How should I quit Best Buy?

slimymeteor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm sick of working for that evil organization, as I'm fed up with the savage way they treat their workers and customers. So, I'm quitting.

But, I don't wanna just do the typical "2 weeks notice" or "stop coming in" routine. I want a flashy exit. I want to quit by making a statement!

So, give me some suggestions on how I should quit (or get myself fired) from Best Buy, and keep in mind that nothing is too brutal.

How about a little fire, Scarecrow?

(Disclaimer: This is a joke. This is only meant as a joke. Do not take the above statement as a suggestion to burn your local Best Buy to the ground.)

Well I dont know how old you are, or if you need a job right after you quit, but maybe giving them time and notice will at least let you be able to use your boss as a reference for a new job.

run out the store naked right when the open the doors the day after thanksgiving.... You can be on the news Naked man stampled at BB

You could take a page out of RealityFringe's playbook and act like an immature ass. Or you could act like a man, be mature about it, have some responsibilitym and give a two-weeks notice, work out your remaining two weeks and leave with a simply goodbye.

Unfortunately, with the way our society is rapidly crumbling.. people seem to think they're owed something and feel the need to act like chimpanzees when they leave a job.

i interviewed with BB yesterday twice, and have my final interview friday.. i hope mine is better to work at than yours was for you... good luck!

Go on a shopping spree... without paying for it... in broad daylight.

DISCLAIMER: The preceding statement is not reflective of the views of CappyCobra.

I'd just give the two weeks notice and move on. If you burn the bridge, it might come back to bite you in the ass later. If you do something stupid and flashy, they will probably tell every reference check that they make on your behalf.

Just give the notice and walk away.....you never know what you might need from them in the future.

How about reliving this classic scene:

fuck you

fuck you

fuck you

You're cool

fuck you

I'm out

(then throw a big mac at the managers head followed by your exit)

ahhh i just thought of a classic way you could do it.. wait till novemeber 9th, steal the entire fucking shipment of halo 2, and give them free to everyone at CAG!

[quote name='Cornfedwb']You could take a page out of RealityFringe's playbook and act like an immature ass. Or you could act like a man, be mature about it, have some responsibilitym and give a two-weeks notice, work out your remaining two weeks and leave with a simply goodbye.

Unfortunately, with the way our society is rapidly crumbling.. people seem to think they're owed something and feel the need to act like chimpanzees when they leave a job.[/quote]

Agreed. Be a man (or woman) and just do it.

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']ahhh i just thought of a classic way you could do it.. wait till novemeber 9th, steal the entire shaq-fuing shipment of halo 2, and give them free to everyone at CAG![/quote]

Best idea I've heard all day! :lol:

I used to work at Best Buy, this is what i did... hey guys im going to college across state gotta go.
reply: We can transfer you to the one a few minutes down
me:well i think imma just go to school and focus on my studies
BB:hey thats ok but heres my number call me in a few days to let me know if i can keep you in the system for this holiday season
Me(as i put the paper in my back pocket never to see again): Will do =)

I used to love workin at Best Buy but no matter what retail you work for it sucks just because its retail. I was best game salesmen we had so of course they wanted me to stay, i was part time and worked 30 somethin hours a week durin the holiday at no extra cost to them. I had to work christmas eve while full timers had it off and got paid for it. I was scheduled for 4 am the day after thanksgiving got it pushed to 6 got out at 3 to work at my other job. Shaq-fu that just give your 2 weeks notice and never go back so they dont try and recruit you!

[quote name='Cornfedwb']You could take a page out of RealityFringe's playbook and act like an immature ass. Or you could act like a man, be mature about it, have some responsibilitym and give a two-weeks notice, work out your remaining two weeks and leave with a simply goodbye.

Unfortunately, with the way our society is rapidly crumbling.. people seem to think they're owed something and feel the need to act like chimpanzees when they leave a job.[/quote]

Amen! I don't see why people have to "make a statement" and "go out with a bang". What's the point? If it was so bad you would have quit a long time ago. It's not like you were making great money and just couldn't get up the courage to leave such a high paying job. :roll:

If you are going to leave, and have nothing to lose in leaving, talk to whoever is in charge about why you want out and what it would take for you to stay. Maybe they will treat employees and customers better if you let them know what they are doing wrong.

