How much does GS/EB give for a USED 360 hard drive?

keyweez360

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
i might upgrade, so i wanna see if anyone knows how much GS/EB offer for a USED 20gb 360 hard drive.

any info is appreciated.

thanks

man the easy answers always seem to slip my mind. cant believe i didnt call them. i will though in the morning. responses until then are still appreciated.

I believe it's $20, from the last CAG I knew who traded one in. Either $20 or $25. They turn around and sell it for $80.

I sold mine on here for $55 shipped, and it worked out well for me and the other CAG who bought it.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']why don't you call your local GS/EB?
You get more money if you sell it on ebay.[/quote]They don't give you prices over the phone anymore

You're kidding?! So they can fucking lowball people even further in person so that people will take 75 cents (store credit only!) for their used PS2 because they'll be too embarrassed to take it back out the door?

GRRR that pisses me off.
/rant

On a side note, they quoted me on the phone for a used Gamecube a few weeks ago ($10, screw that). This is some new policy then?

Yup, you're usually always going to get screwed with trade-ins, it's nothing new.

I'll reiterate what everyone else has already said, trade it here or sell it on eBay. I'd opt for trading it here for around $55.00 like shrike as you get more than twice what you would get from Gamestop and you're helping out a CAG in the process.

[quote name='davo1224']Damn that $20 trade in sale really fucked the trade-in value on the GC.[/quote]That was DURING the $20 trade in sale. I was expecting to get $40-$50 with the bonus. Silly me. So it would have been $10 + $20 bonus. In retrospect, $30 seems OK considering that their used systems sell for $49... maybe I should have jumped on it just for convenience. (Oh wait, that's the same logic they use to snare people into trading their games for pennies in the first place.)

Oh well, there's always eBay.

Still, $10 trade in credit (not cash!) for a 'Cube seems very depressing.

[quote name='cranguy']You're kidding?! So they can fucking lowball people even further in person so that people will take 75 cents (store credit only!) for their used PS2 because they'll be too embarrassed to take it back out the door?

GRRR that pisses me off.
/rant

On a side note, they quoted me on the phone for a used Gamecube a few weeks ago ($10, screw that). This is some new policy then?[/quote]

LOL I've noticed myself recently kinda waiting and hovering like a buzzard to try and swoop down and offer people 50-100% more than GS offers them for games and systems while I'm looking around their stores.

I laugh because I've only ever outoffered maybe 2 times, one at an indy shop(for a PS2 memory card I later on LOST :whistle2:X, glad I only paid $5 for it) and once at a GS(NGB and Stubbs for $15, when their combined was like $9, both complete no less).

Mind you, the ONE time I should've JUMPED at the chance to offer someone like $5 a game at a GS was when someone brought in Chrono Cross and a bunch of harder to find PS1 games and was told 'we no longer take those'.

The person stormed out in a huff and I was gonna run out n offer them X amount for all the games, but I was too damned slow. :whistle2:X

Thing is, they were all complete and mint, as I heard the clerks mention it before telling them that they don't take them anymore.

Oh and Cranguy, I'm not embarassed by being fuckin smart and picking my shit up and leaving that ass raping store post haste, which is why I usually LOVE FYE's trade values, since they don't usually try to make me feel like they're 'doing me a favor by assraping me on trade values'.

bread's done
Back