How often does EB/GameStop.com...

Engel

CAG Veteran
... ship used games with no cases? I'm getting ready to buy six 360 games and it's definitely a concern of mine. Has anyone here ever received a current gen game with no case?

Thanks for any info.

This is Gamestop we're talking about here. I'd say your chances are pretty good of getting a coverless/sans manual game. I mean, just take a look at their stores and that'll give you a good idea as to your chances.

As for me, I've NEVER ordered anything online from them, since I'd rather SEE what I plan on buying from them so I get a complete/minty game and not some dog/kid chewed up disc/cart.

They might send you a generic cover(its stated in every used game I believe online) but never just the disc. Just go to the store and buy them if you want cases and manuals or just buy them new!

[quote name='Engel']... ship used games with no cases? I'm getting ready to buy six 360 games and it's definitely a concern of mine. Has anyone here ever received a current gen game with no case?

Thanks for any info.[/quote]

ethier buy it in store or exchange it in store, etheir way its an inconvenience

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
As for me, I've NEVER ordered anything online from them[/QUOTE]

And that is where you should have realized you have nothing to add to the TC's question. Your personal opinion of what you THINK would happen is meaningless, because it is based solely on whatever goes on in your head, which rarely looks to be a happy place, and not based on any actual experiences.

TC, I've ordered numerous times, worst I've ever gotten was one of their generic game cases with the game. I haven't always gotten instructions or the original game case but you knowingly take that chance going in. I've never had a problem with the condition of the game itself, others say they have.

If you're not happy with the condition of the game, return it to the store or send it back according to their policy - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

Out of 6 orders in the past 3 years, the only game I've not gotten complete was a copy of Nocturne for the PS2.

[quote name='mitch079']And that is where you should have realized you have nothing to add to the TC's question. Your personal opinion of what you THINK would happen is meaningless, because it is based solely on whatever goes on in your head, which rarely looks to be a happy place, and not based on any actual experiences. [/quote]

It seems yet another slappy on here has a problem with me and has to resort to a personal attack. How juvenile.

There was no need for a personal attack on me, Mitch. I took to doing something I have NEVER done yet on CAG and actually reported your post. The remark about me was uncalled for. You have a problem with me, put me on your ignore list then.

I've been lucky only one of the games I've ordered was missing a manual otherwise they have been perfect but it is just so random that I would agree just return it to the store if you have a problem. I actually have worse luck in the B&M stores than I do online.

I don't know about anyone else's experiences, but the three or four stores near me that I will frequent often have a good percentage of complete games. I would say more than 80% of the used games are complete. So, I would say you have a good chance of getting something complete. And as others have said, if you don't, just return it.

actually, you might be okay...the last 2 orders I've gotten complete copies of games (4 games total)

i was talking to a friend of mine who works at GS and they're actually running a new policy on only taking complete games from now on

[quote name='breakingcustoms']actually, you might be okay...the last 2 orders I've gotten complete copies of games (4 games total)

i was talking to a friend of mine who works at GS and they're actually running a new policy on only taking complete games from now on[/quote] I hope that's true. It means good quality games at GS, and really cheap disc only games at flea markets/yard sales.

50/50

keep in mind these days you can return your online orders into the store. so if you get some with no cases go to your local gamestop and return them for ones with a case.

[quote name='djkunai']What games are you buying?[/quote]

I knocked a couple out of my cart so it's only four instead of six: Condemned 2, Blacksite, The Outfit and Stranglehold.

I would go to the store (and did when they had B2G1) but the CAG16 code doesn't work there. That along with the Edge card and free shipping combine for a decent deal when you're looking for cheap stuff to play through on a rainy weekend.

It's good to hear I can exchange any duds at the store though. Thanks.

I didn't even know that. Hell, if I knew that, I might even consider buying from their online site now. I just figured you were always SOL if you ordered online and they sent some generic case crap.

I don't care if they are complete or correct cases or what-have-you if it's being discounted. To ask people to pay the same for incomplete merchandise is just insane. The few items I have bought used form Gamestop have been complete and I always check the discs before I had over my money. Of course I have to check the cases before I even approach the counter. Wouldn't be such a big deal if incomplete games were a couple of bucks cheaper.

bread's done
Back