How to: Redeem 50 pt codes and be in Canada

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Ok if anyone wants to thank me for this toss me one of those 50 pt codes via PM and that'd be awesome.

Anyway. You can redeem them in Canada.

Step 1:
Create a new hotmail address with a fake US address (just use a pizza parlor addy or something)
Step 2:
Make a profile for that X-box and make sure the region is set to USA
Step 3:
Go to the points site and redeem your code signed into the US account

Its some work sure. But you can pick up something cheap for yourself.

You have to be signed into Live to be able to play stuff that you downloaded with your US account as far as I know. You can try trading the 50 point codes for 100 point codes with Americans.

No I already did it. I also use a US gamerpic. Why I made the account in the first place.

Anything bought on 1 can be used on all accounts.

I also made a Japanese account for the free Lost Odyssey DLC that was only available here as a preorder bonus.

And I can use Protoman(bought with my 50 pt codes) in my main bought MM9 (bought in my main).

Though what you're saying is true, keep in mind that if your console ever breaks you won't be able to use those items on a 360 in any account other than the one it was downloaded to.

well yeah but i could redownload them from the account i bought it from?

Is this the same if I buy a new Harddrive and move the stuff over?

[quote name='Lockescythe']well yeah but i could redownload them from the account i bought it from?

Is this the same if I buy a new Harddrive and move the stuff over?[/quote]

redownloading them doesn't grant you a new license for the content nor does it transfer the licenses. The license is tied to the console you bought it on which is why you can use the content on any of your profiles on that console. If you ever redownload that content on a different console you can't use it unless you're signed into Live with the account you bought them with. Isn't the 360s DRM great? But you're fine for now, just pray your 360 never breaks. ;)

The software license is tied to your console so it doesn't matter if you buy a new hard drive as long as you're still playing on the same console.

Good to know. I'll also keep that in mind and only download unimportant things with any US points I get. Like once I get the final achievement for live score tracker I won't touch the thing anymore anyway.

You can transfer your license ONCE per year to another console, which I believe carries over to any accounts on that console.

So all is not lost if your 360 breaks.

do i have to make the xbox account on my 360 or on my hotmail to get the code. My 360 is in repair right now so I tried hotmail but got nothing?

[quote name='grumpygrunt']do i have to make the xbox account on my 360 or on my hotmail to get the code. My 360 is in repair right now so I tried hotmail but got nothing?[/quote]

You can probably create the account on xbox.com if you don't have access to your 360 right now. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/memberships101.htm

That might work... but I'm not 100%

*off topic*
any1 interrested in my code of 50pts since i haven't really downloaded something from live for while and i don't really intend to use it anyway. I wouldn't want this to be wasted.
First one to pm gets it

**NO MORE CODE**

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back