How much is a genuine Kirby vacuum cleaner cost (the Sentria model)

We have an Oreck and we are satisfied but they give you 3 free tune ups when you buy the vacuum. The problem with Oreck is that they are nice to you when you are buying the vacuum and they are not pushy however when you bring the vacuum back to the store for the tune up they will try to tell you that you need a new brush, a new filter, etc all which are very pricey for what they are. The brush alone is like $35 then they try to sell you an upgraded brush for $45 or something like that. There is only one Oreck store here and we end up dealing with the same pushy manager each time we have to take the vacuum for a tune up so you don't have a choice of where to go for service or parts if you need them since most places only have one Oreck store in the area.

However the vacuum is a very good product and doesn't cost $1600. It is also very light and isn't heavy like Dyson vacuums. We didn't like the Dyson because of the messy canisters you have to empty. If Oreck's service was a little bit better I would speak very highly of the company and product. We know a lot of people with Oreck's and most have had the vacuum for 10-15 years or more.

[quote name='SaraAB']We have an Oreck and we are satisfied but they give you 3 free tune ups when you buy the vacuum. The problem with Oreck is that they are nice to you when you are buying the vacuum and they are not pushy however when you bring the vacuum back to the store for the tune up they will try to tell you that you need a new brush, a new filter, etc all which are very pricey for what they are. The brush alone is like $35 then they try to sell you an upgraded brush for $45 or something like that. There is only one Oreck store here and we end up dealing with the same pushy manager each time we have to take the vacuum for a tune up so you don't have a choice of where to go for service or parts if you need them since most places only have one Oreck store in the area.

However the vacuum is a very good product and doesn't cost $1600. It is also very light and isn't heavy like Dyson vacuums. We didn't like the Dyson because of the messy canisters you have to empty. If Oreck's service was a little bit better I would speak very highly of the company and product. We know a lot of people with Oreck's and most have had the vacuum for 10-15 years or more.[/QUOTE]
we used to have an oreck, that thing was a pos.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I should really tag this so I can post on it sometime in 2013... just to keep the pattern going. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha, I feel compelled to let this old thread live on.

On topic, I paid $35 for a used Dyson Animal that was missing a $5 part. $40 invested and I couldn't be happier.

Dyson ftw. 2 cats and a German Shepherd have literally killed 3 vacuums using pet hair alone. The Dyson laughs at that, and asks for more. Dyson all the way, best bang for the buck.

Ironically, we did have one problem with it. The "on" switch broke, but the warranty fixed it. Kind of ironic that it can demolish pet hair without losing any suction, but if you hit the "on" button too hard, it may break temporarily. Ha.

[quote name='pigeon12']I came in this thread thinking you bought a vacuum that looked like Kirby from the video game :p[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's the first thing I thought of too! I want to get a Kirby-lookalike vacuum that sucks in stuff real good.

i was team leader for a group of people selling kirby and i can tell you the there cost is about $600 if you offered $1000 they will still sell it to you. if i remember correctly if the saleman sold 4 he get 1 for free. sell that one and make $$$$

We overpaid for our first Kirby.... changed our minds and drove it to their main office before the 3 days were up when we had buyers remorse. DON"T attempt a return on the phone they will waste your time and the 3 days will run out. GO TO THE OFFICE. They offered me a lower price of $1000 but I was mad and done so I stood my ground said no, got the contract voided and my money back. The next time (a few months later) someone came again to our door... this time we told them we were only interested if they would accept $500 cash. We wouldn't talk about another price. They had to get their supervisor and after continueing to stand our ground he asked if we could at least pay the tax and the fee. So $535 and we had a new Kirby!!!! The machine is awesome but the price they start at is outragious... They will bargain with you if you stand your ground. Times are tough and if that sales person doesn't work with you the next one might. :) My Aunt paid $700. :) Good luck!!!!!

Yeah these Kirby vacs are totally negotiable. My family got one for $600 with all of the attachments, cleaners, etc. included.

I read those cockeyed links, and while they are funny, I simply cannot believe that it is illegal to buy a 'used' Kirby off of Ebay or anywhere else. Sure the thing is registered to the original purchaser by Kirby, but all buying used would do is void the warranty and perhaps not being able to buy replacement parts. They are not going to be sending the police to your house, lol.

bread's done
Back