How to download PS3 demos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just click download, download in background and it immediatley starts downloading to my harddrive. Idk weird.

Excuse me for being a dumbass (no sarcasm intended), but how do I do that? I disconnected the internet cable from my computer and tried to plug it into my PS3, but the cable does not fit. Do I need to purchase an ethernet cable for this? If not, what do I need? Do I have to worry about getting a virus?

I have a home internet connection on my desktop computer. Will this be enough to be able to download content from the Sony store to my PS3?

I already have an account on the Sony store and have been downloading free content onto my PSP. Is downloading content to the PS3 similar? Is there anything else I need?

[quote name='steve_k']Excuse me for being a dumbass (no sarcasm intended), but how do I do that? I disconnected the internet cable from my computer and tried to plug it into my PS3, but the cable does not fit. Do I need to purchase an ethernet cable for this? If not, what do I need? Do I have to worry about getting a virus?

I have a home internet connection on my desktop computer. Will this be enough to be able to download content from the Sony store to my PS3?

I already have an account on the Sony store and have been downloading free content onto my PSP. Is downloading content to the PS3 similar? Is there anything else I need?[/quote]

Ethernet. Before I got things worked out for the wireless, I just ran an ethernet cable from my router to the PS3.

I have a home internet connection on my desktop computer. Will this be enough to be able to download content from the Sony store to my PS3

Well, purchasing a router, preferably a wireless router, would be beneficial to both of you. You have to downloaded the demos through the PlayStation Store application on the PS3 itself, not by browsing to something else with the browser. That may sound stupid, but I don't know what you're doing. The router will allow you to feed your internet connection into a hub and plug up multiple devices without having to switch your ethernet cable each time you want to get online on a particular device. The PS3 has a wireless NIC, so invest in a wireless router to save having to run cables, although you will sacrifice bandwidth. Hope that helps.

By the way, you must use ethernet cables with RJ-45 jacks (a little bigger than a telephone jack) on them to interconnect devices. You may have a USB cable going from your modem into your computer. That won't work with the PS3 or a router.

[quote name='cavado528']I have a home internet connection on my desktop computer. Will this be enough to be able to download content from the Sony store to my PS3[/QUOTE]

you cant dl stuff from the ps3 store to your pc. you can however ( if your pc allows for network sharing) connect your ps3 to the internet through your computer.

Another point is that hooking your PS3 up to your PC would not be easy, and would not benefit you entirely. You MUST downloaded PS3 demos to the PS3 while USING the PS3 with the internet connection. This can be done, like my last post said, with an ethernet cable running from a router or a hub into your PS3. Your modem provided by your ISP is a router, so you can plug it straight into the back of the PS3.

Well, he said the cable wont fit into his PS3, so I'm assuming he was trying to plug in a phone line, which means he has dial-up.

If that's the case, first you need to get some type of broadband internet, whether it be DSL, cable, etc... Then if you don't want to constantly switch out you ethernet cable from your PC to your PS3, you'd need a router. I'd personally recommend wired since the connection will always be stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back