How to get a PS3 at Compusa.

Those 12% off BB coupons for Reward Zone members come off the original price of items, not sale prices.(Says so on the coupon) So you cant combine with a 10% off sale. I know, I tried once. My Samsung tv was on sale and I tried to use the 12% RZ member coupon and it took the percentage off the original price. I still save a little more than the sale price it was at.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']I need an HDTV anyway. Anyone know if Sony makes good ones?[/QUOTE]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(that means "yes")

[quote name='addicted2games']Those 12% off BB coupons for Reward Zone members come off the original price of items, not sale prices.(Says so on the coupon) So you cant combine with a 10% off sale. I know, I tried once. My Samsung tv was on sale and I tried to use the 12% RZ member coupon and it took the percentage off the original price. I still save a little more than the sale price it was at.[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV by the employee. I've had someone override for me, it's worth a shot. Worst comes to worst you just play stupid :) Do it on a busy day with a lot of customers around.

The SXRD is an amazing set. Also the lower grade lcd projection tv that they make is also pretty darned good. Bulb replacement is an issue, but if you can afford to drop 2000ish on a new set, then 250 every 3-5 years is not that big of a deal. If the extended warranty on the set covers bulb replacement, then I would seriously consider it as long as it is not much more than 400 for 3 years. Heavy gaming will definitely run through that bulb rather quickly, easily within 3 years.

[quote name='diablofreak']isnt this illegal? doesnt sound right

its like saying "buy a new BMW so you can reserve an ipod"[/quote]

Why would it be illegal? It's more like "You do us a favor" (buy a high margin high value item that makes our store look good), and "We'll do you a favor" (set aside a low margin, ultra hard to find item that you can't easily get elsewhere).

Just imagine, you buy the TV and you get your reserve, BUT they never get a PS3 shipment on launch day.

[quote name='getmyrunon']It's YMMV by the employee. I've had someone override for me, it's worth a shot. Worst comes to worst you just play stupid :) Do it on a busy day with a lot of customers around.[/quote]

yep. i brought it to the guy and he said he "didn't think they would combine". i told him my $2000 purchase was hinging on that coupon. after that, apparently the savings and coupon sat together quite happily. i knew they would. ;)

just one thing about HD LCD TVs...
doesnt the new Sharp models have better picture quality than the SONY's?

[quote name='ppyxr']just one thing about HD LCD TVs...
doesnt the new Sharp models have better picture quality than the SONY's?[/QUOTE]

It all depends on the model you're comparing

Seriously, if you're looking into getting an lcd, do your research

www.avsforum.com

Can we get an image of the actual ad back up? Or at least the exact wording? I am very interested in this. As I am in the market for both an HDTV and PS3.

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']So can I reserve a PS3 this sunday if I buy a TV on sunday?[/quote]

going by what the ad says...No.

"Reserve your PS3, Friday Nov. 17th when you buy any sony HDTV 40" >"

If I can guarantee a PS3 (doesn't sound like it) by buying a 40" tv, I'd do it. I was going to purchase a new HDTV anyways, might as well get a massive coupon in the form of a PS3.

not to be an ass, but why camp on the 17th for a preorder, when you could camp for the actual system.

[quote name='mikkymuffins']Wow... this is all over FW and SD now.. looks like I you might need to camp for this bundle![/quote]

LOL. I was just thinking the exact same thing.

[quote name='thagoat']not to be an ass, but why camp on the 17th for a preorder, when you could camp for the actual system.[/quote]

Um, You buy the TV Sunday and the pre-order will get you the PS3 on Friday. You may have to camp on sunday morning to buy the tv and get on the list. I called and confirmed this is the case (a.k.a. buy tv sunday and get on list to pickup and buy ps3 friday) first come first serve on sunday.

[quote name='Lyzel']Just curious, but can you return the TV, and keep the PS3??[/quote]

No. they will write "No Return" on your receipt. I guess you could try and return without a receipt and get $2k in store credit, but that would blow

I don't think you can return the TV with out the PS3.

How much are they selling the 40 inch for?

