How much could i get for my PS3?

sportsmaniac095

CAG Veteran
NIB 40gb PS3, extra nib wireless PS3 NFL controller, and like new copy of Battlefield: Bad Company. What should i put the buy it now at??(i was thinking 375-399) If i decide to make it an auction then what should i start it at??( i was thinking like 359.99) Thanks!

[quote name='QiG']I'd start it at a penny and hope for ~$300-325 for the package.[/quote]
??

It's brand new. A new 40GB alone is $400. He should be able to get at least that for the system, game and controller.

One more suggestion, threads become more appealing when the appropriate letters are capitalized.

As far as the PS3 goes, never start high, at most start with 150$ and work your way up. Buy it now should be 300-350......never expect to get very close to retail online. My suggestion, based on location, would be CraigsList, because if it's populated enough (your area) people would pay 400-415 for it, in which case I would put 400 on it and if the person is interested enough, go for 415 (saying that someone just said 410) and then that would be good. If they want to back out after that statement, say the other buyer went back on it's deal and that its 400 again.

With that said, why give up a new 400 dollar ps3 in the first place? Gift? Purchase but past the 30 day limit? It just doesn't make too much sense to me.

From experience with Craigslist, I know that most people who look for stuff on Craigslist want to look for deals. Putting up a system with an extra controller and a like new(why is the game only like new, when the system is supposedly new in box?)game for close to retail for the package is just asking for it to be flagged or just plain old ignored.

If the OP gets more than $275 for all of it, they'd be lucky. As Filler2001 said, unless the system is past the return date, I'd simply return it and be done with it.

Plus, the fact that the controller is a third party versus a first party means that it's not even worth it's normal retail price in many people's eyes.

Anyway, like I said, $275 would be about what I'd expect to get for a PS3 on Craigslist due to haggling and offers and counter offers.

I tend to forget that there are a lot of stupid people on ebay, but things *usually* stay close to market price. You can't expect retail for several reasons including no receipt for warranty work, the 80gb model will be $399 soon if not already, and shipping will at least match sales tax in most areas.. so it's not a deal to get it on ebay @ retail at all.

bread's done
Back