How much improved are the Rock Band 2 drums over rb1's?

I recently got the RB2 kit, and I never owned RB1. My buddy, who is like a RB1 drum master (and he's an actual drummer to boot), came over to help me break it in (and download the RB1 songs for 5 bucks:applause:). After our 3 hour or so 'set', he was in love with them.

He said the bass pedal is MUCH more sturdier, and the drums themselves are much more quieter and have more of a bounce to them. The bonus kicker was that it was wireless. He was sold on them so much, he got his girlfriend to get them for him for Christmas, and I just got mine the Sunday before Christmas from that TRU sale.

Hope this helps!:bouncy:

And the RB2 drums accept the cymbal peripherals, while the Rock Band 1 drums do not. The pads are thicker and use a softer neoprene rubber compound. They are much quieter.

I'd say the fact of not having a usb cable dangling from the entertainment center is the best feature, though.

The drums from the Rock Band 2 set are a huge improvement. I upgraded and I'm completely happy with the decision. I gave one of my friends my Rock Band 1 drum set and the last time I was there playing them I further realized how much better the RB2 set is. Worth the upgrade for the price difference for sure. They have wireless capabilities, are much much quieter, the options to add the cymbals which I have done and let me say it is sweet.

I can't find a definitive answer on this, but I think I know the answer. I have both GH:WT and RB2. I just have two guitars and never got drum kits. If I only want to buy one drum kit, I need the GH:WT kit, right? And this is not out yet, yes? Sorry if this is kind of off-topic, but if I can use the RB2 drums for both Ithink I'd actually prefer it - I just don't think that's the case.

Yes. I believe that the Guitar Hero World Tour Drum Kit is the only one cross compatible with Rock Band, and I think it only works with RB2, not RB1. Kind of the opposite from the PS3 where the RB drums are cross compatible. Check the compatibility chart at Joystiq to be sure. I could usually post the link, but I'm on a different computer and don't have it bookmarked here.

The GH:WT drums from what I've heard have a lot of problems, so the safest bet would be the RB2 drums, as they're all supposed to be cross-compatible with one another.

[quote name='wii skiier']I can't find a definitive answer on this, but I think I know the answer. I have both GH:WT and RB2. I just have two guitars and never got drum kits. If I only want to buy one drum kit, I need the GH:WT kit, right? And this is not out yet, yes? Sorry if this is kind of off-topic, but if I can use the RB2 drums for both Ithink I'd actually prefer it - I just don't think that's the case.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the RB2 drums definitely work for GH:WT.

[quote name='bmulligan']http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

The latest compatibility matrix confirms what I said previously.

Rock Band drums are NOT compatible with GH:WT
GT:World Tour drums ARE compatible with RB2 but NOT with RB1.

The guitar compatibility follows the same pattern. So, it seems that World Tour is the way to go for the Wii since it offers greater compatibility.[/quote]
Cool - thanks. I had looked at the chart before posting but I couldn't find any confirmation of it anywhere. Doesn't help that the stupid Guitar Hero drums are selling for insane amounts of money last time I checked.

I got the rock band 2 drums, but these are still really loud. I've never heard of the rock band 1 drums so I don't know how they compare. That wireless dongle is really annoying though because it's so short. Is it the same dongle in the other versions?

bread's done
Back