How much could I sell my SNES collection for?

AppleQueso

CAG Veteran
This isn't an advertisement or anything, I'm needing some cash right now and I'm just kinda wondering if anyone here can help me get a good ballpark on how much I can reasonably ask for my SNES collection.

My collection:
Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Final Fantasy III
Kirby Super Star
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Star Fox
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls N' Ghosts
Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG
Super Metroid
Yoshi's Island

videogamepricecharts.com gave me a total estimated worth of around $300. I was considering using craigslist and asking for around $250 with a note that I'd be willing to take offers. Would that be reasonable to ask, or should I price it lower? Anybody have any advice here, I've never sold anything of mine in this manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually sold quite a few of these on ebay lately, so I can post the general prices I got for them if it helps:

Chrono Trigger - ???
Donkey Kong Country - $5
Donkey Kong Country 2 - $10
Final Fantasy III - $35
Kirby Super Star - ???
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past $13(probably more like $10, I had two of these at $13 each, one sold, the other didn't until I knocked it down to $10)
Star Fox - $5
Super Castlevania IV - ???
Super Ghouls N' Ghosts - ??? (had a copy, but sold it with an SNES so I can't really gauge a good price)
Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World - ???(I believe it goes for around $30)
Super Mario Kart - $15
Super Mario RPG - $30
Super Metroid - $20
Yoshi's Island - $20

Granted, I prefer getting the games out the door quickly over making more money, so I tend to price a bit lower than others, but since you're selling as a lot it would probably be better to skew lower anyways.

All in all, I would say $250 is a pretty fair price, it would be great if you could get $300 though. The major kink here is craigslist though, I'm not sure if you'll be able to get more than $200 on there. I know you say you need fast cash, but I think you should try throwing it up on ebay just to see.

[quote name='dan13l858']Loose carts, yeah expect no more than 140 dollars for everything.[/quote]

especially on craigslist which is full of scammers, lowballers and timewasters!

*Your better off selling individually or sell as a lot on Ebay and the price you are asking sounds resonable. I wouldn't take any less than $200 for it though.

Good Luck

If I were actually in the market for loose carts, $100-150 would be my market for it.

Complete, or even with just the manuals would double that, at least.

Ah, I had a feeling I was a bit overly optimistic in that price. Ebay isn't currently an option for me, but thanks very much for the info.

bread's done
Back