How rare is Disgaea??? $49.99 @ Toys R Us

It's not rare to the point that you can't find it, but few enough were printed so that you'll most likely never see a price drop on it.

i really want this game, but im poor. has anyone ever seen it for less? its 45 used at gamestop, but thats not really less.

I paid $49.99 for this at Circuit City. Didn't want to end up not able to get it in the future.

I bought Suikoden 3 off of ebay for $55+ off eBay and then Konami end up printing more game and going for $29.99 when was told that this game is discontinued. Rather pay $49.99 + tax then $55.

[quote name='racerman8']I paid $49.99 for this at Circuit City. Didn't want to end up not able to get it in the future.[/quote]

Same here. I picked up the last copy at my local CC. I didn't want to hunt the game down in the future.

[quote name='racerman8']I paid $49.99 for this at Circuit City. Didn't want to end up not able to get it in the future.

I bought Suikoden 3 off of ebay for $55+ off eBay and then Konami end up printing more game and going for $29.99 when was told that this game is discontinued. Rather pay $49.99 + tax then $55.[/quote]

The same thing happened to me with Cubivore. I payed $55 soon after everyone was out of stock, then all these copies started showing up for $20 - $30. :( That's an Atlus game as well, so maybe Disgaea will get a drop and repress too.

I haven't seen any copies at my local stores, but then again, I haven't really been looking for it. EBgames and Gamestop both don't have it, although Gamestop has it used.

I suppose it isn't impossible to find, but it's definetly not common. It is virtually impossible to find it for under $50 however :(

The average eBay (and otherwise) price is $40 (used, of course). I think I'll buy this game from Toys R Us ....if it's around in a month. :roll:

not too shocking.. i saw a couple gamestops that still sold alter echo for 49.99, this month! also im hearing a rumor of a reprint on disegea.

But when a tenacious cheap ass gamer finds it for 19 bucks, the topic is going to light up like a hooker's case of herpes. Its not rare.. just highly desired by those who know good games yet also think paying 50 bucks for a game is lame (because it is)

I think what happened was the last few games by Atlus had limited releases so everyone assumed that a quirky title would do the same.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was a markketing ploy for people to ruch out and buy it...collector, ebayer and gamer

I saw a couple of copies of Disgaea at my local CC about a couple of months ago, and I foolishly passed them up. Luckily I found it used on EBgames.com (got it for $34 used).

Atlus has a bad habit of short producing titles, and then selling them months down the line on their website. When people paid 50+ for Rhapsody, I got it direct from Atlus for 23.90 shipped and they tossed in some stickers and demos for us. We called their direct line and they were very cool. Just wait, it'll dip soon enough.

[quote name='Macros']I just got it from Gamestop for like $35 with their stopwatch sale (20% off preplayed)[/quote]

"This is a preowned video game. It is guaranteed to work on your PlayStation 2 video game console and does not include box or instruction manual."

Good luck.

I got a used copy from FYE for $43.99; case/disc/instructions were in perfect condition. I realize its not a huge savings, but if you have any crap ames lying around, the chain does give good amounts of store credit for trade-ins, at least compared to EB and Gamestop.

bread's done
Back