How much would you pay for a digital AAA game on release?

Kotor15

Banned
This is more aimed towards console owners. I know a lot of us don't like buying digital because you can't trade it in afterwards and you want physical forever. Putting aside that fact, what would a $60 game you really wanted have to cost for you to buy it day one digitally? $45? $40? Less?

For me, there has been stuff I want digital since I really hate changing discs to switch between Forza games or Battlefield which are my main two games. I bought GTA V on Xbox One for full price since I was dying to play it one weekend and felt super lazy. I had played it before so that's kind of different, I knew what to expect. Buying digital day one, hell digital preordering is crazy to me unless I absolutely adore the series and they could do no wrong in my eyes. (Forza)

$20. I prefer physical games, so it would have to be a insane deal. Especially since most big games are really only costing you $40 at Best Buy on release date. 

If I'm a diehard fan the magic price is $60. For example I have Fallout 4 preordered on the Xbox One.

For any other level of enthusiasm I'd prefer a 10 to 20 percent discount for day of release or release week. But I don't think this will ever happen on consoles.

99% of the time I wouldn't pay anything for it. It'd go right to the end of the list because there's a healthy supply of retail games that I'd buy first.

In that 1% case, where I absolutely must have the game, I guess I'd pay full price.

99% of the time I wouldn't pay anything for it. It'd go right to the end of the list because there's a healthy supply of retail games that I'd buy first.

In that 1% case, where I absolutely must have the game, I guess I'd pay full price.
Pretty much. I only buy digital games for 2 reasons.

-It's not available physically.

-It's obscenely cheaper or free. I pick up super-cheap Steam games from bundles. or if they're below 90% off on a Steam sale. If PSN or XBox Live have a $1> sale for some stuff, I pick up a few things.

They would have to pay me. I mean part of the 60.00 you pay for a physical game is the case,disc,artwork. I think all digital should be no more then 20

I'd pay $50 day 1 for a digital title I really want to play.  If it's a little older I'd probably pay half of what its going for at retail.  This of course rarely happens hence why 99% of my games are physical.

At the very least digital games should always be cheaper than buying a disc which in the vast majority of cases it's the exact opposite.

bread's done
Back