Intel's new chips, etc.

Back to the subject...

"three core, 64-bit PowerPC at 3.2Ghz"

[quote name='JSK414']If it really is gone than I miss it too. It gave a consumer a way to compare the graphics of a new console to a system of the past.[/QUOTE]

Seeing someone post this actually made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

[quote name='BustaUppa']lol... "bits" were the universal trump card in many a schoolyard debate. Those were simple times. :D[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I once debated a kid over the Super Nintendo's bits. The Genesis clearly had 16-Bit written on the console, so I used that to prove it was clearly the superior console.

bread's done
Back