How many watchers have you had on one auction?

Bune

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
ebay-watchers.gif

it's for this auction:

I just can't believe how many watchers I'm getting. I used to like the function, looking at it as showing me potential buyers. Now I think it sucks because all it does is get my hopes up and dash them when the furious bidding war I'm expecting doesn't happen.

so what's the most # of watchers you've had for an auction?

So far I think the most was 17. I do enjoy that feature though. It's nice to know that people are at least watching it, that there is interest.

Right now I've got 17 watchers for my auction for my set of vintage Super Mario Brothers Wall stickers: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7512707491&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

I get about 20 watchers on each of my more unique auctions every week. I start all my auctions at $1, with no reserve, so that gets a lot of people watching them. Which means they get attached to my auctions, which sparks more bidding wars at the end (in their heads they're thinking, "I've been watching that item for a week! There's NO WAY I'm going to let someone else have it! It's MINE!")...So a lot of times, people end up paying a bit more than they intended to. With this technique, my items usually sell higher than similar ones on eBay...And nothing EVER goes for $1. By the end of the auction, there's too many people watching-- no one will let anyone else get a deal.

I've had in the 20s on things, can't remember if I've ever cracked 30 or not. The best is when you get some additional watchers on the last day/several hours. Higher chance they're actually going to be there to do the last second bid all watchers are contemplating :)

I'm selling it because I have my first tyke on the way and I need the money for that. :/ sad to see it go, but it's an exciting time for me so I'm not too hung up on it.

btw - only 3 hours to go!

bread's done
Back