How much are YOU getting from your tax-return?

Hopefully, if I did my math right last year, I'll be getting nothing. I don't like the idea of the government getting a free loan from me.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Hopefully, if I did my math right last year, I'll be getting nothing. I don't like the idea of the government getting a free loan from me.[/quote]

Agree completely. Too many people don't understand this.

[quote name='hulk409'][quote name='JimmieMac']Hopefully, if I did my math right last year, I'll be getting nothing. I don't like the idea of the government getting a free loan from me.[/quote]

Agree completely. Too many people don't understand this.[/quote]

I agree..but i'd rather get a bit more than have to pay.

hey I have a small question, ok i havent had a job yet even though I am 18. Im being hired at walgreens sometime next week. Would any income count for this year taxes or would I have to do taxes before april and count it for that?

Tax return? What are these taxes of which you speak? Seriously, though... I work for store credit, so I don't have any taxes to file...

[quote name='Dustwalker14']hey I have a small question, ok i havent had a job yet even though I am 18. Im being hired at walgreens sometime next week. Would any income count for this year taxes or would I have to do taxes before april and count it for that?[/quote]

The income that you earn in 2005 will be reported on your 2005 taxes which will be due on April 15 2006.

[quote name='js1']about 5000+ and it will be put all on bills :([/quote]

I sure could put that to good use....

Just a thought. :wink:

me and the wife are still waiting for our W2's. I expect a couple of grand and most of it will go to bills. Maybe a couple of bucks on some cheap ass games.

I'm expecting around $1800 or so.

I keep as much as I can of my own money. It's better to get next to nothing back in taxes since you're basically giving Uncle Sam an interest free loan till you figure out how much he ows you back...

It helps that I have 3 kids and a home too...

[quote name='The Gifuto']$1572 from the Feds. Good-bye credit card and Perkin's Loan.

$60 from state. Hello RE4 and dinner at Quiznos.[/quote]

Good attitude on what to do with the money.

[quote name='nikkai']Sounds like most people here are smart and take 0 allowances[/quote]

But you don't want to owe too much and get hit with a penalty. As long as you owe less than $1K I believe you are okay. (There are a few other exceptions as well.)

bread's done
Back