How much do YOU charge for shipping?

I charge actual cost if I charge a separate shipping charge at all.

If I'm trading/selling here I'll just include it in the price.

I never charge extra, but I would usually count it at around $2, depending on where it goes. I try not to be an asshat about it...

$3.00 for 1st class with delivery confirmation.

I try not to overcharge on shipping that much, usually the cost of postage, the cost of the bubble mailer and around $0.40 extra handling (which I don't think is unreasonable considering all the sellers charging $5 - $7 to ship a game)

Usually $3-5 for first class w/ delivery confirmation. I know, I know. I'm a bastard, but let's look at this:

First class shipping: $1.90 usally, charges seem to jump around at my PO..

Delivery Confirmation: $0.45

Package: $1.00

So, actually I'm losing out if I only charge $3. It really depends on how honest I'm feeling, or how badly I want to sell it.......... And how much I can get my bubble packing for at that time!

So, yeah. Most of the time I hit the assholes up for at least $4.00.

a cd in a normal size jewel case: $3.50
dvd case or a t-shirt: $4.00

these are first class with delivery confirmation with a bubble mailer or jiffy padded mailer (depending on which type i have). insurance is extra.

For a standard game if I don't need to buy anything else to ship it then 3, if I know i'm going to need a bigger envelope or something then 5.

I always charge $3 to ship it first class, with an extra $1.30 required for insurance, so there's no funny business. ;)
I think that's reasonable, since I always have to buy bubble mailers to ship games in. :)

I only ship Priority, so about $4 usually. Now that I had to upgrade to a premier PayPal account though, I'll probably Bump it up to $5 for Priority. I'm not feeling the whole 2.9%. Thanks Paypal. At anyrate, I still think that's not a bad price for Priority shipping in a nice box with a DC. Better than the $7.95 I see people charge.

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']i usualy charge around $65.00 or so.. depending on weight.. here is one of my auctions!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8126741686&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

(ok, kidding, i charge like 3 bucks, but this son of a bitch is pissing me of.. 65 shipping fee.. i reported it to ebay)[/quote]

all of their auctions are like that. it's so they can avoid ebay charges, but it's really, really stupid. i am almost tempted to report it, but the truth is that i don't care enough.

:D :D Save money on delivery confirmation download Shipping Assistant from the USPS . This program prints label and delivery confirmation . Delivery confirmation costs about .15 .
Very cool program. :D

On ebay, i've been charging 5 bucks flat for priority mail with delivery confirmation. insurance additional if desired.
otherwise, 2-3 bucks for first class, usually including DC. For one or two items, First Class is cheaper than, or not much more expensive than, Media Mail, and gets there quicker.
Anyone else have your PO tell you video games don't count as 'media'? last time I sent something [priority, so it didn't matter to me], there was someone in the PO sending Media Mail, and the clerk specifically asked 'It's not a video game or game cartridge, is it?'

You can print Priority mail postage labels, including free Delivery Confirmation, from the USPS Click/n/ship website. The labels print on regular 8.5x11 paper. No need to download anything, it's an on-demand service. Plan ahead, and order priority mail boxes and tape for FREE from USPS.com as well. [I've got more boxes than I'll ever use, but I use them only for shipping Priority, so I don't feel guilty about it.]

i used to like Stamps.com when I was selling a lot on Half.com, but they went up from 1.99 a month [I would pay that] to like 14.99 a month [I would NOT pay that.] Plus postage costs of course. it was quite convenient, you could print postage and mailing/return addresses right from your own printer, and they'd get there quicker. But a 653% price increase was too rich for my blood.

[quote name='rajchakrabarti'][quote name='deathcabforcutie']i usualy charge around $65.00 or so.. depending on weight.. here is one of my auctions!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8126741686&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

(ok, kidding, i charge like 3 bucks, but this son of a bitch is pissing me of.. 65 shipping fee.. i reported it to ebay)[/quote]

at least they aren't shady about it,, and tell you up front...... even though its still stupid...[/quote]

Looks like that auction was pulled. Nice job! Myself, I generally charge $3.00 for first-class postal, although I offer the option of upgrading to priority. No one ever upgrades to priority.

[quote name='evilmregg'][quote name='rajchakrabarti'][quote name='deathcabforcutie']i usualy charge around $65.00 or so.. depending on weight.. here is one of my auctions!

at least they aren't shady about it,, and tell you up front...... even though its still stupid...[/quote]

Looks like that auction was pulled. Nice job! Myself, I generally charge $3.00 for first-class postal, although I offer the option of upgrading to priority. No one ever upgrades to priority.[/quote]

Yes indeed, good job. If i catch those I do try to report them.

I used to offer two shipment methods, but no one ever upgraded and it seemed to add an additional layer of complexity and 'back and forth'. That's also why I don't do 'actual shipping' on most items, just easier to say X bucks flat.

yes.. i was very proud! ebay usualy doesnt do MUCH to anyone unless they see its them losing money.. but when that happens.. they tend to unleash their wrath.. :)

bread's done
Back