How much is EbGames giving for a GBA SP?

mick16

CAGiversary!
I'm thinking about trading in my old GBA SP for the new backlit version and was wondering how much EBGames is giving via trade in these days.

Normally I'd sell it on E-bay, but the outside of the case is really scratched to sh!t (the screen is in decent condition though) and I don't want to deal with some whiny buyer complaining about it. Plus I've got a $100 bucks in store credit burning a hole in my pocket from the recent trade in game offer.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Call them and ask?[/QUOTE]

EB has a policy that tells them not to give trade in prices for anything over the phone.

Step 1 - Pick up the phone
Step 2 - Call you're local EB
Step 3 - Ask Question
Step 4 - Come to CAG bitching they only give $25
Step 5 - Watch numerous posters say 'Yeah, EB sucks. One time, they tried to make me pre-order a game....WTF!
Step 6 - Wait till another member repeats this thread 2 days from now
Step 7 - Check the Videogame Deals forum as there is a large thread detailing the GBA SP trade-in deal

[quote name='gizmogc']Step 1 - Pick up the phone
Step 2 - Call you're local EB
Step 3 - Ask Question
Step 4 - Come to CAG bitching they only give $25
Step 5 - Watch numerous posters say 'Yeah, EB sucks. One time, they tried to make me pre-order a game....WTF!
Step 6 - Wait for gizmogc to complain about these threads coming up every other day
Step 7 - Wait till another member repeats this thread 2 days from now
Step 8 - Check the Videogame Deals forum as there is a large thread detailing the GBA SP trade-in deal[/QUOTE]

you for got a step. i added it in there.

[quote name='Roufuss']EB has a policy that tells them not to give trade in prices for anything over the phone.[/QUOTE]

That is BS and you know it Roufuss. I and other CAGs have never had a problem calling EBgames and asking for a price over the phone.

[quote name='mtxbass1']That is BS and you know it Roufuss. I and other CAGs have never had a problem calling EBgames and asking for a price over the phone.[/QUOTE]

MY local eb's and gamestops dont tell over phone.

[quote name='help1']MY local eb's and gamestops dont tell over phone.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Its not requied, and most DMs do not allow it.

WHY?
Because most customers 'shop around' and will call EB, Gamestop, Game Crazy, Game Rush etc. for values. If you give them a low value, they won't trade come andc trade in. Tell them you can't give out prices over the phone, they MAY stop in and trade. And 90% of the time, no matter how low the value is, they will still trade-in the games as they 'drove so far'.

bread's done
Back