How to play Metal Gear series...

stewie75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Just recently played MGS4... loved it. So, I decided to finally play the other MGS games.. and was wondering if it was better to play them in the order they were released, or the true chronological order. I know a few of the games are prequels, so I was just looking for some feedback before I started playing. Essential Collection and Portable Ops are waiting for a reply... :lol:

Well if you already played MGS4, you already been spoiled a lot with the story. Though I would just go in order of release, MGS1 , 2 , 3 , Portable Ops , 4. You could also play Metal Gear 1 and 2 and Metal Gear Solid on the GBC if you can get your hands on those. Either way have fun.

If you plan to play MG2 (not MGS2), I'd recommend saving it for after you play MGS1. Without spoiling much, MGS1 reuses a few
(actually, many)
elements from MG2 and I think if you played the latter first, it might actually diminish the MGS1 experience. After playing MGS1 though, it's very cool playing the first two games and seeing how the series developed.

Also don't feel obligated to play Portable Ops no matter how much of a fan of the series you are.

I kinda wish I finished MG Portable Ops, just to see more of how Zero and Ocelot, etc developed. I got about a third through the game and just gave up. I hated the whole mission style of it and than kept like knocking everybody out and dragging them to my truck to recuit them.

[quote name='Thongsy']I kinda wish I finished MG Portable Ops, just to see more of how Zero and Ocelot, etc developed. I got about a third through the game and just gave up. I hated the whole mission style of it and than kept like knocking everybody out and dragging them to my truck to recuit them.[/quote]

Don't worry, you didn't miss much at all. And yeah, the game probably should have been called Metal Gear: Slowly Dragging People Across the Map. :lol:

[quote name='metaly']Don't worry, you didn't miss much at all. And yeah, the game probably should have been called Metal Gear: Slowly Dragging People Across the Map. :lol:[/quote]
Or Metal Gear: Make Your Fingers Bleed When Recruiting Via Wifi Signals

[quote name='rapsodist']How to play the Metal Gear series... Drunk. At least for MGS2. Trust me.[/QUOTE]

Best thing I read on the internet all day so funny...

I recently replayed MGS2 (sadly not drunk) but the game is hysterical.....I used to not like it as much as MGS1 or MGS3 but it's a totally different game since the release of MGS4.

I must replay at least the plant chapter drunk

If you are playing them for the first time then I would go in order like the majority of people say. However I recently played them in their chronological order.

bread's done
Back