How often do ipods go on sale?

mrchainsaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm looking to buy a 30GB or maybe even an 80GB if I can find it cheap enough. I'm liking the $200 price tag for a refurb 30GB at Apple's store. I remember back in October they were selling 30GB's for $180 and 60GB's for $230, I'd like to see prices like those again. :D

Any chance I'll see the 30GB drop below $200 or the 80GB below $300 anytime soon?

for some reason they don't drop...

maybe its the popularity factor or just the crazy cost of the "spin wheel" but best deal I've seen for months is the bb/cc gift cards they offered (up to $30?)

The price for a refurb is pretty good as it is.

I was just wondering, has there been any news about a new version coming out soon? I was looking at when each generation was released and there was about a year between each gen, give or take a couple of months. The 5th gen came out in October 2005 so it's almost two years old, seems like a new gen is in order. I guess the iphone just came out though.

^only thing i can think of (off the top of my head of course) that they've yet to include is AM/FM radio so maybe they'll pull that out this year (or early next year)

Apple products never go on sale so dont count on finding a deal anywhere. They offer a student "discount" that takes off about $1.

nope,if people are willing to pay for one at their cost..than to them there is no need to have a sale..although if you buy a mac you get a free nano lol.

try ebay...ive seen them go for atleast 50-100 bucks under retail..so you may try that..

i saw a deal where you could get a refurb 30gb for around 180 shipped. it has the same warranty as buying a new one and ppl have been having nothing but good reviews from them. looks just like a new one. i was gonna get one, but i won a psp and i use that for my music. if you're interested, i can try to find the deal...pm me.

Unlike all other mp3 players, Ipods are a price controlled item. They never go on sale and retailers are not allowed to take any kind of markdown on new Ipods (ie. they will be excluded on all coupons, etc.). As stated above, your best bet will be refurbs, student discount, open items/returns, and some retailers give away free stuff with purchase (gift cards, accessories, itunes cards, for example).

Wow, if that works for me I'll save a lot of money. Thanks for the link (and to Believethehype who pmed me with it).

Now, should I go with black or white? I'm really indifferent.

Use that $40 off $200 CC coupon floating around if you can, I remember going through the same thing about a year ago and used an Ultimate Electronics 20% off coupon.

at mrchainsaw

Theyll upgrade the iPod by the end of the year (just in time for christmas) as they last upgraded it last year in spetember (brighter screen and better battery life) which is when I got mine. Now wether it will have a widescreen touchscreen like the iPhone is debatable, but I almost positive they'll have an update here before the end of the year. I also expect a nano upgrade, because for the past three years they give away free ipod mini/nano for college bound kids so they can empty their stock. Happened right before the ipod nano was released. happened right before it was upgraded to the 2G aluminum shells, and it'll happen again this fall.

[quote name='ogvor']at mrchainsaw

Theyll upgrade the iPod by the end of the year (just in time for christmas) as they last upgraded it last year in spetember (brighter screen and better battery life) which is when I got mine. Now wether it will have a widescreen touchscreen like the iPhone is debatable, but I almost positive they'll have an update here before the end of the year. I also expect a nano upgrade, because for the past three years they give away free ipod mini/nano for college bound kids so they can empty their stock. Happened right before the ipod nano was released. happened right before it was upgraded to the 2G aluminum shells, and it'll happen again this fall.[/quote] You don't think it's too close for them to have not announced a new gen yet?

bread's done
Back