How much are these Pokemon DS games worth?

Dark Lord Greg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Pokemon Soul Silver
Pokemon Platinum Version
Pokemon Diamond Version

all are in like new condition but only have the games no case or manuals. How much do you think I can get for them?

It really depends on where you plan on selling them. For places like BB or GS probably $9-$11. eBay you might get $15-$20 at most but you factor in the fees and shipping, you will most likely end up around the same prices BB or GS gives.

[quote name='htz']It really depends on where you plan on selling them. For places like BB or GS probably $9-$11. eBay you might get $15-$20 at most but you factor in the fees and shipping, you will most likely end up around the same prices BB or GS gives.[/QUOTE]

I'm selling them on craigslist, Amazon was giving me $25 total. I looked at the used prices on Amazon for just the cartridges and put a $65 OBO price

Sell your games through Amazon. It is fairly easy to do so, even if you've never done so before. You would receive more if you take this route. Remember this, cash is always better than credit from a game store... especially Gamestop since their prices are substantially inflated.

Fees and shipping aren't that bad despite what one of the previous posters said. On Amazon you are charged with a 15% referral fee for video games. In addition to that, individual sellers are charged a $0.99 fee each item they sell. Last but not least, shipping fees usually range from $1.50-$3.00 depending on how much the object you are shipping weighs (I suggest First Class Shipping). You wouldn't have to worry about this since you would be shipping cartridges which weigh next to nothing and as such shipping costs would be low. What is great is that Amazon reimburses you $3.99 for shipping. Only pitfall I can think of is that you would have to sell the games individually, which isn't all that big of a problem in and of itself.

Here's what you would get if you sold it on Amazon after fees and shipping (if your prices match the lowest price of the other sellers)

* Pokemon Platinum ~$22
* Pokemon Diamond ~$13
* Pokemon Soul Silver ~$19

You would end up getting ~$54, not too shabby. Generally speaking, in my experience games sell much better on Amazon than on Craigslist.

To be honest, if you do sell them on craigslist, you may want to lower your asking price since it is relatively high considering the demographic you are trying to appeal to. I'd say that you would have better results if you asked $40-$50. I've dealt with countless people on craigslist and what I've found is that these people want a DEAL, not to pay retail for a used item. No offense, but those games are relatively old and as a result it's going to be all the more difficult selling them especially on craigslist.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']all are in like new condition but only have the games no case or manuals.[/QUOTE]

Then it's not "like new" condition.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Sell your games through Amazon. It is fairly easy to do so, even if you've never done so before. You would receive more if you take this route. Remember this, cash is always better than credit from a game store... especially Gamestop since their prices are substantially inflated.

Fees and shipping aren't that bad despite what one of the previous posters said. On Amazon you are charged with a 15% referral fee for video games. In addition to that, individual sellers are charged a $0.99 fee each item they sell. Last but not least, shipping fees usually range from $1.50-$3.00 depending on how much the object you are shipping weighs (I suggest First Class Shipping). You wouldn't have to worry about this since you would be shipping cartridges which weigh next to nothing and as such shipping costs would be low. What is great is that Amazon reimburses you $3.99 for shipping. Only pitfall I can think of is that you would have to sell the games individually, which isn't all that big of a problem in and of itself.

Here's what you would get if you sold it on Amazon after fees and shipping (if your prices match the lowest price of the other sellers)

* Pokemon Platinum ~$22
* Pokemon Diamond ~$13
* Pokemon Soul Silver ~$19

You would end up getting ~$54, not too shabby. Generally speaking, in my experience games sell much better on Amazon than on Craigslist.

To be honest, if you do sell them on craigslist, you may want to lower your asking price since it is relatively high considering the demographic you are trying to appeal to. I'd say that you would have better results if you asked $40-$50. I've dealt with countless people on craigslist and what I've found is that these people want a DEAL, not to pay retail for a used item. No offense, but those games are relatively old and as a result it's going to be all the more difficult selling them especially on craigslist.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I will consider putting them on Amazon if they don't sell by Monday, I put $65 but am realistically hoping to get like $50

[quote name='blindinglights']Then it's not "like new" condition.[/QUOTE]

well yeah I mean the actual cartridges, they have no marks or scratches or any damage to the cover stickers

bread's done
Back