How the Heck Does the Wii Track Gameplay Time???

TheFreshPrince

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
After downloading the new Nintendo Channel update, I went ahead and looked at my most played games.

All I can say is WOW! How is the Wii tracking time? It is soooo far off. I went back into the daily records, and the Total Play Time messages are absurd!

23:59 on Wii Shop Channel + 1:11 on Twilight Princess.....how is that even possible for one day?

I also have some 17 hr play sessions....and a TON of 1 minute play sessions. There even were seven 1 minute play sessions of Wii Sports in a row!

How does this happen? Is the Wii just awful at tracking or am I missing something?

I know its not a case of me leaving the system on....but does it track time when it's blinking blue or what?

Any ideas?

It will only leave one note per session. So in the example of your Wii Shop Channel + TP, it's likely that you booted up the Wii Shop Channel one day, left it on, and switched over to Zelda some time the next day.

I know people have said some of the gameplay records in the Nintendo Channel are goofy, but I can't say I've ever seen anything odd in the daily listings when I've looked.

I'm wondering how much space the tracking feature takes up...?

I have noticed a lot of weird things as well. The overall tracker in the Nintendo channel says I have played The Internet Browser for 656,000 hours.

And it says I have played the forecast channel for 576 hours when I have used it ONCE and I spent hardly 5 minutes on it.

Where is my Twilight Princess and Corruption times?! My favorite two games, and they are not listed!

I died a little on the inside when I saw that.

bread's done
Back