How the Hell do i ship this B****

tfro

CAG Veteran
Waz up ,
As you can probably tell that im new to this place, i was wondering how shipping and paying work on this site. Do you have to pay for shipping and handling? When do you know when to ship things? DO you need to use priority mall to ship it or is regular fine? Lastly, I hear that you have to use a tracker when you ever send an item. Is that true?

I have no idea how to answer the first two questions, but I don't use priority mail. I just ship things with first class and it's usually fine. The tracker thing would probably be recommended so you can confirm when your item gets to them.

[quote name='chickenbutt']I have no idea how to answer the first two questions, but I don't use priority mail. I just ship things with first class and it's usually fine. The tracker thing would probably be recommended so you can confirm when your item gets to them.[/QUOTE]

Ight thanks for the feed

[quote name='tfro']Waz up ,
As you can probably tell that im new to this place, i was wondering how shipping and paying work on this site. Do you have to pay for shipping and handling? When do you know when to ship things? DO you need to use priority mall to ship it or is regular fine? Lastly, I hear that you have to use a tracker when you ever send an item. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

Answers(in order):

1. YES. You have to pay for shipping and handling when doing a deal on here, unless it's something like a DLC code or something and you think you can trust the other person not to scam you by saying they didn't get it by sending it electronically.

Cheapest method of shipping to use is first class shipping for most stuff(that doesn't go over 13 ounces). Best way to pack items:

If it's a
* game/cd/dvd: Bubble mailer of appropriate size
* strategy guide/book: again, bubble mailer and if book is softcover put cardboard in package and write ' DO NOT BEND' on the package, you can send these Media Mail, but it's a much slower rate
* larger item like a game console or other items like that-USPS Flat Rate Priority Box

2. Usually I wait until I receive payment before shipping out when someone is buying something from me. In the event of a trade deal though, I do go by CAG rules and ship first if I'm the lower feedback. However, I have waited in times past until the other person acknowledged sending their end of the deal before I sent.

3. As said above, unless it's a larger item or a bundle of stuff that I'm still making money on even by sending it Priority, I'll just send first class mail for games and usually Media Mail for game guides.

4. While it's not exactly a requirement(it is for me though:razz:)to use Delivery Confirmation on EVERY package you send out, it does let you verify that the item was delivered, so that if someone tries to scam you you can just pull up the DC# info and prove them wrong.

On much larger items like game consoles/bundles of games/etc I've used Signature Confirmation and marked it in the system that ONLY the addressee could sign for it, thus assuring that they indeed were the ones who received it.

On a side note since your new, dont even deal with someone on here and let them talk you into sending you payment via paypal as a gift because you wont be able to have paypal refund you when the deal goes tits up. Hence my negative feedback on my profile here is from someone I did that for and he sent me water damaged collectors edition of a game that was in bad shape and missing a item. I got screwed because paypal wouldnt refund a gift payment and all he would do is "Ill refund you a couple bucks for your trouble but I wont refund all of it".

That's why I only take cash or USPS money orders and I tell people to ASK if they want a more detailed description of what I'm selling. But chances are if I say something has scratches or a messed up cover or whatever, then it does since I'm anal retentive like many on CAG.

bread's done
Back