How Microsoft Stole 50 Bucks from Me (or Are You There Peter Moore? It's Me Vincent)

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Well, a couple of weeks ago, I call to buy the extended warranty for my 360. The person on the other end of the phone was a foreign CSR (not trying to be racist, I am simply stating a fact). He honestly sounded as if he had never before used a computer....HE WORKS FOR MICROSOFT. Anyway he quotes me a price of $49.90 for the 2 year warranty. I give him my credit card number and he goest through the order process, sounding incredibly confused along the way. Finally after waiting a few minutes he says "oh, that doesn't look like it went through...can you give me the credit card info again?" Now at this point I KNOW I am going to get charged twice for this however after asking him several times he assures me I won't. Fast forward a few days and surprise, surprise there are two charges on my credit card account for $49.90.

Well I call up 1-800-4-MYXBOX thinking this will be a quickie no brainer fix, because it is obviously a double charge. I kid you not...got a CSR within 2 minutes and spent 50 minutes on the phone waiting while he tried to figure this out himself and then with a supervisor (meanwhile I am pushing back appointments while on hold). They assure me it will be taken care of. Log onto my CC account couple of weeks later and no refund. Call back and am on with 3 different CSRs and two supervisors over the course of one hour and 15 minutes. They tell me they can't find any duplicate charge and that I will have to mail my CC bill to them with a letter explaining what I think happened.

Pardon my language but F**K THAT!!!! I have already spent over two hours on the phone with these jackals trying to fix their freakin' mistake. I just call my credit card company to refute the charges which will be another big ordeal.

I realize my time is worth way more than the 50 bucks I am trying to get back, but ya know...at some point it isn't about the money. I am not gonna let these guys just flat out steal 50 dollars from me.

So if anybody from Microsoft frequents any of these boards, I would like to ask you...Should I have to spend more than 2 hours of my time (not to mention the time of people waiting to see me) because of the ineptitude of your employees. I want you to know this is plain and simply THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY 37 YEARS ON THIS PLANET. I can not see any way I would buy another Microsoft product of my own free will ever again. Is this what you want your customers to feel? Completely beat down after talking with your "Customer Service Representatives". OVER 50 DOLLARS?????

if anyone at MICROSOFT wants to contact me my email is: [email protected]

Guys sorry for the rant, but I'm tellin ya...Microsoft has taken all of the fight outta me....I am a beaten man.

Call your credit card company and have them do a chargeback. Its very simple to do. They will notice the double charge and take care of it.

Damn, you're angry. But it's understandable... unfortunately, bad CS is the way of the future -- outsourcing is an electronics manufacturer's best friend.

Oh, and chargebacks are always the answer.

So you didn't contact your credit card company?

Maybe I'm in the minority, but as soon as I see a problem...I'm on the phone with Visa...not whoever charged me incorrectly.

[quote name='dafoomie']Call your credit card company and have them do a chargeback. Its very simple to do. They will notice the double charge and take care of it.[/quote]

That's what I would have done right away.

[quote name='soonerdoc']

Guys sorry for the rant, but I'm tellin ya...Microsoft has taken all of the fight outta me....I am a beaten man.[/QUOTE]

Not to make fun of your situation and I'm sorry you got overcharged but that has to be the funniest thing I've read in a long time and I don't know why.

Back on topic, I would call your credit card company as suggested. Good luck!

[quote name='dafoomie']Call your credit card company and have them do a chargeback. Its very simple to do. They will notice the double charge and take care of it.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, that's the beauty behind using a credit card, get your money back fast and let someone else do all the work.

Gotta be the first person I've heard to complain about Microsoft's customer service in a good while. Maybe they were as confused as I am to why you didn't contact the credit card company for something faulty on your credit card?

If they can't speak English, I hang up and call back until I get someone that sounds like they know what they are doing. I'm tired of dealing with people who can't speak the language they are supposed to, but then think they have the right to get mad at ME if I get annoyed they can't do their job properly and ask to talk to someone else.

Yeah, your CC company should help...almost everyone at MS helpdesk has been nice too. I still do NOT have my warranty in hand for my 360....and they cannot send it to me. BUT, it should be in their records.

Speaking of the warranty, I noticed something odd - I did indeed get my warranty confirmation in the mail about 2 months back, but it was printed on a form that had the logo/info for the original XBox on it. I know the warranty is fine because it has my 360 serial on it, but you'd think they would have updated their forms by now.

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed off at douchebag MS myself. My Xbox 360 recently broke again, about a month ago, this being the second time in about 6 months. I was frustrated, but I figured they were still doing the overnight box thing and that didn't bother me too much.

