How many pm'ed Hastings $100 GC at BB or CC for the PS3?

sonicradiation

CAGiversary!
I have not been extremely impressed with the PS3 so far but I could not resist getting one by pm'ing the $100 Hastings gift card offer in last week's ad at circuit city. The girl initially as the cs desk had to get approval and she did and no problems there - she was about to give me a $100 CC gift card so I asked her if it would be easier for her just to take it off the total price - which she did! Ended up paying $427 (+tax) for a 60GB ps3 and 5 free blue-ray movies. Now the inevitable spiral of death begins... I'll have to get an HD tv now and (possibly) a better sound system... and some games I like might be nice... what am I to do!! :whistle2:$

Did anyone else see this as a good oportunity to buy?

[quote name='sonicradiation']I have not been extremely impressed with the PS3 so far but I could not resist getting one by pm'ing the $100 Hastings gift card offer in last week's ad at circuit city. The girl initially as the cs desk had to get approval and she did and no problems there - she was about to give me a $100 CC gift card so I asked her if it would be easier for her just to take it off the total price - which she did! Ended up paying $427 (+tax) for a 60GB ps3 and 5 free blue-ray movies. Now the inevitable spiral of death begins... I'll have to get an HD tv now and (possibly) a better sound system... and some games I like might be nice... what am I to do!! :whistle2:$

Did anyone else see this as a good oportunity to buy?[/QUOTE]

most places wont pm a gift card. though i still think 500 bucks is way overpriced for a ps3 I would of went back and used the gift card to buy the 2 year warrenty cause your going to need it

From the CC Faq:

Q: When calculating your own price do you take into account mail-in rebates, "free with offers" or other promotional offers?
A: Yes, when calculating our own price, we will take into account all forms of savings available on the item, including mail-in rebates and other forms of deferred savings.

most places wont pm a gift card. though i still think 500 bucks is way overpriced for a ps3 I would of went back and used the gift card to buy the 2 year warrenty cause your going to need it

why would you say you need a 2 year warranty out of curiosity? i have yet to hear about ps3's failing...

[quote name='forgrim']why would you say you need a 2 year warranty out of curiosity? i have yet to hear about ps3's failing...[/QUOTE]

I buy the 2 year best buy warrenty so anytime in those 2 years you can take the system back if it fails for anyreason and get all the cash back

So just saying this happens

pay 500 bucks for a ps3 today

2009 they drop them to 199

if the system breaks best buy will give you 500 bucks so hell you could buy 2 ps3s

i know my psp just failed a little while back

Paid 200 bucks for it . picked up a new one for 169.99 and used the other 30 bucks for the 2 year warrenty on it

so whatever you pay best buy refunds that money instead of just giving a new system (UNLESS THEY CHANGED THEIR RULES, cause i know a lot of people tried to pull the

My gamecube broke so i can get the Wii for a 100 buck upgrade fee

(best buy gives the person a 150 buck gift card and they buy a Wii instead of another gc)

bread's done
Back