How much time do you play XBLA vs disc based games?

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm probably about 80% XBLA vs 20% disc. Probably cause I'm very busy, curious how this breaks down amongst other CAG. I would have put in a poll, but have no idea how to do it.

It's probably about 50/50 for me. XBLA games are just easier to pick up and start playing for a short amount of time. They're also really addictive, so I usually intend to play a few quick games and end up playing for an hour.

It all depends on how much time do I have for gaming at the time being. If it's less than 30 minutes then I'll usually play some XBLA games but if I have more time on my hands then it's definitely disc.

All in all I would say: 90% Disc / 10% XBLA

Well, I own one disc-based 360 game: Oblivion. Usually, it's 90% arcade, 10% disc, but I'm getting back into Oblivion, so for right now, it's 100% disc.

Right now... absolutely no time spent playing arcade games. There's just not much good on there. SFII was okay, but I moved on and there's been nothing compelling since then.

60%disc/40% arcade for me. Sometimes it's so much easier to just find a game to play on the arcade than to go over to the library of games, find one to play and go that route.

Hard to say. Maybe 70 disk 30 arcade (Besides Hexic and Poker I only have demos). Whenever I play a disk game or watch a movie I almost always play the Zuma demo afterwards.

Disc - 75%
XBLA - 25%

I've been getting into Madden quite a bit as of late, but I still play Geometry Wars and poker on a fairly consistent basis. I also play Billiards every once in a while as well.

new xbox 360
i'd say 60% demos/arcade; 40% games

the onl game i have with much epople playing online is nba2k6, PDZ seemed boring to me. only have a couple cheap launch games

mostly been playing top spin 2 and saint row demo but it gets boring after awhile

arcade: dont have points so just been playing single player UNO and Texas Hold em'

75% disc
25% arcade

I've gotten hooked on Rumble Roses XX (shocking!) and the only XBLA game I play to death still is UNO. Gemetry Wars and SFII are there too, but mainly to up my score or get better.

95% disc

5% XBLA

The reason is that I only have trials of XBLA games, and not really sure if I'm going to buy any of them yet. Geometry Wars is certainly a buy, but I'm not sure about what else.

[quote name='The Mana Knight'] Geometry Wars is certainly a buy, but I'm not sure about what else.[/QUOTE]

Bah, mutant storm is a better game. Of course, it's 2x the price too...

[quote name='Trakan']90% Disc, 10% XBLA

That'll change once UMK3 hits though.[/QUOTE]
Then it's gonna be 99% disc, 1%XBLA?

I play about the same 90% disc, 10% Arcade.

[quote name='Murcielago77']94% disc, 4% demos, 2% arcade

decided to throw demos into the mix, because those can get addicting[/quote]

yup, i completely agree. Demos>Arcade

Probably about 85% disc games, 10% demos, 5% XBLA.

How some people can play XBLA 70+% of the time blows my mind. Sure the games are fun for a short burst. Still, I can sit there playing Oblivion or Madden for 3 or 4 hours, but I don't think I've ever played a XBLA game for more than 20 minutes. So the majoority of my total time played obviously lands with discs. Guess I find odd that people pay $300-400+ dollars on a system to play old and rehashed games from over a decade ago the vast majority of the time. I admit though had the poker game been tweaked some more and not so many asshats play it, then my XBLA time would've def. had gone up.

Probably 95/5 here. I only play XBLA games very sparingly. I have too many Disc base games to finish....still need tiem for those.

I didn't even consider XBLA when I bought my 360. But since then, I have had a blast with many XBLA games. Not so into the retro classics, but many of the exclusive original games are quite fun, Kaloki, Mutant Storm, Geometry wars, Clyde..... I can easily play any of those for 1-2 hours at a time.

In fact, I'm hoping Microsoft starts emphasizing original games much more. I think the arcade classics should be released in bundles, and sparingly.

bread's done
Back