How much would you pay for upgrade to new 60 gb?

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I've found a way to get a new 60 gb 360 for under $100 by selling a 20 gb 360. Possibly even as low as $82 if ebay was involved. It's in a topic on here. But I was wondering if I should do it so I was wondering the most you guys would pay to upgrade to a new 60gb 360?

Last edited by a moderator:
just get a 120gb hdd from circuit city and sell your 20gb.

Why are all these damn topics popping up? Because of NXE or the 3 yr warranty?Either way it is getting kind of annoying.

[quote name='Scorch']If you effectively manage your space, 20GB is plenty.[/quote]

If you only plan on having 1 retail disc game installed at a time, yes.

Why do you love this question so much?

The new 60 gigs suck ass. I would never buy one of them and I made sure to grab a 20 gig benq before they disappered.

[quote name='BackInBlack']If you only plan on having 1 retail disc game installed at a time, yes.[/quote]
I can't even get one game to fit unless I start deleting arcade titles or RB tracks :(

[quote name='BackInBlack']If you only plan on having 1 retail disc game installed at a time, yes.[/quote]

Again, effectively manage your space. Is it worth putting a retail game on the drive? Is that 20-30 second increase in time and quieter drive worth extra money?

Of course, I can't complain, through various trade-in deals I managed to get the 120gb drive a while back for about $40 out of pocket.. but even when I had my 20gb drive, I didn't run out of space. I think the closest I ever got was 3gb available, and the majority of content was demos that I could delete.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Why do you love this question so much?

The new 60 gigs suck ass. I would never buy one of them and I made sure to grab a 20 gig benq before they disappered.[/quote]
Because I'm about to make a big decision, this is my launch 360 & I'm a poor bastard! Why does the 60 gb suck? I heard it had a larger cache than the 20 gb. Was the benq disc drive discontinued, I never heard anything?

[quote name='Malik112099']just get a 120gb hdd from circuit city and sell your 20gb.
[/quote]
I want to get a new 360 in the process. How much is a 120gb hdd I don't see it available, and I'd rather spend $80-$100 on a new 360 than more for just an HDD even if it is bigger.

This is far from a big decision. If this is the biggest decision you are making in your life, you should just sell your box and start living in the real world.

You should look into getting a job too.

The new 60 gigs suck ass. I would never buy one of them and I made sure to grab a 20 gig benq before they disappered.[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong w/ the new 60 gig?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']This is far from a big decision. If this is the biggest decision you are making in your life, you should just sell your box and start living in the real world.

You should look into getting a job too.[/quote]
Who said it was the biggest decision of my life lol. It's a big decision to me because I'm a gamer that is sentimental about my launch model, I don't have a lot of discretionary spending money, and I would be committing time to the deal I'm after. You should learn to treat people with a little respect, no? Why does the 60 gb suck? I heard it had a larger cache than the 20 gb. Was the benq disc drive discontinued, I never heard anything?

Um, I paid around 100 bones to upgrade to the 120 GB HDD. I guess I'd... pay... around 50 dollars to... downgrade to the 60 GB HDD?

:dunce:

The new 60 gigs suck ass. I would never buy one of them and I made sure to grab a 20 gig benq before they disappered.[/quote]

Why does it suck ass exactly?

[quote name='Chase']Um, I paid around 100 bones to upgrade to the 120 GB HDD. I guess I'd... pay... around 50 dollars to... downgrade to the 60 GB HDD?

:dunce:[/quote]

hahaha, i'll let you pay me to take your 120gb. how would you like to pay for that: cash, debit or credit?

but i think he's talking about trading in his current 360 and getting a new one with a bigger hd

[quote name='Chase']Um, I paid around 100 bones to upgrade to the 120 GB HDD. I guess I'd... pay... around 50 dollars to... downgrade to the 60 GB HDD?

