How reliable are refurbished things?

in my experience, i havn't had a problm. this includes refurbished desktops, n64, camera, etc. i guess some of it probally will depend on luck though, u may get a poorly reconditioned item or u might get a perfect one. although i think most companies do put the products through a test b4 they release it back out.

I received a refurbished Ps2 from Sony the other day in exchange for my old one.. I'll let you know if anything comes up with it..

the refurb ps2s and xboxes from ebgames suck big time. 95% of them have disc read errors. I had to make at least 3 stops to ebgames to exchange my xbox until I just decided to get a new one.

It really depends on luck, but usually they are ok. I've had a refurb discman for a couple years without a problem...but I've also had a refurb tv that lasted about a month.

In general, I don't have problem with refurbished items. But I did encounter a big problem when I bought the refurbished DVD Receiver Onkyo DR-C500 5-disc DVD changer/receiver from JandR.com. The player would pixelate very badly and would fail to play the disc very often (after power cycle several times, the disc would play fine). Tried to return it to JandR.com but they said I have to take it to local Onkyo repair shop first. This is only after I got the player/receiver for less than a week when the problems started to show up. Onkyo repair shop fixed the pixelation problem but the random load failure still persist.

I've never had a problem with refurbished anything. IMO, refurbished is as good as new, if not better than new as its been back to the manufacturer for a good once-over. I'm assuming this is a refurbished game system you are referring to. Do yourself a favor and get the refurb system over USED system. The refurb comes with the same factory warranty the new system does. Good luck. PS - I just purchased a second refurb XBox.

i bought my gamecube refurbished and i've had absolutely no problem. i would always go for refurbished over new if there's the choice.

I bought a refurbished Dreamcast about 4 years ago and it still runs like new. It even lasted longer then my Xbox which I bought at launch, that died last week. :(

Oh. I forgot to mention.. I got a refurbished SEGA CDX from a friend at SEGA a couple years ago.. works grand. So grand, I forget it was refurbished.

i got some computer speakers refurbished and the 2nd day one of the 4 satellite speakers stopped working. just be sure you get a great deal out of it, it should be way less than 50% of retail.

My Dreamcast is a refurb bought from EB I believe. Haven't had a moments trouble with it in nearly 3 1/2 years.

Tim

bread's done
Back