[quote name='Backlash']Quit gracefully. There is no reason to burn bridges.[/quote]

If someone with the ID "Backlash" is telling you not to make a scene and just give the two weeks, it's probably the best thing to do. Think of it this way, you have essentially screwed them cause you're leaving them right as the holiday season is starting.

As strange as it sounds ... if you could suffer through another 2 weeks before handing in your notice, you could leave RIGHT BEFORE Thanksgiving week and that would really leave them high and dry. Of course, don't let anyone know you're leaving or they can plan your replacement in advance but if you just give two weeks, they may not be able to get a replacement for Black Friday quick enough.

As bad as you may think your job is, Best Buy has done you a favor by hiring you -even if you choose not to believe so- by giving you the opportunity to work. It's a retail job - they are what they are. Just because it's some mega-conglomerate corporation doesn't mean it's ok to act like a punk and do something "outlandish" as a statement against them when you quit. Sure, maybe the job sucks - maybe your boss is an ass, I'm not disputing any of this. However, acting like a tool does nothing ...except make you look like you're acting like a tool. Give your two weeks, suck it up, and move on.

[quote name='slimymeteor']I'm sick of working for that evil organization, as I'm fed up with the savage way they treat their workers and customers. So, I'm quitting.

But, I don't wanna just do the typical "2 weeks notice" or "stop coming in" routine. I want a flashy exit. I want to quit by making a statement!

So, give me some suggestions on how I should quit (or get myself fired) from Best Buy, and keep in mind that nothing is too brutal.[/quote]

I didn't read any of the posts after this, so I can give you an utainted view. It depends on your managers and coworkers. You really, in all honesty, shouldn't go in looking for a flashy exit. If you'll remember, about 4 months or so back I totally wigged out at Gamestop and Godzilla-ed out of there. Nothing really came out of it aside from the fact that (I've since heard) the Manager is gone due to his inability to perform, which I in no way doubt. If you've been treated poorly by one of the managers, let him know how you feel before you leave, but honestly, try not to be too physical. Also, don't feel like you're obligated to go in there and be repugnantly gracious and "Why, thank ya mastah!" for such a shitty low-wage position, and don't let anyone around here tell you that you should be "grateful" for the job, it's a crock of shit. You just happened on it, and they hired you before they hired some other unwitting soul. If you don't need the reference(ala me); do what makes you feel better in the limits of the law. If you do, exercise extreme caution. Just remember that you shouldn't feel liek they did you a favor by giving you a job, because, they didn't.

[quote name='slimymeteor']I'm sick of working for that evil organization, as I'm fed up with the savage way they treat their workers and customers. So, I'm quitting.

So, give me some suggestions on how I should quit (or get myself fired) from Best Buy, and keep in mind that nothing is too brutal.[/quote]

if they screwed you, screw them back....thats how i'd probably do it....i wouldn't really need a "flashy exit" though, a simple not showing up would do just fine....you can find funny and jerky ways to make a statement, but the simple fact is that, nothing that you can do is going to make them treat the next man any better....so means they're not going to change, you should be the man and give em the two weeks....though if i was you, depending on how badly they've treated you, im not sure id give them the two weeks....just remember that anything you do to effect the store will probably effect the customers, which will probably effect us

Just walk in on your day off with a roll of Toilet Paper, go behind the counter grab a small trash can. Go out onto the sales floor by the video games. sit on the can and pitch a loaf right there, when someone asks you what your doing reply that your fine and you dont need any help. After you are done just wipe and walk out. I am guessing they wont be expecting you to come to work after that.

you should switch all of the wiring on all of the different demo items throughout the store and leave it so everyone else has to hook eveything back up

[quote name='WarrenGekko']Go to Circuit City and get a job and walk in BB in your CC uniform and quit[/quote]

I LOLed

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='slimymeteor']I'm sick of working for that evil organization, as I'm fed up with the savage way they treat their workers and customers. So, I'm quitting.

if they screwed you, screw them back....thats how i'd probably do it....i wouldn't really need a "flashy exit" though, a simple not showing up would do just fine....you can find funny and jerky ways to make a statement, but the simple fact is that, nothing that you can do is going to make them treat the next man any better....so means they're not going to change, you should be the man and give em the two weeks....though if i was you, depending on how badly they've treated you, im not sure id give them the two weeks....just remember that anything you do to effect the store will probably effect the customers, which will probably effect us[/quote]

I agree with Trust. One time I quit a job by just not showing up.

