how much is a sealed fat ps2 worth?

SlammedNiss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Found one today sitting in a case at a local mom & pop discount store. Would it be worth it to get it considering you can't find them anymore?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Found one today sitting in a case at a local mom & pop discount store. Would it be worth it to get it considering you can't find them anymore?[/QUOTE]

No.

The only real reason to get a fat ps2 would be for its ability to take a harddrive and the other "benefits" of having a harddrive and non-sony approved software so to speak.

It depends on what model # it was, since there were NUMEROUS model #'s. The earlier ones some people had Disc Read Errors(DRE) with, while the newer models they released just prior to coming out with the slim PStwos were considered generally better systems.

The two model #'s I consider the better ones were the 39001 and the 50001, which were the last two models before the slim. The 30001's, 30001R's, 33001's and 35001's were generally shitty systems, from what I've seen and I've repaired many of them.

As for the value of the fat models, as probablysober said they're mainly only good for the fact that you can use ummmm non Sony approved software on them. We'll just leave it at that.

if its sealed, it should have the small white strip seal (smaller than a scotch tape size) by the pull out tab where you open it. if its not there, then its a reseal or it was probably switched.

other than that, it really depends on the condition of the box and the model #. i wouldn't sell it right away though maybe in about 5 years when sealed ps2's would probably worth something.

It was brand new, locked behind a glass case, so I couldn't check the model #. I'd only get it for resale value, as I already have a V10 PS2 with a 120GB HDD that's running non-Sony approved software. :)

If it is the 50000 model, it will have a yellow + symbol in a front corner. This represents its ability to output progressive scan on DVDs.

If it isn't the 50000 model, don't bother.

I don't agree with people saying "$40". If you are buying it for personal use, anywhere up to the current retail value seems fine with me. I consider it the superior model to the current slim version.

bread's done
Back