how much are these games worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rywateska']If you actually walked into a country club, your head would explode.[/QUOTE]
Likewise, so would theirs.

[quote name='depascal22']
EDIT -- Oh, and my quote and first two sentences were directed at IAmtheCheapestGamer. He's a guy that likes to rip games when he's only played them for 10 minutes. Alot of great company to have by your side, Eddie Belfour.[/quote]

Hmmmmm, dare I respond? I actually did play the GS copy of KOTOR for around an hour or two, I just WAY underestimated the time I spent on it and got flames for taking a virtual dump on your favorite game. You know, we don't all have to like the SAME games on here, right? And yes, I bought it from GS and used their no questions asked 7 day return policy to swap out for another game that I did play(whose name eludes me right now).

Honestly, can't we all just play games and not have a proverbial puppy every time someone critiques our 'favorite game' and says it sucks(insert colorful imagery here)?

I mean, I personally didn't like BG&E, KOTOR, ANY of the Final Fantasies. I don't doubt that they are great games with a strong following, but as for me, they weren't my cup of tea. But, they do have a following, though BG&E only got the niche following long after the game released it seems(much like Psychonauts).

Again, either way, like what you want, but build up your skin a lil thicker to take some criticism of your 'fave games'.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hmmmmm, dare I respond? I actually did play the GS copy of KOTOR for around an hour or two, I just WAY underestimated the time I spent on it and got flames for taking a virtual dump on your favorite game. You know, we don't all have to like the SAME games on here, right? And yes, I bought it from GS and used their no questions asked 7 day return policy to swap out for another game that I did play(whose name eludes me right now).

Honestly, can't we all just play games and not have a proverbial puppy every time someone critiques our 'favorite game' and says it sucks(insert colorful imagery here)?

I mean, I personally didn't like BG&E, KOTOR, ANY of the Final Fantasies. I don't doubt that they are great games with a strong following, but as for me, they weren't my cup of tea. But, they do have a following, though BG&E only got the niche following long after the game released it seems(much like Psychonauts).

Again, either way, like what you want, but build up your skin a lil thicker to take some criticism of your 'fave games'.[/quote]

Again, I never had a puppy with you hating on KOTOR. I just didn't like that you were bashing it while saying that you played it for 10 minutes. That seems to be a big difference. Then you made a thread asking people why they defend their favorite games. You act like a little bitch and anytime someone disagrees with you, they're either web thugging or trolling. That kind of attitude pisses me off and I said something about it. You have the right to hate KOTOR but don't go running your mouth off about it if you said you only played it for 10 minutes and now magically that turned into an "hour"

Eddie Belfour -- Good luck with your games and poker. Hopefully, you end up in the WSOP and win the godawful amount of money they give out at the end.

[quote name='depascal22']Look. If you want to show everyone how you have so much money but yet need to get rid of some rare games to pay bills, that's you. If you want to come up and make a thread asking a question while answering in the OP, prepare for a little ribbing. Obviously, you're not as well off as you want to be, so you're selling some games. Don't get all high and mighty when some people feel like jazzing you. This isn't constructive but neither is asking a question and then answering it before we get a chance. That's why you haven't gotten any answers for your liking. Oh and please don't pretend like you're some high and mighty poker stud when you're sitting here wondering if you should "mortgage the farm" i.e. get rid of rare games that you will never see again for reasonable prices.[/QUOTE]
HA! HA! HA! YOU GO BOY!

[quote name='guinaevere']You don't have a sealed copy of RE3 for the cube do you? That's the only one I need. Anyway, here's some results for you.
[/quote]
no i dont have that. used to, but got rid of it when the price was high. thank you for the information

i understand the reasons for the beefs in this thread, but honestly, people. its just stupid. my apologies to anyone i offended and i hope to bring back some good news as i think the games are currently being put on ebay. by my mother ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hmmmmm, dare I respond? I actually did play the GS copy of KOTOR for around an hour or two, I just WAY underestimated the time I spent on it and got flames for taking a virtual dump on your favorite game. You know, we don't all have to like the SAME games on here, right? And yes, I bought it from GS and used their no questions asked 7 day return policy to swap out for another game that I did play(whose name eludes me right now).

