How many headsets do you own?

icyjones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
i'm gonna be new to live pretty soon, so bear with me. I currently have 4 headsets but am questioning my need for more than 1. i can get 4 bucks a piece for them at eb, so should i trade them in tomorrow?

I would keep them on hand. I had about 4 or 5 between getting them in xbox live kits, the system, the vision camera, and some other stuff I don't remember but I have already gone through most of them. The wiring in them is crap. I don't treat them badly or anything they just tend to stop working after months of use. You sell them for $4 but when yours breaks you have to pay at the least $15 for a new one. Just hang onto them.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I would keep them on hand. I had about 4 or 5 between getting them in xbox live kits, the system, the vision camera, and some other stuff I don't remember but I have already gone through most of them. The wiring in them is crap. I don't treat them badly or anything they just tend to stop working after months of use. You sell them for $4 but when yours breaks you have to pay at the least $15 for a new one. Just hang onto them.[/quote]

very good point. i went through three of the wireless logitech headsets for the original xbox. luckily i found the halo 2 plantronics set for 10 bux on ebgames

I have three, I guess. My official Xbox one from my original Xbox, but it is somewhere in my closet and I never use it because of no volume control and no mute. I have the wireless one which I use whenever I play. And I have the wired one that came with premium, I use it when my wireless runs out of battery.

2, but more than one is pointless. I bought the second so I could have my guest talk when we play Gears of War online together, but little did I know, the guest is not allowed to talk!

Luckily, this is my only big problem with the 360. Unluckily, it's a big problem. I've probably had about 8 headsets and usually after a month and a half they die. After the first 3 I got insurance with each one, so I end up spending about 2 bucks every two months for headsets. I probably own 2 right now.

thanks for the replies.
what about the wired ones keep breaking?
would it be smart to trade some of them in and get a 3rd party that will last longer?

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']2, but more than one is pointless. I bought the second so I could have my guest talk when we play Gears of War online together, but little did I know, the guest is not allowed to talk![/quote]
HA

[quote name='icyjones']thanks for the replies.
would it be smart to trade some of them in and get a 3rd party that will last longer?[/quote]

I've never had a wired one break on me and I've been using it regularly for 6 months. I think people might just be getting faulty ones
or aren't treating them as nicely as they claim

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I've never had a wired one break on me and I've been using it regularly for 6 months. I think people might just be getting faulty ones
or aren't treating them as nicely as they claim
[/quote]

I thought all this news of headsets breaking was bunk too. But I treat everything I own very well. After I'm done with my headset I put it in a drawer next to the couch. After about six months my first headset died on me. it was no big deal because I had like 4 others but I've gone through quite a few of them by now. I've had them last from 2 months to around 6 but after going through about 4 of them I finally went on and purchased the wireless headset. Hopefull it will stay strong, I've had it for about a month and no problems so far.

I would say trading them in for a third party headset wouldn't be a bad idea. Either that or buying a puck for volume/mute control to use an old xbox headset. I personally loved the original xbox headsets, I never had that break on me in the like 3-4 years I owned it.

I haven't heard about the wireless one breaking. I've had mine since release, and it works just fine.

I own 3 headsets btw. Official M$ wireless, and wired, and a cheap madcatz one I got for $5 as a backup.

I got 3, the one that came in the box, the plantronic x30 and the turtle beach surround sound.

[quote name='icyjones']thanks for the replies.
would it be smart to trade some of them in and get a 3rd party that will last longer?[/quote]

I always get a third party one from plantronic or logitech, because the microsoft ones always seem to be crappy and break after a couple of uses.

I've got five official Microsoft ones.

4 wired (One is broken - the one that came with my console, my replacement, my wife's, and the one that came with the camera)

and one wireless

you only need 1. You can't use more than 1 over xbox live which is really lame when you play with guests.
Other than that I don't see why you'd need more headsets unless for some strange reason you had some huge building Xbox 360 system link party.

Seriously, how are you people breaking so many headsets? It defies logic. They don't just break spontaneously. I've only once - ever gotten a shoddy one. it was broken right out of the packaging. i took it back to the shop where i bought it and was handed a new one without question. I have no idea how you people are going through headsets at rates in excess of one a month. You know they're supposed to go on your HEAD right?

[quote name='Zoglog']you only need 1. You can't use more than 1 over xbox live which is really lame when you play with guests.
Other than that I don't see why you'd need more headsets unless for some strange reason you had some huge building Xbox 360 system link party.[/quote]

I usually use my plantronics x30 for normal play on xbox live, then i have my turtle beach for when I don't want the sound to come out of my speakers, and then the normal xbox one is just the one I have because it came in the box. reasons enough

I have two (got one with 360 and the other with live kit). I seriously don't understand how some people go through them so fast. Sure the wire is thin, but still, come on. I don't baby mine, yet I don't abuse it, and I'm still on my first one.

Same with the logitech headsets for the PS2 that a bunch of people also had problems with "because they were cheap". Ok, I've had mine for ~3 years and only one, and it still works like it did out of the box.

Perhaps it's because I don't beat the crap out of my stuff? :roll:

I currently have 5 headsets, 4 of the original 360 headsets and one motorola NFL headset. I think I would like one of those Turtle Beach ones and I plan on buying a wireless one, which will complete my obscene 360 headset collection and set in progress the end of the world:twisted:

6... 3 for the original xb.. 3 for the 360... most all came from good deals on XBL kits though... but I always like having spares handy so they stay packed up out of the way

Gone thru 2. One was crappy out of the box, and one fell off my head when i jumped up and broke. The wiring isn't reinforced leading into the headset which is the cause of all the breakage. I'd keep all of the ones you have.

I have two, one from the original xbox and one from the 360. Both work fine and have been working fine for about 3 and 1 year respectively.

[quote name='mcroa7']I currently have 5 headsets, 4 of the original 360 headsets and one motorola NFL headset. I think I would like one of those Turtle Beach ones and I plan on buying a wireless one, which will complete my obscene 360 headset collection and set in progress the end of the world:twisted:[/quote]

The turtle beach are amazing, althought they are the biggest headset you will ever wear. When playing most games, due to the surround sound, it feels like you are actually there. A great buy if you can find them for a good price.

I've had three Microsoft mics and one Logitech mic break. I also traded in my wireless mic to EB for $16 because it was such a piece of shit I would have felt bad selling it to a real person. I am adult professional that takes excellent care of his stuff. Its not me. Although I will admit that I put the mics through a lot of hours.

With that said, I'd keep 2 MS mics. One that is under warrantee and one to use while Microsoft is sending you a replacement. The way the controller is designed there is undue stress on connector regardless of what mic you are using.

Three. I bought 2 of the XBL kits on the cheap and have the mics from those and the original one that came with my system. The original started acting up in December and just cuts out randomly and I have to switch to the second one which seems to have more echo. Haven't tried the third one yet, but I'm keeping them all as the things are so damn cheap who knows when they're gonna break.

had 3....1 with premium, another with vision and i got the wireless for xmas......but i gave one of my friends one of the wired ones cause his was crazy messed up..i keep the other wired one for when i want to use a headset and the wireless happens to be charging

bread's done
Back