How much I have saved since becoming a CAGer.

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!
My sister was hogging the Gamecube and I was waiting for her to finish (I rue the day that I bought her The Sims from the CC sale!!!) so I estimated how much I spent on Gamecube games with my trusty calculator (anyone else remember the prices of every game they ever bought :D???). I'm less a collector and more a player but the total still came out to about $450. Whoa! I mean, WHOA! That may not seem like a lot to most of you other CAGers, but to a college bound high schooler with no job, that is a fortune.

To put things in perspective, I estimated my far smaller amount of N64 games and I did a double take. The total was about $650 with a little less than half the amount of games (Damn $70 Donkey Kong 64!!!). All I can say is thank you cheapassgamer.com and maybe I should stop buying games. Well after Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 2, Tales of Symphonia, Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow, Starcraft : Ghost, and Paper Mario 2, I will definitely stop. DEFINITELY :D .

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Well after Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 2, Tales of Symphonia, Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow, Starcraft : Ghost, and Paper Mario 2, I will definitely stop. DEFINITELY :D .[/quote]

Sure. :wink:

[quote name='DigitalSpace'][quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Well after Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 2, Tales of Symphonia, Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow, Starcraft : Ghost, and Paper Mario 2, I will definitely stop. DEFINITELY :D .[/quote]

Sure. :wink:[/quote]

Seconded. It becomes an addiction. Just deal... lol.

A lot, but seriously probably a few thousand dollars. Thanks CAG, you've made me a happy man :D. HAhahahahahahah, sure man you'll stop that is one of the funniest things i have heard, great joke.

Ask yourself how many of the games wouldve you bought if cheapassgamer wasnt around. The answer most likely wouldve have been less games and less money spent on games. I know some deals found on this website induced me to purchase a game i would never had bought.
So is cheapassgamer really saving you money???????

this place in fact makes me go and spend more than i would. its called lack of self control. always been a problem for me, so its not surprising. i'd say this site costs me $100 or so a month on stuff i wouldnt normally get.

[quote name='Ganon00']Ask yourself how many of the games wouldve you bought if cheapassgamer wasnt around. The answer most likely wouldve have been less games and less money spent on games. I know some deals found on this website induced me to purchase a game i would never had bought.
So is cheapassgamer really saving you money???????[/quote]

I agree 100 percent

[quote name='Ganon00']Ask yourself how many of the games wouldve you bought if cheapassgamer wasnt around. The answer most likely wouldve have been less games and less money spent on games. I know some deals found on this website induced me to purchase a game i would never had bought.

When I saw this thread, that was exactly what I was planning to post more or less.

Keep telling yourself you've saved money, SoulEdge... denial is always the first step. :)

EDIT: On a side note, just in the past 2 days I've bought $40 worth of games I had already, over $100 on CC games (only $35 directly from CC) and am tempted to buy a GBA game because I'm getting impatient waiting for a TGN trade to finish. The crazy thing is that most CAGs don't even blink an eye spending that much. heh

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII'](anyone else remember the prices of every game they ever bought :D??? .[/quote]

Not only do I remember the prices, but also where and when I got them. I'm sorta like Rainman. Hard to do with almost 300 games.

Of course it is. All of the games that I have bought I will play eventually. I'm not a compulsive buyer. Just finding out about the CC sale saved a ton as I was able to get many games that I wanted for the magical price of $4.99.

It's a double-edged sword. I am buying more games than I normally would, but I am probably spending the same total amount of $$ for 10 games that I would have spent on 5 at full price.

bread's done
Back