How much will gamestop give me for my 360 when I trade it in for an Elite?

variablesunknown

CAGiversary!
Really want to get the Elite when it is released (hopefully end of April) but dont want two 360's, anyone know how much Gamestop will credit me for a premium system in excellent condition?

Who else is going to upgrade to the Elite when it is released?

I'm also curious but I can't imagine it will be much. It would have to be about $300 if I was going to upgrade because I can't justify shelling out over $200 for a system in the foreseeable future unless it's a PS3.

They might run a promotion of $XX plus normal 360 trade-in value towards the 360 "1337", but any guess as to the bonus amount is useless speculation.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm also curious but I can't imagine it will be much. It would have to be about $300 if I was going to upgrade because I can't justify shelling out over $200 for a system in the foreseeable future unless it's a PS3.[/quote]

The Wiki says $190 with the wireless controller, although it's possible they could do a $200 deal for the launch. They could also cut people a deal with a system + games trade-in special as well.

Being that its game$top, you know they are going to run some kind of promotion when the Elite is annonced, something like, "$400 towards an Elite with your 360 trade in! (then in small print it will specify a 360 trade-in along with your first born child, a virgin sacrifice and your eternal servitude to gamestop).":bomb:

Does anyone know how much they currently offer for 360's sold back to them?

Hoepfully that will be a good starting point to estimate costs.

[quote name='MisterModest']I don't think the "$190" includes trading in the Hard Drive too.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't. I'd assume the HDD is somewhere around 30-40.

$190 is pretty weaksauce if you ask me. Looks like you can get close to $300 on ebay if you want to go through the hassle.

I love the bigger HD but really the HDMI is the kicker. My tv defaults to "PC" color and image presets for the VGA input and I know that the HDMI would make the 360 look noticeably better. Not too mention how excited I am that my 360 might not sound like a jumbo jet taking off in my house!

[quote name='variablesunknown']$190 is pretty weaksauce if you ask me. Looks like you can get close to $300 on ebay if you want to go through the hassle.

I love the bigger HD but really the HDMI is the kicker. My tv defaults to "PC" color and image presets for the VGA input and I know that the HDMI would make the 360 look noticeably better. Not too mention how excited I am that my 360 might not sound like a jumbo jet taking off in my house![/quote]
If the elite really does come out though, Gamestop may end up doing some kind of deal where you can trade up and only pay 170 or something, kind of like they did with the DS to the DS lite.

If they can come up with a decent deal.. i'm game.

So.. how would you transfer saves from 1 HDD to the new one??? ;(

[quote name='lilboo']If they can come up with a decent deal.. i'm game.

So.. how would you transfer saves from 1 HDD to the new one??? ;([/quote]

There will supposedly be a usb cable/software tool to help with this.

Also, there's that Datel HDD device Cheapy is supposed to review soon...

[quote name='gunm']There will supposedly be a usb cable/software tool to help with this.

Also, there's that Datel HDD device Cheapy is supposed to review soon...[/QUOTE]

Oh, nice :)

sadly I don't have an HDTV..so the HDMI isn't a huge need for me. The 120gb is nice..and a quiter disk drive would ALSO be nice!

I actually have the Datel Xport that you are talking about (totally saved my ass when the last dashboard update bricked my hard-drive!), it was only $40 at Bestbuy and it allows you to move your original Xbox gamesaves from the memory card to your 360 hard drive!

I am sure Microsoft will include some sort of transfer cable, lest their redmond headqaurters be attacked by gamers wielding torches and pitchforks!!

"We've confirmed with trusted sources"

MS didn't even confirm this thing and Peter Moore said it didn't exist in his interview with EGM last month and people are already wanting to trade in their old 360. First MS has to confirm, then ask questions. Plus, I highly doubt it will be confirmed and released in a month.

I agree that it is early to be calculating financials but it stands to reason that even if (and more evidence seems to be revealed every day) Microsoft is planning to release the Elite, the last thing they would do is release information early, that would seriously eat into the stock they presently have on shelves! Everyone would just wait for the newer version to release, that is why (if its true) Msoft is playing dumb.

I don't think that the elite will be released until november.

And the current price of 360s traded into gamestop IS $190 with the HDD! It doesn't matter what kind of controller or cables you have, Either. Wired Xbox 360 Mics will up the price by $4.

makes no sense for microsoft to release upgrade right now. its still enjoying the failure of ps3. once ps3 starts hurting its hardware sales, we'll see an upgrade.

I may or may not get it when its released. To me there always something wrong with the first run of units so may have a bad power supply or something else. Anyone know how much the 120 hd will cost. I may just get that one instead and bite the bullet on the trade in cost on my current hd.

Why anyone would pay More for a system that does the exact same thing is beyond me.

The bigger HD may be nice IF you use your 360 like a media player and download a ton of shit from their On-demand service, but otherwise...HDMI? Who cares?

You can get a good upconverting HDMI DVD Player for less than $70 bucks and thats all your money buys you, an HDMI port....its not like your games magically transform into 1080p native....

You wont see any improvement over Component input...

very few games on 360 out now is 1080p native... but then again not many ps3 games out now is 1080p native... so 720p upscale to 1080 is same either way

bread's done
Back