How to Deal with the Crap in Life?

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, it is a tricky son-of-a-bitch...it's always good to try everything, then try out meds. we are in an over-medicated country and doctors are way too quick to write scripts.[/QUOTE]

I agree that meds should be a last resort. Especially since SSRIs in particular still don't have much in the way of conclusive studies as to long-term effects yet, being as relatively new as they are. Still, I went for over a decade trying to deal with depression without medication and when I recently found one that worked for me (Zoloft), it very quickly made a difference.

[quote name='fanskad']Don't wuss out. And above all, don't kill yourself. Yet. Wait until you've hit rock bottom, till you're giving blowjobs for $10, or rimjobs for $20 behind a 7-11. Wait until you look forward to the next blowjob because it will provide you a hot meal.

Then kill yourself. You have to spiral down first.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if this has been posted or not, because I don't care to read anymore, but:

You're absolutely right about this. Why kill yourself when you haven't even expired all your options? If you really hate your life, run away from it and start over. There is always so much more to life than you have experienced yet. I do understand the desire to inflict damage upon yourself, but all that ends up doing is furthering depression, because you look at your wounds and think: "Oh, woe is me! :(:(:(:("

Anyway, here is my life mentality that justifies all shit that happens in my life:

"Everything is a learning experience. As long as you can learn from badness, the badness had a positive reason for existing."

[quote name='evilmregg']I agree that meds should be a last resort. Especially since SSRIs in particular still don't have much in the way of conclusive studies as to long-term effects yet, being as relatively new as they are. Still, I went for over a decade trying to deal with depression without medication and when I recently found one that worked for me (Zoloft), it very quickly made a difference.[/QUOTE]

I've always been depressed, so I'm afraid that if I were suddenly fixed I'd have nothing left. It would be like finding out you were adopted or something. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I've always been depressed, so I'm afraid that if I were suddenly fixed I'd have nothing left. It would be like finding out you were adopted or something. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I have that same problem... I started taking medications back in Jr High and I found myself randomly smiling for no reason. I found it disturbing so I quit. :lol:

That may not be something to really laugh about, but I feel my jaded cynicism defines me.

Another thing I find odd is that everyone and their brother is 'depressed' to the point of needing medication. Years ago teens used to just lash out because of hormones, but now they have 'emotional issues that need reconsiliation, healing and closure'. Not to mention a shit load of medication.

I don't thing depression is so much a disease as it is the state of mind we've worked ourselves into as a society. I don't think there would be any drugs involved except for the fact perscriptions are like $100-300 a bottle.

bread's done
Back