How the hell am I supposed to rip a CD?!

The 360 does all the work. I can't figure out why it randomly can get the track titles, would like it to be 100% of the time.

It's not really worth it, it takes forever and the 360 can't do anything else at the same time.
Music is not the 360s strong point..

Don't waste the HDD space you can used Windows Media Connect and stream audio from your PC or if you have an Ipod or other MP3 player connect that to the Xbox 360.

Personally, I think music is a strong point for the Xbox 360 if you're streaming from your PC or MP3 player. It's the only console of this generation that can currently handle custom sound tracks for every game. However, what Microsoft does need to do is add rewind and fast-forward to their music player. How can you leave out fast-forward and rewind?

[quote name='Cormier6083']I have mine in there is no button or anything. It doesn't do anything at all.[/QUOTE]press the guide button and then select your music.

[quote name='felixlighter']Don't waste the HDD space you can used Windows Media Connect and stream audio from your PC or if you have an Ipod or other MP3 player connect that to the Xbox 360.

Personally, I think music is a strong point for the Xbox 360 if you're streaming from your PC or MP3 player. It's the only console of this generation that can currently handle custom sound tracks for every game. However, what Microsoft does need to do is add rewind and fast-forward to their music player. How can you leave out fast-forward and rewind?[/QUOTE]

Personally I'm opposed to "custom soundtracks". IMO it's insulting to composers and game designers, and in some cases could screw up the gameplay.

If you really want custom audio-just turning on a seperate device makes much more sense IMO.

Regardless, I'd never store that type of thing on a game system. As said, just keep it on your PC or iPod (though I just play it from those even when I want separate audio).

[quote name='Wolfpup']Personally I'm opposed to "custom soundtracks". IMO it's insulting to composers and game designers, and in some cases could screw up the gameplay.

If you really want custom audio-just turning on a seperate device makes much more sense IMO.

Regardless, I'd never store that type of thing on a game system. As said, just keep it on your PC or iPod (though I just play it from those even when I want separate audio).[/quote]

I concur. Most games sound great with the music they have. However, NFS for instance has what I would consider generic music and anything would work fine, to a point.

[quote name='APE992']I concur. Most games sound great with the music they have. However, NFS for instance has what I would consider generic music and anything would work fine, to a point.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. For something kind of generic like that I can see it being a cool feature. Kind of different from replacing the music in Lost Odyssey or Bioshock or something :D

Sure, but when you're talking extended sessions of online multiplayer, custom soundtracks are nearly a must IMO

Yeah I use the custom soundtrack for stuff like Billiards.
(Connect 360 lets me stream from iTunes on the MacMini in my entertainment center)
But I would never override the music in an immersive game w/a soundtrack.

Custom soundtracks are "insulting to composers?" What the fuck? If some guy wants to play through Halo 3 the first time while listening to Fall Out Boy or some other piece of shit, that's their loss.

I'm far, far MORE insulted that EA wants to shove their terrible "EA Trax" down my throat every time I put in Fight Night or whatever.

It's a goddamn shame that integrated custom soundtracks have been toned way down since the days of the first XBox, and I hope it turns around sooner than later. Yeah, you can play whatever music you want over the game, and Saint's Row has a half-assed implementation with their "MP3 player," but it's a far cry from having the CD/tape deck station in the GTA games, giving your created character in Raw 2 whatever entrance theme you wanted, or the AWESOME custom music option in NFL 2k5 that let you set the stadium music for touchdowns/kickoffs/first downs/etc.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Personally I'm opposed to "custom soundtracks". IMO it's insulting to composers and game designers, and in some cases could screw up the gameplay.
[/QUOTE]

Custom soundtracks are for EA games. Hell, sometimes I listen to Stephen Hawking's Universe in a Nutshell they have such bad taste in music.

Yeah, basically I wouldn't want to use a custom soundtrack for any story-driven game. But if I'm playing round after round of UMK3 (on the SAME STAGE EVERY TIME unless you and your partner enter a stage-select code on the pre-match screen), you bet I'm gonna throw some of my own music on! Just playing the music from your computer (not streamed to the xbox) can be nice too, but I love hearing the Mortal Kombat sound effects blaring through the same speakers as my music, so I prefer to stream.

[quote name='porieux']It's not really worth it, it takes forever and the 360 can't do anything else at the same time.
Music is not the 360s strong point..[/QUOTE]
well this is worth it if you want custom soundtracks in game and not just ontop of the games audio. (i.e. custom radio station in saints row)

bread's done
Back