How many times can a 360 be cooked ...

strikeratt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
This is going to be my 5th time this week to cook this box ... it's starting to get bad now I'm just waiting for my MW2 one to get in :D

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Why not repair it yourself? For under $20 you can fix it in under 2 hours and it will last a hell of a lot longer then the towel trick.[/QUOTE]

I would but it's under warranty still ... it just red ringed about a week ago and it only needs to last until Newegg sends in my Modern Warfare Edition.

Once that comes in I'll send this one out.

I didn't even have to towel mine. I just left it on for like 10 minutes, reset the console, and it was working again for as long as I left it on. I had to repeat the process whenever I left it turned off long enough for it to cool off.

[quote name='bs000']I didn't even have to towel mine. I just left it on for like 10 minutes, reset the console, and it was working again for as long as I left it on. I had to repeat the process whenever I left it turned off long enough for it to cool off.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll try this ... it's to the point where the towel won't even work

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Why not repair it yourself? For under $20 you can fix it in under 2 hours and it will last a hell of a lot longer then the towel trick.[/QUOTE]

How exactly would you go about doing that? My 360 is close to dying, I'm seeing all the signs. It's my 5th replacement and is out of warranty now. Fixing it myself would be better than paying Microsoft or some local guy from an ad to repair it.

I wound up being able to cook mine for about 20 times, the last two times were scary as crap, though.. With the machine freezing midgame and shutting off on me then refusing to turn back on.

I've seen on youtube some techniques like the X-clamp trick but it looks hard as hell. I'm getting to my 5th towel trick cook also and would like to know too if there is any easy way of getting this thing fixed?

The towel trick is just a very temporary solution that will never get the motherboard hot enough to permanently refuse the soldering. You're just wasting your time by doing it. Just bite the bullet and do the X-Clamp fix to start. Don't be overwhelmed by these youtube videos and pictures of gutted 360's, it's really simple to get the hang of taking them apart. Just grab a kit off Ebay or pick up the screws/washers/screwdriver for

[quote name='Grizzly Taint']The towel trick is just a very temporary solution that will never get the motherboard hot enough to permanently refuse the soldering. You're just wasting your time by doing it. Just bite the bullet and do the X-Clamp fix to start. Don't be overwhelmed by these youtube videos and pictures of gutted 360's, it's really simple to get the hang of taking them apart. Just grab a kit off Ebay or pick up the screws/washers/screwdriver for

[quote name='playing mantis']This will void the warranty, which the OP is avoiding until his MW2 Console comes in (which was today, unless there is a shipping delay).

Do not open the system if it is under warranty. Send it in, and immediately try to sell the replacement system when you get it back.[/QUOTE]

Aye I wouldn't open it due to being under warranty. I'd have no problem fixing it myself but why when I can just do it for free. System did come in ... love that I can pawn off this 20 gig hard drive now and have some HDMI lol

bread's done
Back