This however wasn't the case, those assholes know they have a shoddy product and the person on the phone nonchalantly tells me it will be around 10 BUSINESS day return time. Now, had this been the first occurence I wouldn't have cared all that much, but these pieces of shit obviously aren't built very well, and they know it. Now some people may say that the consoles that break is a small percentage, but I have never in my life had one console break in the first year of owning it. Add that to the fact that I hardly play the damn thing, and I had a good reason to be pissed.

But it's back now so I hope this one lasts me more than 3 months and I can get my Uno fix.

[quote name='terribledeli']So you didn't contact your credit card company?

Maybe I'm in the minority, but as soon as I see a problem...I'm on the phone with Visa...not whoever charged me incorrectly.[/quote]

Me working for a company that deals with chargebacks... i hate when people do that.. i like when they contact the company to correct this.. obviously in the situation above.. there was nothing else to do..

Something similar happened to me when i was trying to cancel my xbox live account about 2 years ago. Everytime i would call them to cancel renewal my account i would get an answering machine. Finally, someone from microsoft called me back but only AFTER the date my account was automatically renewed.

The guy said he couldn't modify my account, that i was basically "stuck" with it for a year.

I wasn't too happy about it and asked what he could do so i'm an happy customer :p He then offered me a free game from a selection of platinum hits.

Got PGR2 for free... + a year of xbox live - not bad.

[quote name='soonerdoc']Now I realize my time is worth way more than the 50 bucks I am trying to get back[/QUOTE]
If you value your time that highly, perhaps you shouldn't be spending it posting on an internet message board where nothing will get resolved.

[quote name='radjago']If you value your time that highly, perhaps you shouldn't be spending it posting on an internet message board where nothing will get resolved.[/QUOTE]

Pfff.... logic is dumb.

[quote name='bil4ltool']But it's back now so I hope this one lasts me more than 3 months and I can get my Uno fix.[/QUOTE]

All that complaining for an UNO fix? You could just go to the store, buy some Uno cards for $3, and play with your friends in real life.

[quote name='dafoomie']Call your credit card company and have them do a chargeback. Its very simple to do. They will notice the double charge and take care of it.[/QUOTE]

as I said in my post...I did in fact call my credit card company to reverse the charge. I just thought I would try first with microsoft since it seemed like it would be a simple obvious reversal for them to do...don't know what i was thinking...

[quote name='radjago']If you value your time that highly, perhaps you shouldn't be spending it posting on an internet message board where nothing will get resolved.[/QUOTE]

well i really don't have work to do or people waiting to see me at 11:00 at night, soooooo that is not really much of an issue

here is the real deal....i honestly don't care about the money. i am much more concerned about them stealing $50 from someone that may really need it, or stealing someone's time because of their retarded employees. i am honestly hoping someone from microsoft sees this and goes "hmmm...i had no idea this kind of thing was happening with our customer service people". i know that isn't likely to happen but i heard something about peter moore seeing some guys xbox360 problem on an internet message board and contacting him...

They aren't STEALING. It was probably a simple mistake. They should be able to fix it...although, the helpdesk does NOT deal with warranty's.

I feel ya on that foreigner you had as a CSR. I had my own little experience late last week, As I called about my Live account, this syupid Hindi girl couldn't get it thru her thick skull that they were trying to charge a cancelled credit card for an extra year. She kept saying that there were no charges being shown on my account. As stupid as I know it was to say this, but I was like, "so you're basicly giving me a year free. which I'm not gonna complain if you do". She still didn't understand it all. Needless to say, I hung up and called back, this time got someone that nativly speaks English and gotten it all taken care of

I really feel for Bank of America employees. They've been told to train their Indian replacements for their job. If they refuse, BoA refuses to give them all they're pensions and shit. Man, fuck (!!!) this country...

[quote name='doubledown']They aren't STEALING. It was probably a simple mistake. They should be able to fix it...although, the helpdesk does NOT deal with warranty's.[/QUOTE]

yes double it was a simple mistake, and they SHOULD be able to fix it, but they can't...i am just letting my CC company take care of it....

lol I called monday to order a coffin for my Deadbox 360 and some white woman answered and was a real bitch....... My Skype cut out on me and I had to call back and I got a Mexican lady. She was SOOOOO much better than the white bitch it wasn't funny.

Bahhahaha...now that shizzle is funny! Couldnt be more true

NL2_400.jpg

I seriously hope you posted your complaint on major nelsons, blog, on xbox.com forums, you know, where they actually read and listen, or you have a chance of them doing so, or emailed thier customer service on xbox.com

I doubt anyone from microsoft is reading this here, and that this thread will resolve anything but useless flames and puns.

Gotta go load up the 360 and play doa4 now. ^_^

bread's done
Back