how much store credit do you have at your local game store?

aaa

CAGiversary!
ive got $212 at gamestop (all put towards xbox 360) and $393 at gamerush, along with 20-something games

I only got $2.73 on my only EB gift card left, after losing one gift card with $20+ credits somewhere. I got $61 at Wherehouse though, but their stuff is overpriced anyway.

$0
The last time I had credit was about $140 at gamecrazy. I spent it on a PStwo when it first came out.

At the EB I work at, I got GTA XB, Destroy All Humans (XB) and Medal Of Honor: European Assault (XB) all paid off thanks to recent trade in deals. I also got $50 on the XB 360. Going to work on paying off Conker: Live & Reloaded (XB) tomorrow.

$0.00

I've never had any credit at the game store. I got a $20 Sears card though (employee bonus). Need to find some way to spend that.

troy

I don't think I have any at the moment. Most I've had is about $10 from an eb.com local return.

I tend to sell my stuff for cash on eBay vs. trading it in for credit locally. I don't have any of the stores that do sweet trade in deals local to me, so not much incentive there.

$5 at Gamestop. Only because I preordered Atelier Iris though. I guess technically it is store credit since I can move it to something else, but not really.....

OK....$0

now have $440 at gamerush, and $212 at gamestop. next week i will have $470 at gamerush, and another game paid for

168 bucks at gamestop
284 bucks at ebgames
15 bucks at best buy
521 bucks at blockbuster
252 bucks at FYE
8 bucks at CC
4 bucks at macdonalds

85 @ Gamestop wsa thinking of putting it down on the 360 But both the stores are on there 3rd shipment. Now I'. thinking of trading in my PS2 and getting a Slim PS2

None, I used to play the trade-in game, but it's a total rip-off.

I can get 3x as much on ebay, and get PayPal to send me a check for CASH.

I stand corrected....I have $140 in BB credit, but that is not due to trading in games. They are all gift cards that were either CC rewards or GGCs.

[quote name='Quackzilla']None, I used to play the trade-in game, but it's a total rip-off.

I can get 3x as much on ebay, and get PayPal to send me a check for CASH.[/QUOTE]

It's only a rip-off if you're dumb--play it smart, exploit the deals, and you can triple your investment... or more...

I was up to $600 a few weeks ago at FYE, but I picked up some stuff for myself, and a PSP which I sold for $225 in cash.... now that my main FYE has started offering cash directly, I don't have too much new credit from them, so I'm down to only a $150 in credit.

Can you actually cash in all of your store credit? If you can, I think everyone should go and cash it all out, then all the game stores would have a shortage of money.

O, I put down $50 on Xbox 360 at Gamestop.

traded in 4 more games to gamestop, so now i have $330 in credit there, and $450 in credit at my gamerush

Anyone wanna spare a po' man some change? Cuz I an't got no credit anywhere, I only have like $7.34 put down towards my copy of Killer 7 :(

EDIT: How do you guys rack up that much credit?!?!

[quote name='SuprTnr2']Anyone wanna spare a po' man some change? Cuz I an't got no credit anywhere, I only have like $7.34 put down towards my copy of Killer 7 :(

EDIT: How do you guys rack up that much credit?!?![/QUOTE]

gamerush. deals end on 6/20, so the great run is over. ill give you $1 if you dance though.

[quote name='SuprTnr2']I have a webcam, so I would so do that ;). Plus wheres a link to the gamerush deals?[/QUOTE]

www.gamerush.com

the deals are ending on June 20, so act fast.

I have $410 at Rhino right now, all of which will be going towards games for the rest of the year. I have no interest in a 360.

I'll start building credit @ EB as soon as they start taking PS3 pre-orders. I would buy they system from Rhino, but they don't offer any kind of system warranty. Bummer.

A few hundred at Media Play, it's growing weekly so I don't know the total. That's for my Xbox 360 mostly or I'd cash it out.
I cashed in $120+ at TRU in the last 5 days.
Another $230 in Wal Mart stuff.

I never have credit at Gamestop or EB as I'll never, ever, ever trade in games for anything. I won't even get rid of crap like Mad Maestro, Mr. Mosquito and Gunvalkyrie.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']0[/QUOTE]

We all know that you keep basically all the games you buy for your collection, TSD.

[quote name='Over easy']Can you actually cash in all of your store credit? If you can, I think everyone should go and cash it all out, then all the game stores would have a shortage of money.

O, I put down $50 on Xbox 360 at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

You can't do that anyway. Once you have the money on a receipt or value card you can't go back and get cash for it.

[quote name='SuprTnr2']Anyone wanna spare a po' man some change? Cuz I an't got no credit anywhere, I only have like $7.34 put down towards my copy of Killer 7 :(

EDIT: How do you guys rack up that much credit?!?![/QUOTE]

Buy a whole lot of cheap games and then go trade them in when you are done playing them. Mainly, from EBgames.com when they have new and used games from 5 to 10 bucks or when stores clearance some titles that end up trading in for more credit then what you paid for the games.

The best places for trade in credit are:

Gamerush
FYE

Some places to get credit but you have to do it when they have specials are:

Gamestop (especially now through July 31 where you can get 40% extra + 10% more with the Gamestop value card when you trade in 4 games for PS2, GC, Xbox, DS, and PSP)
EB

If you hold your store credit too long, do you get charged a fee?

At various stores like Wal-Mart or Sears, if you receive a gift card, after ~1 year, they start charging an "account management fee", and subtracting pennies off your card.

Is the same true for EBgames or Gamespot or _____ trade-in credits?

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']If you hold your store credit too long, do you get charged a fee?

At various stores like Wal-Mart or Sears, if you receive a gift card, after ~1 year, they start charging an "account management fee", and subtracting pennies off your card.

Is the same true for EBgames or Gamespot or _____ trade-in credits?

troy[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of EB, Gamestop, Media Play/Sam Goody or TRU assigning fees to their gift cards. Even the stores that do it's like $1.50-$2.50 a month after 12 months. If you're saving store credits for fall game buying or an Xbox 360 from now until November you don't have anything to worry about.

There's no one on these boards that hoards store credit for 12+ months. They are typically waiting for the 4th quarter when we get crushed with titles worth getting or new hardware. I'm willing to bet you the amount of store credit people had after the DS or PSP was released shrank quite a bit around here. Come Black Friday I doubt many here will have these hundreds of dollars of store credit.

Of course that starts all over again next winter when game prices drop, guides get pennied out and people start their flipping cycles all over again.

bread's done
Back