Again, either way, like what you want, but build up your skin a lil thicker to take some criticism of your 'fave games'.[/quote]

The funny thing is I didnt find KOTOR that appealing either. I liked some of the early Final Fantasy ones and the PSX ones but any of the PS2 FF's were overrated crap. Beyond Good and Evil was a snoozer for me as well. Ico and Shadow of the Collosus are other games that get constant praise but are nothing really special for me.

I think we can expect this thread to be locked pretty soon.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']thanks, fam. same to you in whatever you venture into.[/quote] Thanks man real talk. I wouldnt mind playing poker professionally like you. I'm not good enough right now but one day maybe.

I was the same way with betting on college football. I gave it all up when my daughter was born. It didn't help that the '01 season ripped me shreds before bowl season. That's why I responded like I did in my first post. My apologies if I came on too strong or acted too dickish, eddie belfour.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']Thanks man real talk. I wouldnt mind playing poker professionally like you. I'm not good enough right now but one day maybe.[/quote]

Read. Yeah, I know. Reading a poker book is about as much fun as eating glass, but honestly, this book is the first one you should get into. http://www.amazon.com/Harrington-Expert-Strategy-Limit-Tournaments/dp/1880685337

That helped me more than anything. after i used the moves he talked about in there, I picked up volume two, which worked wonders as well. He put out a third volume too, it's like a thick work bork. "Super System" by Doyle Brunson is one you should read as well.

The good thing about poker is you can always learn more. I've been playing about 6 years, 3 professionally. I wouldn't even call myself a pro, I don't make near enough to do that, but I aspire to get better everytime I play. I've had good and bad months. This month is bad. I'm so set on never touching the money I've saved that I've been abstaining from everything but poker lately, which is not a good thing at all.

Oh and make big folds. Fold JJ to a reraise. Fold AA to a board that's showing a straight or flush. It's hard to let monsters go, but in the end, big folds will let you understand what it's like turning your 25 bucks into 2400, for five hours of work. Feel free to keep in touch. If you want to play some play chips or on xbox live, I'd be down for that.

oh and play home games with players you are better than. Not even to win the money, because you won't win everytime out, but for the experience and seeing the textures of the boards.

[quote name='integralsmatic']playing poker online is quite hard and quite a gamble....from my experience its more about how you bet and there are a large amount of call stations out t here. i like to play poker live and its as much or even more intense than online. Poker shouldnt be used to make a total income unless you can handle losses. I cant remember who said it but its one line ill never forgot.

"your not a gambler if you dont lose"

my point is that poker is still a form of gambling and luck has a huge amount to do with it. you may have won alot in those months but if you reach a nasty cold streak...you could be in some serious money trouble. I stopped playing poker because i didnt want to risk any more of my winnings and i wanted to put all my time in to my studies. I hope this gives some insight on poker and the risks involved. its not what you just see on the WSOP....if people take this game too far it can bankrupt them or make them look like a superstar.
[/quote]

i agree 100 percent with what you are saying. i lost with 4 10s to runner runner AA to a guy who couldnt make a big fold. needless to say, the calling stations are a problem. I've seen the craziest things. FLop the nut flush, only to have some dink call you with an inside straight flush draw. one card beats you. the five of hearts and bam. there it is.

I think a lot of it has to do with what they see on tv. You are only seeing the "television" hands. All the chips go in and bam, it's magic. They don't show the thousands of hands being folded between them.

I hope i don't go bankrupt. I want to be a superstar. It's not worth it though if my lady wants a man who has a job that will get her a house and kids. PLaying as a pastime comes soon, just too much money to be made now as a college student.

Finished just out of the dough on a "setup" hand yesterday. I can feel it coming on.

[quote name='depascal22']I was the same way with betting on college football. I gave it all up when my daughter was born. It didn't help that the '01 season ripped me shreds before bowl season. That's why I responded like I did in my first post. My apologies if I came on too strong or acted too dickish, eddie belfour.[/quote]

No problem, brother. It's all good. I don't know why I would respond with angst, makes no sense, however, I wish you the best and happy belated father's day.

Anyone need a hug?:cool:

I must say, good luck selling the games. You are one lucking guy for being able to play poker well and not having to work. Heck, I thought I was looking working only 2 days a week. But please guy, clean up your grammer its worse then mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back