How much does PayPal charge for credit card?

nintendokid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I'm selling some stuff and I want to allow credit card charges through PayPal. What's the % PayPal charges so I can notify people ahead of time in the description that there will be a (blank)% charge for credit cards through payPal? Thanks.

Provide a link would be better.

it's pretty rare for you, as a seller, to pass on the paypal expense to the buyer. Also, Paypal / Ebay doesn't provide a nice way for you to collect this... so your not going to be able to have a Buy it Now feature and you are going to have to communicate with the buyer after the auction's end to see how they plan to pay so that you can invoice them with the correct amount.

All in all it's going to be a major pain in the butt for both you and the buyer.

The best way is to build the expense into your shipping charge.

[quote name='nintendokid']I'm selling some stuff and I want to allow credit card charges through PayPal. What's the % PayPal charges so I can notify people ahead of time in the description that there will be a (blank)% charge for credit cards through payPal? Thanks.

Provide a link would be better.[/QUOTE]

If you write that, your auction might get pulled. It's against the Paypal user agreement to charge extra for Paypal transactions.

Heres the thing, after you upgrade your account so that you can accept credit card payments, you'll still be charged a fee for funded paypal accounts. So any form of payment with PP will result in some fee.

[quote name='Link927']Heres the thing, after you upgrade your account so that you can accept credit card payments, you'll still be charged a fee for funded paypal accounts. So any form of payment with PP will result in some fee.[/quote]

Gotta love that policy. Where have the days gone where the account was free and unlimited and paid you 5 bucks for every sign up?

You could make a seperate account for credit card transactions but it almost always turns into a hassle. If this is ebay we are talking about you can expect alot of hand holding just to get your payment.

Nevermind. I thought that if people paid with a credit card instead of check card, there would be an additional charge. I'm speaking out of my ass, just ignore me *mur mur*

bread's done
Back