How many days until Easter Candy gets marked down?

Jack McSmack

CAGiversary!
About how many days after a holiday do stores like Wal Mart and Dollar General start marking the candy at 50% off?

It will happen Monday. Once the holiday is done, stores try and move leftover product quickly, and some places mark then down by 70%.

They make chocolate covered peeps now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally destroying my Wal-Mart to get every last one!!! And some resse's eggs!

You all just want to make this:
peepshow.jpg

LOL

[quote name='Arakias']this is cheap ass gamer, not cheap ass eater.[/QUOTE]

Rofl...Starbust Jellybeans are good as well....:drool:

Peeps are good but I've always been partial to chocolate. The sugary types of candy just make you hungry. Chocolate lasts longer. And if it comes with some almonds or peanut butter...

Anyway like was said the day after is the one, stores are eager to unload perishables especially holiday items. I bought a couple bags after halloween last year.

you guys are lucky you like peeps, since those things are usually still available throughout the day after.

cadbury creme eggs are gone the second the store opens in the morning.

Most stores here (Target and Walmart) only mark down candy to 30% and other things 50% off, so you will probably have to wait a few days to get 50% off candy.

I usually wait till 90% off to buy the leftovers from the prior 'holiday'. Christmas candy is around there in mid January/early February. Valentine's Day crap is early/mid March.

So probably around mid April I'll see if there's anything left of the Easter stuff. Of course, by then I might break a tooth on one of those stale Peeps.:lol:

But that's the price you pay for being a real cheapass when buying clearance candy.;)

Last year, the very next day after Easter I went to my Wal-Mart and they had NO Easter candy! They didn't even have a clearance section set up for it. I was like WTF? I bet they saved it for this year...

THis is how it ususally goes down at target around here (did in years past)

TARGET
Day after 50% off

3 to 4 days after that 75% off

3 to 4 days after that 90% off

Walmart

Day after 50% off
around 7 to 10 days after 75%
Rest is sent to someplace after that

Walgreens
Day after 50%
(at least around here.. they will NOT Go to 75% said they can sell it to another big name store for more cash then selling at 75% off (dont know to who)

Toys r us

50 to 75% off the day after

up to 90% off a week later

Yum peeps!! I remember while I was still in tech school they had this website called something like "surgery on peeps" lol. Pretty funny stuff.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Last year, the very next day after Easter I went to my Wal-Mart and they had NO Easter candy! They didn't even have a clearance section set up for it. I was like WTF? I bet they saved it for this year...[/QUOTE]

That's Wal*Mart for ya. As soon as they realize they're risking losing profit, they will immediately yank stuff from the shelves.

[quote name='slidecage']
(at least around here.. they will NOT Go to 75% said they can sell it to another big name store for more cash then selling at 75% off (dont know to who)[/QUOTE]

Probably Big Lots or something like that, since they do tend to get clearance stuff and closeouts and everything is in limited quantities till they sell out. That's the only problem with closeout stores, is that if you don't buy what you want one week, it may be gone the next and never back in stock.

I'm kind of surprised that Kmart/Target/TRU don't sell their clearance games that reach end of life(aka the stuff they have 100-200 copies of and no one wants)to Big Lots or some other closeout stores.

Must stock up on chocolate covered marshmallow eggs...

Used to love peeps, but the thought of basically a gooey ball of sugar...well...

Right. Need to move onward to making my peep-show. lulz. (lol'd at the picture)

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Reeses eggs > all[/QUOTE]

This. I like Peeps but, I ate four this morning and it basically gave me the full checklist of Pepto Bismol symptoms.

I'm going to raid the crap out of CVS, hopefully with even greater success than my previous 90%-off Valentines candy haul.

I'll third Immortal's Reese's Eggs love. They're the best. Followed by stale peeps. I don't like them fresh as they're too soft.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']This. I like Peeps but, I ate four this morning and it basically gave me the full checklist of Pepto Bismol symptoms.[/QUOTE]

:lol: You just got me thinking of the Pepto-Bismol commercials, which used to get me laughing any time I saw them. You gotta wonder what the actors who did those commercials are doing now.:lol: Or maybe not....:puke:

My store (Michael's) is already hitting 60-70% off Easter candy... craft stores like to push the seasonal crap a lot faster since we've got less room and more new crap coming in.

I just loaded up on Japanese sweets though, so I'll be alternating between mom's stash of Reese's eggs and pocky. (They had no Pucca. :cry:)

I was just at Walmart and Target. Walmart has all their easter candy at 50% off. Target has some candy (smaller individual packages) at 50% off, and bagged candy is only 30% off.

So far I've picked up 4 packs of Peeps bunnies(two green, two yellow) and 4 packs of regular Peeps(one each of yellow, orange, green, and pink) all for a total of $5.92 :D

bread's done
Back