How to handle a tricky ebay situation?

Saaril

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I don't do a whole lot of ebaying and I've run into a situation I'm not sure how to handle. I purchased a lot of 100ish games all stuff I want, from a person with 300+ feedback (96% positive). I paid through paypal right away (The auction ended March 9 or 10)...on about the 14th I received an email from the seller saying he'd put it in the mail the next day and give me a tracking number. I haven't gotten a tracking number yet and I haven't seen any replies to my emails (I've sent a new one every day or so checking up on the situation). I even sent email from two different accounts just to make sure I wasn't getting spam filtered out.

So what's the proper way to handle this? Ultimately I don't care if it takes a long time, I just want the stuff I bought.

Doesn't sound like a big deal to me yet, the seller might just be a busy person and can't check email religiously, I know when I sell is about the only time I check my email and even then between two jobs, a wife, and filming a television show it gets hard.

[quote name='thetoxicone']Doesn't sound like a big deal to me yet, the seller might just be a busy person and can't check email religiously, I know when I sell is about the only time I check my email and even then between two jobs, a wife, and filming a television show it gets hard.[/quote]

How can you say that with a straight face? It's been 10 days and the item hasn't even shipped yet and he's got no replies. Please people check there emails more then that. I'd try to contact him again to see if he replies and threaten him. If not, take action. Use square deal and such. Try and get your money back.

Try getting the seller phone number on ebay and talk to him directly to see the situation.
If you can't get his "REAL" phone number on ebay try contact ebay and paypal and do a chargeback i guess.

I had a buyer who claimed he couldn't contact me once. He e-mailed me, adn then the next day he e-mailed me again threatening me with negative. I got so pissed off at his impatience. I was on a 12 hour drive and there was no way I could have responded in that time. What's worse, when I did respond he kept sending me threats saying I never responded. I responded to all 5 or 6 of his e-mails, he said I never responded. He ended up calling my mother (my home phone is on my account, and I wasn't home), who said the package had been sent out a while ago and that I was away. I wanted to talk to him, to say I had responded to every e-mail, but at the same time I was afraid I'd get pissed off and end up with a negative as a result.

[quote name='Porject D']Try getting the seller phone number on ebay and talk to him directly to see the situation.
If you can't get his "REAL" phone number on ebay try contact ebay and paypal and do a chargeback i guess.[/quote]

You won it the 9th you said, a little quick to do a chargeback. I'd give it another week or so before getting worried.

[quote name='Porject D']Try getting the seller phone number on ebay and talk to him directly to see the situation.
If you can't get his "REAL" phone number on ebay try contact ebay and paypal and do a chargeback i guess.[/quote]

damn beat me 2 it :p..usually a phone call gets things done...usually, but all i cud really say is wait..and if nothing, bam! chargeback :D

bread's done
Back