How many browser windows and tabs do you currently have going?

Collectordragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Counting the tab I'm making this post on I currently have 8 Firefox windows going with the following number of tabs:

Window/Number of Tabs
1/91
2/46
3/39
4/26
5/30
6/43
7/40
8/98

That's a total of 413 tabs. :D Is anyone else as insane with tabs as I am? :)

[quote name='Collectordragon']Counting the tab I'm making this post on I currently have 8 Firefox windows going with the following number of tabs:

Window/Number of Tabs
1/91
2/46
3/39
4/26
5/30
6/43
7/40
8/98

That's a total of 413 tabs. :D Is anyone else as insane with tabs as I am? :)[/quote]

W... T... F...?

1 window 3/4 tabs.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']W... T... F...?

1 window 3/4 tabs.[/QUOTE]

WTF indeed? I don't even have a quarter of that number in total bookmarks.

1 window, 5 tabs

I wonder if anyone uses as many tabs or more as I often do? I sure love the current version of Firefox though. Older versions would often crash if I opened up a large number of tabs and windows but version 2+ has rarely crashed.

[quote name='sylentwulf']WTF indeed? I don't even have a quarter of that number in total bookmarks.

1 window, 5 tabs[/QUOTE]

I don't know the exact number of bookmarks I have but my bookmark file is currently 4.49MB. What about yours?

[quote name='Collectordragon']I don't know the exact number of bookmarks I have but my bookmark file is currently 4.49MB. What about yours?[/QUOTE]
Not sure where the file is, but scrolling through, looks like I have about 100 bookmarks, maybe 150 in little subfolders. So I guess I have more than I thought. at least 80 of those are bookmarks I only access once every 1-2 months though (bills,computer building sites,arcade cabinet building and supply sites, etc..) Just keep em so I don't lose em. Hell, the arcade cabinet sites I haven't visited in over a year or 2.

[quote name='sylentwulf']Not sure where the file is, but scrolling through, looks like I have about 100 bookmarks, maybe 150 in little subfolders. So I guess I have more than I thought. at least 80 of those are bookmarks I only access once every 1-2 months though (bills,computer building sites,arcade cabinet building and supply sites, etc..) Just keep em so I don't lose em. Hell, the arcade cabinet sites I haven't visited in over a year or 2.[/QUOTE]

If you're using XP it's stored many folders deep inside an invisible folder that's found in the documents and settings folder. Rather than explaining that the fastest way to find out the size of your bookmark file is just to open your bookmark manager and export your bookmarks to the desktop. That'll put a copy of your bookmark file on the desktop and you can look at it there.

I must have thousands of bookmarks but many of the bookmarks I don't regularly visit and I need to delete quite a few broken bookmarks. I have so many bookmarks mainly because I've been keeping my current list of bookmarks since 1999. I just made sure to transfer my bookmarks whenever I changed browsers or computers over the years.

413? How is FF not a buggy pile of shit when you use it (because of all the damned memory leaks)?

I usually have 1 window and anywhere from 20-50 tabs.

2 windows. 1 with 22 tabs, the other with 9.

LN - I believe FF keeps a full history and cache for each tab which is the main reason the mem used goes up for each tab you have open. Although right now my FF is using 144MB of RAM (just closed a few tabs before reading this thread) so I don't know. Does seem like quite a bit.

[quote name='wubb']LN - I believe FF keeps a full history and cache for each tab which is the main reason the mem used goes up for each tab you have open. Although right now my FF is using 144MB of RAM (just closed a few tabs before reading this thread) so I don't know. Does seem like quite a bit.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I also heard that it might be related to the way FF stores pictures in the memory or something, but I was wondering how on Earth the OPs computer can handle 413 tabs.

1 window 25 tabs. But I'm in my firefox regular folder. When I start up my pc, I click the regualr folder, and it takes to me all the websites I frequent. i.e slickdeals, CAG, Webmail, ebay etc.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Counting the tab I'm making this post on I currently have 8 Firefox windows going with the following number of tabs:

Window/Number of Tabs
1/91
2/46
3/39
4/26
5/30
6/43
7/40
8/98

That's a total of 413 tabs. :D Is anyone else as insane with tabs as I am? :)[/QUOTE]
Whoa. I thought I was the only one who abused tabs so bad.

I often have over a hundred tabs open, across at least a half dozen tabs.

[quote name='LiquidNight']413? How is FF not a buggy pile of shit when you use it (because of all the damned memory leaks)?

I usually have 1 window and anywhere from 20-50 tabs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LiquidNight']Yeah, I also heard that it might be related to the way FF stores pictures in the memory or something, but I was wondering how on Earth the OPs computer can handle 413 tabs.[/QUOTE]

I used to have major problems before FF 2.0 but I rarely have problems now. I get slow down but usually only when I'm loading a bunch of websites at once. I have a 3.2 GHz P4 with 2 GB of RAM so that certainly helps. Firefox is currently using about 1,293 MB of RAM. I've had over 100 tabs going without turning my computer off in nearly a month now with very few problems.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Whoa. I thought I was the only one who abused tabs so bad.

I often have over a hundred tabs open, across at least a half dozen tabs.[/QUOTE]

High five! :)

[quote name='Collectordragon']
That's a total of 413 tabs. :D Is anyone else as insane with tabs as I am? :)[/quote]

I hope not. Is there a point?

bread's done
Back