how to score a wii

you can just go to a retailer tommorow...

bestbuy, circuitcity, kmart, toysrus, and target will all have them, according to their weekly circular

1. Keep an eye out online for advance notification of when retailers will be receiving Wiis.

2. Wake up early on Sunday or late on Saturday, wait outside your retailer of choice.

3. Buy a Wii for $250.

Problem solved.

[quote name='Rocko']1. Keep an eye out online for advance notification of when retailers will be receiving Wiis.

2. Wake up early on Sunday or late on Saturday, wait outside your retailer of choice.

3. Buy a Wii for $250.

Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

The damn AP had best give this man a byline. He just wrote the damn article for them.

Edit: I do suggest bringing coffee (or other warm beverages) for step 2 if you live in a frigid part of the country.

[quote name='foltzie']Edit: I do suggest bringing coffee (or other warm beverages) for step 2 if you live in a frigid part of the country.[/quote]

Very true. I waited overnight for my Wii on launch night and it was quite cold, being November and all. Luckily there was a 24 hour convenience store right next to Target, so I could go and get something to drink. It's bound to be uncomfortable, but it's almost a necessity this time of year if you want a Wii for MSRP.

[quote name='Rocko']Very true. I waited overnight for my Wii on launch night and it was quite cold, being November and all. Luckily there was a 24 hour convenience store right next to Target, so I could go and get something to drink. It's bound to be uncomfortable, but it's almost a necessity this time of year if you want a Wii for MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I did the camp out last Black Friday, single digit temperatures outside. 3 different stores. Toys R Us first, fortunately they came out at 12:30 and said they didnt have an Wii's. Gamestop second, with folks outside thinking they had 6 Wii's, and I made list ending up sixth. Staff came in at 3am and told us 5 Wii's only. So I moved on to a EB Games, 3rd in line with a rumor again of 6 Wii. Staff didnt show up until 6:55am for a 7am opening. The line at that point was 35 people and fortunately I had started making a list so we could excuse ourselves for a few moments. Thankfully, people respected the list when we lined up as they opened the doors.

The only thing that made the wait bearable was Clubhouse games, a flask, and at 6am a hot chocolate from a nearby McDonalds.

My plan is wake up at 5:30 to leave by 6 off to BB or the TRU close by. And if by chance theres no one in line, im waiting in my warm car till people do show up. I think the BB opens up at 9 and the TRU at 8.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']My plan is wake up at 5:30 to leave by 6 off to BB or the TRU close by. And if by chance theres no one in line, im waiting in my warm car till people do show up. I think the BB opens up at 9 and the TRU at 8.[/quote]

Good luck with that buddy. I just posted this is in Speedy's game deals thread where people were talking about scoring a Wii.

It's currently 34 and raining with slush and sleet covering the grounds from snow/rain sleet all day. Snow is on the way in a couple hours and we have a line at Best Buy. :D

HAHA I just drove by to see what time they open tomorrow and there looks to be 3 sets of people bundled up and then people in a tent. Also about 5 cars in the parking lot containing people who I assume will rush the line once a few more people start showing up. I had thoughts of sneaking up a few hours early and trying to get a ticket but damn it's not worth spending the night for. Let the desperate parents have um. I did see several children up there so i'm glad they'll be getting the systems I assume a Ebayer wouldn't drag their kids along for punishment. :D

Is Circuit City getting Wiis tomorrow? Theres a CC right next to my TRU and I was wondering if I could run over there if I dont luck out at TRU.

[quote name='hero101']The wiis are in NY. Come and get it. See the Nintendo Store.[/QUOTE]

Do they actually clear out that line every day?

[quote name='Dwapook']Does Toys R Us force bundles on people? Do any retailers force bundles on people anymore?[/QUOTE]

None of the major B&M ones, except for Coscto and Sams Club of course. This may be different with ONLINE sales though.

[quote name='foltzie']None of the major B&M ones, except for Coscto and Sams Club of course. This may be different with ONLINE sales though.[/quote]

actualy if you go to some tg maxx stores you have to buy it with like some wii mote covers wii sports add onns a cooling stand and some other crap you dont want and its over 500 bucks but if thats the only way to find a wii hell ill take the crap i realy dont care but the funny part is the store was right next to game stop!

[quote name='fshaia']This is it, It just tells you to go to GS to try and get a raincheck to get one by January 29th, kind of like my local news channel last night, it said "stay tuned on how to get that hard to find Wii" then all they said was " go to Ebay or Craigslist" Gee thanks a lot for that tip ! Anyway here is the article from Good Morning America :

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/GadgetGuide/story?id=4001054&page=1[/quote]

o thanks i thought it would be in gma but no

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']My plan is wake up at 5:30 to leave by 6 off to BB or the TRU close by. And if by chance theres no one in line, im waiting in my warm car till people do show up. I think the BB opens up at 9 and the TRU at 8.[/quote]
By 5:30am where I am in Houston, going to the Galleria Best Buy you would've been SOL. My friends at the Galleria Circuit City, and the other CC around the corner from us started the same time as me, and only 1 got lucky.

The only base I didn't cover was the Target, but I imagine they'd have been a mad house.

Some chick actually had everyone who showed up write their names on a list. I was #12, my friend #13. Everyone after #31 was SOL. They came out to tell them at 6:30am, but people still kept creeping in line. It came down to the point that if your name wasn't on the list, you did not get a voucher- they actually called out our names, haha. One guy had an empty chair, but went home, and didn't sign the list....he almost lost out...was #30.

From my experience last night on this in freezing temps: bring an insulated sleeping bag, thick blankets (not comforters), and something to piss in.

You could do what I did:

Put 3 or 4 differnt phone numbers of Gamestops, Targets, Walmarts, whatever (if its a wii retailer it will work). THen just make a habit, call once a day and ask 1. Do you have any wii's? and 2. when are you getting them? I did this and got one the day after launch. I think it was 11/12/06.

So I didn't want to make yet another thread about it but my sister up and asked for a Wii for Christmas. And who's the guy that's gotta get it? Why, me of course!

So I've been going to Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and Gamestop as they open (they're all right next to each other practically) every morning for the last couple of days. No luck. I'm thinking I'll have to wake up early Sunday morning. Does anyone know if this Sunday (12/23) will be a delivery day for the big retailers or is it too late to get one before Christmas?

I wish the ship dates were'nt as random as they seem to be.

[quote name='spiwak']So I didn't want to make yet another thread about it but my sister up and asked for a Wii for Christmas. And who's the guy that's gotta get it? Why, me of course!

So I've been going to Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and Gamestop as they open (they're all right next to each other practically) every morning for the last couple of days. No luck. I'm thinking I'll have to wake up early Sunday morning. Does anyone know if this Sunday (12/23) will be a delivery day for the big retailers or is it too late to get one before Christmas?

I wish the ship dates were'nt as random as they seem to be.[/quote]

I am sorry to say, but if you didn't get one last Sunday you are most likely screwed. Big retailers had hundreds last Sunday and it was pretty much their last shipments.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']I am sorry to say, but if you didn't get one last Sunday you are most likely screwed. Big retailers had hundreds last Sunday and it was pretty much their last shipments.[/quote]
Damn. Well, Guess I should give it a shot anyway. My mom told me about her asking for one seriously Monday of this week.

Well I was just shy of getting one at TRU today (no one else received shipments). I woke up late than I had planned and went to Best Buy first then TRU and I seriously just missed the vouchers. ARGH! Looks like I'll have to sit the sister down and tell her that she'll have to get it after Christmas.

Thank a lot for killing Santa, Nintendo! :p

bread's done
Back