how many multi-console owners are contemplating going solo-console next gen?

NGC2 or PS3!
Probably won't get another console for a year or year1/2 after launch(~2007). But I predict it will probably be a NintendoGC2 or a PS3 depending on the particular game titles I want to play more. Plus in the mean time I will probably have a descent PC for gaming during(2005-2007).

I'll buy Xbox 2 when it comes out, and wait a year for Sony to get their act together, so I won't have to buy 3 PS3s. GC2 can wait.

already have $2000 saved for the next consoles in a savings account, so I definately will be buying everything like i always do. Then i'll watch my friends finally give into buying the consoles i try to convince to buy for a year and half and they'll pay half price. You patient bastards.

Meynerd

"CONSUMER WHORE"

xbox 2. I hate sony, not judt from a gaming perspective. Ill get the next gamecube when it hets really cheap, like the one I got noe for $80 at walmart with the zelda disc.

BIG NICK why you hate soRNY ? Not attacking just curious if they did something personal to you or you just hate them for stealing your first born :p. Seriously though i bet you own at least 4 sony products in your house or 4 products that sony invented :shock:

MEYNERD

Nah, I can't go solo with the consoles. I don't believe any one console will have ALL the games I want to play. I know if I only have one there are going to be releases that will just eat at me on the other consoles.

If Nintendo would just stop messing around and get their crap online, i could probrobly make due with just a GC2 for a while.

[quote name='Maynard']BIG NICK why you hate soRNY ? Not attacking just curious if they did something personal to you or you just hate them for stealing your first born :p. Seriously though i bet you own at least 4 sony products in your house or 4 products that sony invented :shock:

MEYNERD[/quote]

Nothing sony at all in the my household. All sony makes is overpriced mass produced crap. Not sure what was invented solely my sony, so Im not sure on that part.

I am definetly going with Sony first. I can care less about Super Mario Smash Zelda Featuring Metroid F-Zero missions 2. I don't like Nintendo games and quite frankly, I really don't like what Nintendo has become SNES was gold for me and since than its gone down hill. My order will be PS3, PSP, Xbox 2, N5, DS. Depending what happens with the Phatomn, I may get that it looks promising unlike anything XBX2/N5 has shown.

This generation, I bought an Xbox, but I'm thinking I should have gotten a Gamecube. Xbox has more third party games, but most of the third party games I want are also on GCN (though some, like THPS, would be difficult with the GCN controller). There are more GCN exclusives I want than Xbox exclusives (for example: Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Metroid Prime). The only game I have on Xbox that's a must-have over anything on GCN is Knights of the Old Republic (when Fable comes out though, that could change).

With that sentiment in mind, I think I'll go with Nintendo's system next time around. I'm getting tired of all the stealth, war, and crime games, and I like Nintendo's philosophy on keeping games simple and fun. Depending on Nintendo's third party support, I may have to pick up Microsoft's NextBox to get my THPS fix though. As for Sony, I like their electronics (digital cameras and TVs especially), but I'm not a big Playstation fan, so I won't be buying their system.

Either way, I have a backlog of PS1 and DC games to play, plus more I want to get, so I probably won't get any new system until a year after it comes out. Then again, I'm a sucker for early adoption: I bought 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, and N64 launch week. I guess I'll play it by ear, but I'm leaning toward Nintendo.

Probably just get a ps3. However, after owning a saturn, n64, and playstation, I planned to just get a ps2. That lasted until this month when the halo edition xbox convinced me to go multi-console again. So, we'll see if the same thing happens for the next gen.

No way am I going solo console in the next gen. And I never buy a system on the launch date. I'd rather wait until the price drops on a new system, the bugs are worked out, and there are more then 10 games to play on it. And I only buy a console if there are plenty of games on it that I want to play.

I can certainly hold off on the next gen consoles for awhile, I have plenty of backlogged games I need to finish now. By the time that happens, there will plenty of new games on other systems I will want.

If anything, the next big purchase I make will be a shiny new PC. My current PC is over 5 years old, and seriously needs to be replaced. I never play videogames on it anymore because, well, its too old and slow.