I've worked in retail many times, Best Buy was the 2nd worst one. They honestly try to treat the workers well, but then undermine it with stupid evil policies. The worst part was me having like 3 or 4 different bosses and each one of them would tell me to do something slightly different. There were other reasons too, but in the end I said I was heading to college in 2 and 1/2 weeks, I was quite nice about, even asked to be transfered and they said they weren't allowed to do that (yeah right). As it turns out the manager who created myschedule (the only one I liked) Felt bad about them screwing me out of a transfer so he only made me work one day out of my last two weeks.

So I suggest you do give your two weeks. Especially if you have a good work record til now, there'd be no sense in ruining that reference now by doing something silly.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']

So I suggest you do give your two weeks. Especially if you have a good work record til now, there'd be no sense in ruining that reference now by doing something silly.[/quote]

You may be in trouble if you really need a reference from Best Buy to get your next job.

[quote name='WarrenGekko'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']

So I suggest you do give your two weeks. Especially if you have a good work record til now, there'd be no sense in ruining that reference now by doing something silly.[/quote]

You may be in trouble if you really need a reference from Best Buy to get your next job.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='asuitor']Just walk in on your day off with a roll of Toilet Paper, go behind the counter grab a small trash can. Go out onto the sales floor by the video games. sit on the can and pitch a loaf right there, when someone asks you what your doing reply that your fine and you dont need any help. After you are done just wipe and walk out. I am guessing they wont be expecting you to come to work after that.[/quote]

:rofl: that was really funny!

being mature is probably best, doubt they have exit interviews, so no point.

suggested: yes, accidental small discounts to CAGs are gooooood, maybe even package it in a 'bundle?' :) (Hey, is your BB in CA?)

[quote name='Backlash']Quit gracefully. There is no reason to burn bridges.[/quote]

I agree. I burned a lot of bridges, and it was a bad idea. When I quit working at CC, I gave 24 hours notice, when I quit working at TRU I gave a week's notice and left when I wanted every night for that week if the work was done or not. I enjoyed it at the time, but it was a stupid move in retrospect - you want to at least have a good reference out of your time working there.

Well, I agree that two weeks notice and leaving gracefully is probably the best thing to do, but if you have to make a statement -- treat the customers with respect and courtesy, you should be fired within the week.

I have to go with most everyone else and leave gracefully with your two weeks.
If you do anything crazy to make a statement, it won't work. All that will happen is you will look like an asshat and everyone will laughing at you and say what a psycho you were. Either way you do it, nothing will change with the way Best Buy is run.

Giving 2 weeks notice and "being mature" is the lame way to do things. Unless you REALLY REALLY need them as a reference fuck 'em! You don't get any bonus points or repsect points or anything for that "mature ' horse shit. If you go out with a bang it will be all the more satisfying especially if they have been screwing you over. I guarentee you will feel better about it too, if you just quit you'll always regret what could have been.

As for ideas, hmmm maybe you could get the label gun and mis-mark a bunch of prices? That would probably lead to chaos, haha especially if you do it the day after Thanksgiving, oh man what I wouldn't give to see that.

I would have to say something flashy is unnecessary...but depending on what situation I was in and what references I might need....I think if anyone went above and beyond in being an asshole/disrespeting you you have every right to explain to them how you feel about it. Without getting loud or cursing etc. Also if people have screwed you over and deserve it let the HR person you speak to before you leave (if that's how it works at BB) know about it.

[quote name='guessed']Well, I agree that two weeks notice and leaving gracefully is probably the best thing to do, but if you have to make a statement -- treat the customers with respect and courtesy, you should be fired within the week.[/quote]

Even quicker if you chose to actually tell them the truth about a product.

physcocopy.jpg

In response to what was said earlier... yeah, my manager at Best Buy and I get into arguments because I refuse to embellish (read: lie) about products. Oddly enough, I have the best customer feedback in the department.

bread's done
Back