How many times has your 360 frozen?

cleaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
349 (100%)
I've had to to turn off my 360 five times so far: three times during Burnout loading screens, once when exiting NBA 2K6, and once in the middle of Halo 2. I wanted to see if this is the norm. I'm only counting when everything freezes and you can't exit to the dash.

Not at all until about 2 weeks ago. Then the flickering started (detailed elsewhere in the forum), and the freezing happened like half a dozen times in a 3-4 day span. Sent my coffin in this past week.

And the majority of mine was during the loading of Burnout as well.

Mine has only frozen 1 time-- but during that one time I lost my account from my HDD. Dunno why that was, but MS allowed me to create another (the one in my sig now) with 2 months free of Gold.

Considering I was new to the whole Live thing when it happened, it wasn't such a big deal.

This was during the Kvatch sequence in Oblivion

All of mine have come during Oblivion, but it happened at least 9 times over the 60+ hours I played it.

Mine only Freezes when playing Oblivion, guess the cache fills up and then it freezes. Havent had any problems playing any other games.

About 3 times, only when playing oblivion though I believe. However I don't think I've owned a system that uses optical media that hasn't froze up on me at least a couple times.

You know what might help more with these threads? If those people who have had problems and those that are fine started listing the build dates on 360s. Then we might start seeing some sort of pattern.

just once.

during the first couple weeks after launch I was playing PDZ, and it froze during the last battle of the game. it's been fine since.

Once during Halo 2 and once after attempting to return to the main menu of Chaos Theory after downloading content. Other than that it's been fine.

Twice. I pressed the guide button during an Oblivion load screen. I've done it a million times, but two of those times caused my console to freeze.

No worries.

I had one freeze in Kameo (while the game was saving, so I LOST my save file off it...but I was only 1/3 of the way through, so no biggie...). I've had about 4-5 loading screen freezes in Oblivion throughout the 25 or so hours I've played. And I think I've had one in COD2 somewhere along the line.

So, about 6 total.

I'd have mine freeze quite a few times. Most of them have been during Oblivion. I have had random freezes here and there among most of my other games but Oblivion blows them away. Of course I have also put the most time by far into Oblivion, something like 140 hours between my two characters.

mine froze all the time during Full Auto....Demo and Main Game......A few times in Oblivion but that is the cache issue....and during Battlefield after a few games. I had a flickering issue to but that seems to have went away. Full Auto is the only game to ever freeze no matter what but I play everything else religiously with minor issues. (Launch Day System)

A few times.

Several times in DOA4 when I hit the guide button. Well technically not a total freeze since other people could hear me and talk to me.

Once during Halo 2. Emulation sucks for it.

Once during the intro of Call of Duty 2 prior to the multiplayer patch. It was a known issue.

I had mine freeze on the dashboard for no reason once.

I logged 100+ hr. on FFXI beta.. no frezzing...

and FFXI final 30+ so far.. still no frezzing...

knock on wood... seem to be a software problem not hardware...

My 360 (launch console) has frozen around 5 times, most of the time when loading a saved file off the hard drive. I think a lot of the launch software or the current firmware has some glitches with loading stuff off the HD... So some freezes will be normal.

[quote name='Deadpool']4 times. All during Oblivion play, and all before i knew how to clear the cache.[/QUOTE]

Mine freezes every 10 hours or so during Oblivion. I havent researched how to clear the cache, but will now. Thanks for the tip!

A handful.. once during PD: Zero, the blade glitches during DOA4, once during GR:AW, and Far Cry doesn't work well on my system for some reason.. other than that, good stuff. Not too bad for a launch system, I suppose.

I threw in GRAW for the first time last night, and couldn’t get through the training level without my 360 crashing. After the third crash, I took deadpool’s advice and cleared the cache file. No problems since (knock wood). For a little while, I thought I was going to be posting in the “coffin support group” thread today.

only frozen during madden twice and I think it was the game that failed. both times it got stuck on one of those crappy camera angles of aisles around the stadium.

Chalk up another freezer for Oblivion. I have logged on about 20 hours and it has frozen up a couple of times. I always try to clear out cache before playing.

Mine's frozen a like 40 times, during loading times in oblivion probably 15 of those, and randomly in pretty much every other game I've played. But, I had no job for a while, so it's been used A LOT since launch.

Mine has frozen about 5 times. It's a launch console and most of the freezes(2-4 of them) were when I was playing Quake 4.

But a really weird thing happened last night when I was playing NFS:MW. I had finished a race with one of the Black List bosses and while on the "select the second race" menu, I click my dash board on to change the song I'm listening to, and all is well. That is until I go back to the game which kicks me back into the race I had just finished with like every trigger disabled and the start button not working. It was kinda weird, but really just a minor techincal snafoo with the game. Wasn't a big problem, I blow all those Black List bosses away any way.

[quote name='mmn']All of mine have come during Oblivion, but it happened at least 9 times over the 60+ hours I played it.[/quote]

Mine too, but only about 4 times in 63 hours, but I haven't even started the main quest yet after the Dungeon escape...everything else is fine!

About 1-2 times. One playing GTA:San Andreas, I dont remeber the other time it happened, but it did somewhere along the line.

i figure at least nine freezes, all on oblivion i have a build date in late october the 23rd i don't reallyw ant to take it out and look...

New 360 just froze up with the Tiger demo and then in Madden earlier. Not sure if it's buggy software, buggy hardware, or a mix of both though.

[quote name='mmn']All of mine have come during Oblivion, but it happened at least 9 times over the 60+ hours I played it.[/QUOTE]

ditto. I don't have the exact figures but my 360 definitely froze about 5-10 times on oblivion over the loony amount of time I've invested in it.

bread's done
Back