At my CompUSA, there was no line and I was the first one to reserve a PS3 with a TV. The TV cost me $2,100 but they said I could return the TV.

Then again, if I get another PS3 at launch, I'll keep the TV.

Glorious capitalism!!!

I got a 40" Sony HDTV LCD + 5 year plan for $2,142 and they said you get the PS3 w/in 5 days of the 17th. They also said I could take back the TV if I didn't get the PS3 by then. TV looks pretty awesome and I'll return it if not.

PS: I dont' know much about TV's, so can someone point me to some reviews. It is the Sony Bravia KDL-40S2010 40-inch LCD HDTV (Black). I found some reviews for the 40S2000, but I haven't seen any for the 2010. Anyone know about this one?

Sounds like the TV I got.

They told me I'll get my PS3 at launch.

Then again, my CompUSA has low traffic flow. I think the store is letting the customers who take advantage of this offer get first dibs on the PS3.

[quote name='sectionop92']Sounds like the TV I got.

They told me I'll get my PS3 at launch.

Then again, my CompUSA has low traffic flow. I think the store is letting the customers who take advantage of this offer get first dibs on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I passed on the deal when they would not guarantee that I would get a PS3 on Friday. Additionally the 40" Bravia can easily be found for $400 cheaper online and was $200 cheaper at the store last week. I tried to talk them into the $1599 price and a PS3 reserve but no luck. They did tell me that I could return the TV if the PS3 doesn't show but there was a 15% restocking fee and if I did get the PS3 and wanted to return the TV the PS3 had to be returned as well.

[quote name='Wlogan31']I got a 40" Sony HDTV LCD + 5 year plan for $2,142 and they said you get the PS3 w/in 5 days of the 17th. They also said I could take back the TV if I didn't get the PS3 by then. TV looks pretty awesome and I'll return it if not.

PS: I dont' know much about TV's, so can someone point me to some reviews. It is the Sony Bravia KDL-40S2010 40-inch LCD HDTV (Black). I found some reviews for the 40S2000, but I haven't seen any for the 2010. Anyone know about this one?[/quote]

Here is my thought on that tv as I did consider that exact deal.
If you really wanted the ps3 and didn't want to camp...
If you were going to sell the ps3 and just enjoy high def cable or upscaled movies and aren't incredble concerned about picture quality, that tv will work out great. But as an fyi, it's only 720.
To get the full benefit of your ps3 if you decide to keep it, some people (including me) would prefer a 1080p which is the next model up from this set.
Additionally, you could find the tv you were looking at for a lower price and purchase the warranty directly from Sony and save yourself some money.

So in the end, I suppose it depends on what you want from the package. :)

Hope that helps a little. Hope you get your PS3!!

[quote name='_RT_']Here is my thought on that tv as I did consider that exact deal.
If you really wanted the ps3 and didn't want to camp...
If you were going to sell the ps3 and just enjoy high def cable or upscaled movies and aren't incredble concerned about picture quality, that tv will work out great. But as an fyi, it's only 720.
To get the full benefit of your ps3 if you decide to keep it, some people (including me) would prefer a 1080p which is the next model up from this set.
Additionally, you could find the tv you were looking at for a lower price and purchase the warranty directly from Sony and save yourself some money.

So in the end, I suppose it depends on what you want from the package. :)

Hope that helps a little. Hope you get your PS3!![/quote]
Thanks for the input. The situation is that I'm not much of a videophile/TV person (still rocking a 10 year old CRT) so 720p will probaby be amazing to me :). My question really is this: If I plan to sell the PS3 on Ebay (don't want one) and can essentially lower the price of this TV to $1,000 or so, is it worth it. From what I'm reading in this thread, it is. Just wanted to check though.

[quote name='Wlogan31']Thanks for the input. The situation is that I'm not much of a videophile/TV person (still rocking a 10 year old CRT) so 720p will probaby be amazing to me :). My question really is this: If I plan to sell the PS3 on Ebay (don't want one) and can essentially lower the price of this TV to $1,000 or so, is it worth it. From what I'm reading in this thread, it is. Just wanted to check though.[/quote]

Very worth it. :)

Enjoy.

bread's done
Back