How much $$ has CAG saved you??

ROB64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I don't have that much to spend, so I've only saved roughly $200 from the deals people have posted on here, lowballs, etc, etc... (calculated based on gameshares and retail game prices)

So I was just wondering, how much has everyone saved (rough estimate) from the deals you've found here on CheapAssGamer?

[quote name='ryosnk']For me it's how much money cag had made me waste! [/QUOTE]

Hear, hear.

I've saved a lot of money on video games and DVDs since joining CAG just three months ago. But on the flip side, I've purchased twice as many video games than I have throughout 2010 in the first month alone.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Hear, hear.

I've saved a lot of money on video games and DVDs since joining CAG just three months ago. But on the flip side, I've purchased twice as many video games than I have throughout 2010 in the first month alone.[/QUOTE]
Yeah this.

[quote name='ryosnk']For me it's how much money cag had made me waste! [/QUOTE]

:grouphug: Joins the multiples that was going to say this!!!

Over almost 7 1/2 years, probably a few thousand dollars if you go with full retail prices especially when some single item purchases saved me over $100 like getting Rockband 1 Special Edition for PS3 at KMart for $15 when the MSRP at the time was $149.99

Last year? TONS.
- I didn't spend as much last year, but I got a shit ton of games in the process.

This year? Not so much.
- I've already spent 4 times what I've spent in 6 months last year, and we're not even through March yet. Granted, this includes saving $105 on a 320 GB PS3 bundle via Amazon Warehouse Deals, but this also put me in blu-ray buying mood, as well as a bunch of other stuff that I *really* don't need.

HAHA, exactly. It's hard to tell if I've actually saved any money over the last few years, but I do know that CAG has made me stretch my dollar really damn far.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Probably hasn't SAVED any, but I have gotten much more for the same amount for sure.[/QUOTE]

This.

Savings comes and goes though. Due to saving money on games, then stockpiling a huge backlog, I haven't bought a new game in the past 3 months. Because of this backlog, I won't buy a game unless it's under $10 and even then it has to be something that I really want. I have too many un-played games to justify purchasing more at this point.

lol
i think we all have huge backlogs thx to CAG
not that im complaining, ive spent more because of CAG and would have it no other way. i lov CAG and they have saved me tons.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Probably hasn't SAVED any, but I have gotten much more for the same amount for sure.[/QUOTE]

Same here; well said.

i've saved a lot, makes me feel bad for the mom's going to walmart and buying their kid a 60 dollar game every few weeks...

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Over almost 7 1/2 years, probably a few thousand dollars if you go with full retail prices especially when some single item purchases saved me over $100 like getting Rockband 1 Special Edition for PS3 at KMart for $15 when the MSRP at the time was $149.99[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine a few thousand for me too now especially if you count purchasing every game at full retail price. I have purchased a ton of games that were originally $50 for $5 or less and many $30 games for $5. Most of the time games at retail at least here don't go lower than 14.99 or 19.99 so even if I am buying games at those price points for around $5-7 and then reselling them after I play I am either playing for free (and possibly making a little) or saving at least a few hundred per year.

this.

but i were to buy games anyway without checking cag first, then probably i saved over $200?

I think the real question should be, how much has CAG cost me? I didn't buy as many games as I do now that I am an active member of the CAG community, do I save money? Yes, but I am spending more than I normally would otherwise.

[quote name='Jabrim']I think the real question should be, how much has CAG cost me? I didn't buy as many games as I do now that I am an active member of the CAG community, do I save money? Yes, but I am spending more than I normally would otherwise.[/QUOTE]

you make it sound like you have to give up something :p when you said "how much has CAG cost me?" you get something in return. :)

I definitely spend MORE money on games since discovering CAG. But I also get alot more for my gaming dollar.

I found CAG during the PS2 days. When I discovered this site I had about 20 PS2 games and probably paid $50+ tax for every one of them.

A couple years later and I have over 200 PS2 games, and probably spent around $10-20 each for them.

So in summary I'm glad I found this site and my wife is not.

Well I was always a CaG even before this site. However, it has still saved me a ton. I probally do spend almost as much overall on games and just buy more, but still...

I'm with the group that spends way more after CAG. Before I never bought a game until I was done with the one I was playing. Now my backlog is pretty high up there, and I know I won't be touching some games for months.

No idea. Sometimes I find deals before they appear here, and others I just learn of in advance and then see in the weekend ads. In terms of how much I'd be afraid to calculate all I've spent over the years. And though I'm pretty good at remembering where I bought a game, I don't always recall the sale that goes with it.

bread's done
Back