How many Steam games do you own?

Just got my new fios in! It's so nice I get 20mbps Down and 6mbps up. And DL things on steam up to 2mb/s but that cap whatever brings me down to about 900kbs. Sucky (WAY better than what I used to get though around 500kbs max).

You guys make me feel bad. :[

300kbs is usually my max download speed. 100kbs is more common, and a lot of time it is even slower then that.

Mass Effect

Savage 2: A Tortured Soul

Counter-Strike: Source

Reaxxion

Alien Shooter: Vengeance
Audiosurf
Condition Zero
Condition Zero Deleted Scenes

Counter-Strike
Dark Messiah Might and Magic Multi-Player

Dark Messiah Might and Magic Single Player
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat: Source
Deathmatch Classic Doom 2
FlatOut
Garry's Mod
Geometry Wars

Half-Life

Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Half-Life: Blue Shift

Half-Life: Source
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Left 4 Dead
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Master Levels of Doom
Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Opposing Force
Portal
Prey Ricochet
Rome: Total War Alexander
Rome: Total War Gold
SiN 1
SiN 1 Multiplayer
SiN Episodes: Emergence
Source SDK
Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress Classic
The Ship
The Ship Single Player

The Ship Tutorial

Ultimate Doom

51 games

Ya guys buy a lot of steam games. I hope they put Battle for Middle Earth on there... I've been trying to find it! But they only sell the BFME Trilogy at Best Buy and I already have #2. (I'm just missing the first disc of BFME1)

I own.. um... a LOT.

I counted the non-shortcut items in my list and there are 143. Some games have multiple entries, like Call of Juarez has a shortcut for the DX9 and the DX10 versions, and some games have multiplayer clients. But 143 items total.

I have no attachment to physical media. It needs to die.

I've maxed my connection speed on Steam since getting my FiOS, about 2.6MB/s, but normally it's in the 800KB/s - 1.5MB/s range.

edit: Oh, my Steam Community profile says 148. I must have miscounted somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Steam account now has 24 registered products (more if you count the individual games in the packages).

During the holiday sale, I added:

Unreal Deal [sold my Unreal Anthology to cover part of it]
Mount&Blade
Company of Heroes Gold
DarkStar One [sold my physical copy to cover most of the expense :D]
Bioshock
Painkiller Gold Edition
Civilization IV Complete Pack
Rome: Total War Complete Pack
Trials 2: Second Edition

[quote name='Sokkratez'] I have no attachment to physical media. It needs to die.[/quote]

Yeah, physical media is worthless now that PC games come in pissant DVD cases. If I'm gonna get PDF instructions, I might as well do it through Steam.

Steam may go tits up someday, but until then I'll enjoy the hell out of it :bouncy:

Pretty boring list thus far:

Half-Life 2
Team Fortress 2
X-COM: Apocalypse
X-COM: Enforcer
X-COM: Interceptor
X-COM: Terror From the Deep
X-COM: UFO Defense

Last edited by a moderator:
My mighty list of Steam games:

Bioshock
Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Dawn of War Gold
Dawn of War Gold: Winter Assault
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Day of Defeat: Source
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 Deathmatch
Half-Life 2 Lost Coast
Luxor 2
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Sid Meier's Civilization IV
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords

Sid Meier's Pirates!
Team Fortress 2
Trials 2: Second Edition
Unreal Tournament 3

My favs are bolded.

I haven't bought a single steam game, but I have everything that comes with the HL2 CE, Episode 1 and 2, Orange Box, and L4D.

$10 cheaper, and I get the box? Yes please.

I really didn't full appreciate steam until my last system rebuild. I installed steam in 1 minute and it was downloading all my games automagically... no swapping disks or entering keys.

I wish you could activate more things on steam after buying them in store.

[quote name='Kayden']I wish you could activate more things on steam after buying them in store.[/quote]

Empire Total War, FEAR 2, and DoW II will all use Steam activation.

Cheaper retail prices + Steam's convenience FTW

[quote name='Kayden']
I wish you could activate more things on steam after buying them in store.[/quote]
I would imagine that with the popularity of Steam, and most PC gamers not having major issues with Steam's DRM unlike other DRM issues, we'll see more games use Steam as DRM. Like Serik mentioned several major PC releases are using Steam as DRM, and Epic is going to require you to have Steam for the next major Unreal Tournament 3 update (and they will be giving you the ablilty to put your CD key into Steam, I already have).

I use Steam every day and have done so for many years, but I'd rather not see Steamworks become the defacto DRM scheme for PC games.

I'd prefer to have Steam as an option, not a requirement.

On a related note, Stardock's Brad Wardell talks about why he'd rather not see Steam as an only-option. (His company runs Impulse, so it's a thinly-veiled sales pitch, but he does bring up some good points.)

Isn't Stardock the company that made that absolutely fucking terrible DRM that would cripple systems when removed?

...Or was that StarForge?

Meh... Either way, Steam is better. I just installed Windows 7 and thought I'd have to reinstall my games. All I had to do was make a link to Steam on my desktop. All the games work fine.

Starforce. Stardock is actually all about zero DRM in their games. They don't even make you keep the Impulse client running while you play.

You say Steam is better when you probably haven't even tried it. It's a new competitor. Games are worth buying there when the price is right.

God, Farcry 2... it's so damn good. I wasn't really feeling it, but I played a bit more last night and had a blast. Dieing to play right now, but I gots to get some sleep!

bread's done
Back