BIIIIIGGGG NIIIICCCKKKKK YOU LIIIEEDD TO MEEEE

i bet you have a VCR in your house, I bet you have CDs in your house UH OH both invented by sony dun dun dunnnnn.

mn

I'm multi-console now.. I bought all three at launch. Next time, I won't be fooled by Microsoft, and definitely not fooled by Sony so early in the game.

I'll pick them up when there's a killer app for ME, not for everyone else (Halo).

Nintendo continues to entertain me with their software and their overall goal for video gaming as a whole - they get my money again, first and foremost, as they have since the NES.

[quote name='Maynard']BIIIIIGGGG NIIIICCCKKKKK YOU LIIIEEDD TO MEEEE

i bet you have a VCR in your house, I bet you have CDs in your house UH OH both invented by sony dun dun dunnnnn.

mn[/quote]

I believe the VCR ws invented by JVC. The CD was co-invented by phillips and sony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_disc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCR

Sony had teh betamax, another attempt by them to bring a propriatery, piece of shit to the mass market.

werd i have a different article saying that sony was the pioneer of it hmm don't know how credible it is though so i'm going to fess up to the fact of i probably just got owned but not for sure yet. let the war begin! Doesn't matter that philips co created sony was the biggest developer of it poo head

mn

[quote name='Maynard']werd i have a different article saying that sony was the pioneer of it hmm don't know how credible it is though so i'm going to fess up to the fact of i probably just got owned but not for sure yet. let the war begin! Doesn't matter that philips co created sony was the biggest developer of it poo head

mn[/quote]

lol poo poo head. Beat that! I give credit to sony for co-developing things. SPDIF Sony Philips Digital Interface, (Digital Out on you DVD players...) They try to hard to make proprietary stuff, and it sucks. All of there stuff is overpriced and not of very good quality.

Someone mentioned handhelds :

I'll be picking up a DS. It's fun to play, and the PSP suffers from a head-up-ass syndrome.

I am going Sony and Microsoft. I may get the N5 just for Zelda. I know I am definitly getting Xbox 2 at launch though since Xbox totally ownz. The Gamecube has really let me down. I'm hoping that none of these consoles come out until 2006 though. A lot of bad ass pc games are coming out and I still have to save up some extra money to build my PC.

In true cheapassidness, I will wait for the price drops. I keep my pc hardware fairly current, I got my Xbox right after the system launched, I just bought a Gamecube a month ago, and I still don't have a PS2 (I will end up getting one when Gran Turismo 4 is released). I figure this way I will have plenty of catalog titles to keep me entertained untill I finally break down and get a new system. The only system I might get right away is the DS as long as its backwards compatable with Advance games.

hmm i'm curious as to how Your avatar big nick is under 20 k i'm learning how to make animated .gifs and i had to make mine so freaking small because of the 20 k limit....help

mn

[quote name='Maynard']hmm i'm curious as to how Your avatar big nick is under 20 k i'm learning how to make animated .gifs and i had to make mine so freaking small because of the 20 k limit....help

mn[/quote]

I didnt do it. WSB did. I am sure it is picture quality though. A pic that small doesnt need to be high quality.

I will be getting all the new consoles from Sony, MS, and Nintendo when it comes out and handhelds (DS and PSP).

I'll be waiting outside the gate at my local EB for all 3 of them. You can buy every system at launch and it still cost about the same as a top of the line PC, which I have as well. I will never walk into a game store and say, "man I wish that game was on my system." Well, I might wait on PS3 just because the PS2 doesn't really offer any games that I like that aren't available and better on another system.

I'm gonna go the cheapass route, too. I'll probably follow the same pattern I did with this generation. Pick up the PS3 after the first price drop, Nintendo when it's price drops, then eventually give in and get the new microsoft console.

Of course, it's all going to depend on what games come out for what systems and when. X-Box was the last system I got in the generation because there wasn't much I wanted for it until KOTOR came out. If Nintendo launched with a Zelda game (Unlikely, I know), I'll have to get one quick.

bread's done
Back