How many of you preordered

panasonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
How many preordered and have not got canceled? I ordered 1 20gb and so far so good, just seeing how many people get in last night.

as far as i'm concerned all these floating bs rumors around the net are just that...internet rumors! they are completely baseless and I will believe nothing else until Best Buy personally informs me that the preorders are not legit.

[quote name='CounterSeal']You pre-ordered at bestbuy.com last night? Be prepared for a let down, confirmed.[/quote]
lol. i love it when people post bs like this. they honestly believe anyone is going to believe them. care to back up your "inside info" with some concrete credited evidence from an official best buy source?....no?....okay then

[quote name='CounterSeal']You pre-ordered at bestbuy.com last night? Be prepared for a let down, confirmed.[/QUOTE]

At this point, it's all just hope (and a hold on my credit card) ... not sure, but probably still going to camp out for launch day!

There's no harm in waiting to see if BB contacts us.To those who say it's a glitch, when did you speak with the VP of Marketing? He/she was unavailable for comment when I called... :/

[quote name='SLOYAROLE']There's no harm in waiting to see if BB contacts us.To those who say it's a glitch, when did you speak with the VP of Marketing? He/she was unavailable for comment when I called... :/[/quote]
Exactly:applause:

[quote name='Cloudy Wolf']lol. i love it when people post bs like this. they honestly believe anyone is going to believe them. care to back up your "inside info" with some concrete credited evidence from an official best buy source?....no?....okay then[/QUOTE]

http://www.ps3land.com/article-951.php

Late last night, Bestbuy customers were able to fill out preorder forms for the PlayStation 3, online at www.bestbuy.com. The whole process seemed legit as customers believed they could obtain a PS3 without having to lineup or camp outside the store on launch day. However, the simple fact that Bestbuy gave customers preorders for a console should shock everyone, considering the fact that they never do preorders. There were reports that some people were actually able to fill out 12-15 preorders using different accounts. The whole system was hectic and fueled by the need for PlayStation 3.

To clear up this mess, we at PS3Land were able to get a hold of a Bestbuy sales representative via their public number 888-BESTBUY. The man assured us that the whole preorder process was a system glitch. Informed us that Bestbuy does not do preorders and that everyone who was able to obtain a preorder on their site will not be receiving one and will be given a full refund. His answer comes as no surprise, considering Bestbuy's history of console launches and the lack of news that they would be taking preorders last night. To clear up the matter even further, the sales representative assured us that all participating Bestbuy outlets will be opening their doors on November 17 at 8 a.m. An employee will come around giving out PS3 tickets that correlate to the exact amount of PS3s their store holds. When a customer receives a ticket, he/she will be able to go inside the store and purchase a PS3. Does this process sound familiar?

PS3Land apologizes to anyone who had their hopes of getting a PS3 without having to wait in unbearably long lines. The PS3 will be hard to obtain due to the low number of units available on launch day. Good luck to all of those who will be camping out for a system, and happy PS3 hunting.

You don't have to take my word, or their word for it. I'm not forcing you to believe anything. I'm simply telling you to avoid keeping your hopes up too high.

well, id believe that, but best buy did take pre-orders last year for the 360. it was available to reward zone members before launch. and if you were at the best buy pre order page last night, the page was CLEARLY set up as a preorder page for the ps3. so the good folks at ps3land (who ive never ever heard of) can keep preaching. like you said, i dont have to take your word for it. so i wont.

[quote name='CounterSeal']http://www.ps3land.com/article-951.php

Late last night, Bestbuy customers were able to fill out preorder forms for the PlayStation 3, online at www.bestbuy.com. The whole process seemed legit as customers believed they could obtain a PS3 without having to lineup or camp outside the store on launch day. However, the simple fact that Bestbuy gave customers preorders for a console should shock everyone, considering the fact that they never do preorders. There were reports that some people were actually able to fill out 12-15 preorders using different accounts. The whole system was hectic and fueled by the need for PlayStation 3.

To clear up this mess, we at PS3Land were able to get a hold of a Bestbuy sales representative via their public number 888-BESTBUY. The man assured us that the whole preorder process was a system glitch. Informed us that Bestbuy does not do preorders and that everyone who was able to obtain a preorder on their site will not be receiving one and will be given a full refund. His answer comes as no surprise, considering Bestbuy's history of console launches and the lack of news that they would be taking preorders last night. To clear up the matter even further, the sales representative assured us that all participating Bestbuy outlets will be opening their doors on November 17 at 8 a.m. An employee will come around giving out PS3 tickets that correlate to the exact amount of PS3s their store holds. When a customer receives a ticket, he/she will be able to go inside the store and purchase a PS3. Does this process sound familiar?

PS3Land apologizes to anyone who had their hopes of getting a PS3 without having to wait in unbearably long lines. The PS3 will be hard to obtain due to the low number of units available on launch day. Good luck to all of those who will be camping out for a system, and happy PS3 hunting.

You don't have to take my word, or their word for it. I'm not forcing you to believe anything. I'm simply telling you to avoid keeping your hopes up too high.[/QUOTE]

Here's an idea, don't post bs stuff saying its confirmed.

I am sure a lot will be canceled and a lot will still get it but the 60gb ones are the only one i bet get canceled because people preordered the ps3 60gb when the site wasn't even complete. My guess but as a company you can't fucking make a glitch like that where it says pre order has all the info and price and shipping date and then say oh fuck we messed up

I think they will cancel the orders, It would be stupid of BB to let someone NOT make a customer walk the product gauntlet they already have planed in stores. Letting people buy units non-bundled online is a waste of PS3's as my favroite ninja would say "BELIEVE IT!"

[quote name='CounterSeal']http://www.ps3land.com/article-951.php

To clear up this mess, we at PS3Land were able to get a hold of a Bestbuy sales representative via their public number 888-BESTBUY. The man assured us that the whole preorder process was a system glitch.

[/quote]

LOL

I could see if they talked to corporate or something.

LOL

So, if I make a blog and say I talked to the CEO of BestBuy and he said he's giving away free PS3's to anyone who comes to his office on the 17th, does that make it legit...

Give me a break. PS3 Land is probably ran by some ITT students as a class project...

I'm pretty certain they'll be canceled as well, although I hope not. I'm also pretty certain that the PS3Land article is BS. They say that Best Buy doesn't have a history of taking pre-orders is a reason why it was a glitch. How the hell could it have been a glitch? Do glitches make up artwork, buttons, and descriptions saying "Pre-order now" all over the place? That is a crappy explanation. It may well have been a glitch that allowed people to actually order it, but that page's existence was no accident.

[quote name='SLOYAROLE']LOL

So, if I make a blog and say I talked to the CEO of BestBuy and he said he's giving away free PS3's to anyone who comes to his office on the 17th, does that make it legit...

Give me a break. PS3 Land is probably ran by some ITT students as a class project...[/QUOTE]

Seems thats how joystiq and Kotaku work. There is no such thing as true video game journalism.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Seems thats how joystiq and Kotaku work. There is no such thing as true video game journalism.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is, it's called Edge Magazine and we're unfortunate that we have to pay import prices for it in the US.

i preordered @ my store, so god willing i should have one even though im not working on launch day.

if it sucks i'll sell the bish or just suck it up and keep it.

bread's done
Back