:dunce:[/quote]
It's not for a 60 gb HDD, its for an entire new 60 gb console bundle. Which includes upto the following benefits:
- brand new system
- brand new controller
- 1 year warranty
- 3 year RROD warranty
- 1 Month of XBL Gold
- better CPU (65 nm)
- save $ on energy cost (I think its ~50 watts less when in use than the 90 nm CPU)
- better, more quiet disc drive
- possibly better GPU (65 nm)
- HDMI
- Headset
- free games

Unless you have a transfer cable... how do you propose you get all your info off of your 20GB HDD before you get your new console?

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Unless you have a transfer cable... how do you propose you get all your info off of your 20GB HDD before you get your new console?[/quote]
I'll get the 60gb & the transfer cable, transfer, then sell the cable on ebay.

I'll keep my current 360 and just get the 60GB HDD for $40.

20GB HDD 2MB Cache buffer
60GB HDD 8MB cache buffer

nuff said

That's a good deal Ice Cold. I'm in a different situation, I want to be rid of my 360 so I don't mind paying $80-$100 for a new 360. Where did you read that the 60 gb has 8 mb cache?

[quote name='J7.']That's a good deal Ice Cold. I'm in a different situation, I want to be rid of my 360 so I don't mind paying $80-$100 for a new 360. Where did you read that the 60 gb has 8 mb cache?[/quote]

long time ago when it launched also specs on the 120GB elite

20GB HDD 100MB/sec data transfer rate 2MB cache buffer

60GB HDD 150MB/sec dtr 8MB cache buffer

120GB HDD 150MB/sec dtr 8MB cache buffer

all 3 are 5400rpm

don't ask for links I hardly remember which site had this little reported info

lol I can get a 120gig for 60$ off newegg, would never pay more then like 20-30$ for a 60gig. yeah its not as easy to upgrade the HDD as on the PS3 but im cheap.

[quote name='danked']lol I can get a 120gig for 60$ off newegg, would never pay more then like 20-30$ for a 60gig. yeah its not as easy to upgrade the HDD as on the PS3 but im cheap.[/quote]

How can you get a 120GB for $60? I'm sure if you could, numerous CAGs would have already found out by now, and not be scalvaging clearanced 120GB HD's for $100+ at Target, no? I don't want to call your bluff, but I feel I must, because it seems like you're somewhat bragging. If you actually know how to get a 120GB for $60 on Newegg and don't want to share, then I respect that, but I highly doubt you found several for $60.

Anyhow, I essentially bought this on eBay 2-3 weeks ago:
Xbox 360 Pro w/h 60 GB HD
Wireless Controller
Power Brick/AV Cables
Warranty until February 9, 2009
Dance Dance Revolution

for $100.

So, the Controller is worth like $20, the Xbox360 Console, I will pitch a random number like $50, and the 60GB Hard Drive for $30. I wouldn't pay more than $50+ for a 60GB HD, since they normally go for ~$60.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']How can you get a 120GB for $60? I'm sure if you could, numerous CAGs would have already found out by now, and not be scalvaging clearanced 120GB HD's for $100+ at Target, no?[/quote]

I think hes referring to a computer HDD

[quote name='Chronotrigga']How can you get a 120GB for $60? I'm sure if you could, numerous CAGs would have already found out by now, and not be scalvaging clearanced 120GB HD's for $100+ at Target, no? I don't want to call your bluff, but I feel I must, because it seems like you're somewhat bragging. If you actually know how to get a 120GB for $60 on Newegg and don't want to share, then I respect that, but I highly doubt you found several for $60.

[/quote]

He bought the same hard drive model as the one that MS puts into the 120gb casing, then got the hddss.bin file for the 120gb drive to put on it and formated it for the 360.

i used my prp for the 5th time at best buy and got an elite, cost me $50
so far so good. it runs a LOT cooler than my previous 360's who knows when itll die though.
i will say that the extra hdd spcae is awesome. like my ps3 i can now downlaod whatever i want and not wory too much.

[quote name='Danil ACE']He bought the same hard drive model as the one that MS puts into the 120gb casing, then got the hddss.bin file for the 120gb drive to put on it and formated it for the 360.[/quote]

what he said.

bread's done
Back